Any Dentists or Endo Docs on the forum? (Root Canal #2 question)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Any Dentists or Endo Docs on the forum? (Root Canal #2 question)

Post by Old No7 »

Are there any Dentists or Endo Docs on this forum?

Here's my situation and questions.........

Do you know if “NOT treating” a small abscess on a prior root canal is a potential health risk? They tell me that you can’t just inject any antibiotic directly into it (I asked), and they have to try and redo the root canal (#2) again. But it is not bothering me at all, and it never has since Root Canal #1 was done 4 years ago. But they say that a small gray area (abscess) showed up on a recent x-Ray.

--> My endo dentist is eager to retreat it -- and he gets $1,900 (which costs me $800 out-of-pocket if it works, or $400 cash if it doesn’t).

--> And if Root Canal #2 fails, it will cost me $2,000 more out-of-pocket from my regular dentist to pull the tooth and put in a bridge — ouch!!!

That's either $800 and it works -- or $2,400 if it doesn't... Money that would be better spent on a new levergun!

Questions:

* What is the health risk of just leaving it alone, until or unless it flares up??

* And if it does, and if taking an oral antibiotic calms it down -- then why should I even bother to have root canal #2 done?

For $20 I can get the oral antibiotic… If that happens 3 times over the next twenty years, I'm hundreds of $$ ahead.

I really feel like they are more concerned with "picking my pocket" than ensuring good dental health.

Any thoughts please ? ? ?

Thanks.

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Any Dentists or Endo Docs on the forum? (Root Canal #2 question)

Post by .45colt »

I'm not a dentist. I had three dentists tell Me in the last fifteen years that most of the molars in my mouth needed to have all the fillings re-done or the teeth capped. one group wanted $13k . got fired by one dental group because of a charge of $50.00 because My wife called and cancelled an appointment as she was exposed to covid. I went into the office and complained loudly.... After that I found a Lady Dentist who fixed a broken tooth, pulled one wisdom tooth and said everything else is fine. All for less that $500 :shock: .
I would try to find another dentist for another opinion and if your not in pain listen to your body. Good Luck!
TomF
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TomF »

I'm not a dentist either. I have had 2 root canals and both caused me trouble and we're eventually extracted. Both, at separate times, were inflamed, treated with antibiotics until cleared up and at separate times were removed. Since then, no more root canals.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

And I should add that two weeks ago We were in Tennessee and took the "Tasting Tour" at Jack Daniels. You know what I recommend for Pain. :wink: . :o .
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

.45colt wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:05 pm And I should add that two weeks ago We were in Tennessee and took the "Tasting Tour" at Jack Daniels. You know what I recommend for Pain. :wink: . :o .
I bet "Old No7" agrees! :wink:
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:19 pm
.45colt wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:05 pm And I should add that two weeks ago We were in Tennessee and took the "Tasting Tour" at Jack Daniels. You know what I recommend for Pain. :wink: . :o .
I bet "Old No7" agrees! :wink:
Heck yeah!

I did the tour last summer! I probably need to post some pictures on this forum.

O'ld No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have had problems with my teeth. Every root canal eventually ended up in a broken tooth being totally removed. I trust the antibiotics more.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Old No7 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:15 pm Heck yeah!

I did the tour last summer! I probably need to post some pictures on this forum.

O'ld No7
Yes you do!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

It’s all a racket to get you to keep on coming back………..”fill it or pull it”…anything else is going to cost you money and within a few years they are gonna pull it anyway………I’ve been there …….pull it…..well, let the dentist pull it and if he refuses just tell him you will find a dentist who will.
Model A Uzi’s
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

There hasn’t been a human tooth in my mouth in about five years now . Had total uppers for 7 or 8 years and finally got the last four out of the bottom in 2019 and put in three implants to hold a complete set of bottoms . No more tooth aches etc . Time to time I might get a gum rub from something getting under one of them but I can deal with that.
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Sure, just pull 'em. :lol: :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

works for me :lol: