Just when we thought spring was almost here!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Just when we thought spring was almost here!

Post by marlinman93 »

About noon yesterday it turned colder, and then the snows began. Kept coming down heavy all afternoon and towards evening a little lighter. Woke up to snow close to a foot deep, and drifted twice that deep in places. Sun is out, but it's mid 20's so it's not going anywhere!
We get these late winter snowfalls on occasion, but we were beginning to think it wasn't going to happen this year. Think we'll sit it out, and wait for the possible warmup on Saturday!

Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Twodot
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Just when we thought spring was almost here!

Post by Twodot »

nice looking old 'Burban!
(am I repeating myself?) :)
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Purdy huh, i love winter nice and quiet we got another 4 inches today and going to get pretty cold tonight -17 their saying. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Vall, Mount Hood must have gotten a fresh slug if you had that much at your house. I see California is in for it again -- but they need it so desperately.
Alan Wood
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Alan Wood »

We got a brief snow flurry in this suburb of Sacramento yesterday. It only lasted long enough to get noticed . So far in California this storms precipitation has mostly fallen in the mountains which is where it's needed.
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

Alan Wood wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:23 pm We got a brief snow flurry in this suburb of Sacramento yesterday. It only lasted long enough to get noticed . So far in California this storms precipitation has mostly fallen in the mountains which is where it's needed.
Ditto in the Mojave!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

So we get enough rain and snow to effectively end the drought. What do the "experts" say. Well, if the snow melts too fast we won't be able to cature it all. What they aren't telly you is the reason. Like tearing down dams and refusing to build dams even though the population has increased and with it water demand. Smart folks we got there :roll: :roll: :roll:
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Woodsloafer2
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Woodsloafer2 »

Plenty snowy here in Maine and more tonight......
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:08 pm Vall, Mount Hood must have gotten a fresh slug if you had that much at your house. I see California is in for it again -- but they need it so desperately.
Not sure how much Mt Hood got Bill, as this had a strange narrow path. It came out of the SW and headed through Portland, and hit the Columbia River Gorge pretty hard too. My daughter 13 miles south in Oregon Oregon City got no snow, and other daughter 20 miles north in Ridgefield, Wa. only got maybe 2"-3" of snow.
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

Pitchy wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:46 pm Purdy huh, i love winter nice and quiet we got another 4 inches today and going to get pretty cold tonight -17 their saying. :)
hey pitchy, i live in md and my coworker will be in your neck of the woods for a wedding next week . any advice for him, he hates the cold.
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

93 degrees here yesterday.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

rossim92 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:52 pm
Pitchy wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:46 pm Purdy huh, i love winter nice and quiet we got another 4 inches today and going to get pretty cold tonight -17 their saying. :)
hey pitchy, i live in md and my coworker will be in your neck of the woods for a wedding next week . any advice for him, he hates the cold.
Lots of warm cloths or put the trip off until next week when it`s supposed to warm up some. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

marlinman93 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:32 pm
Bill in Oregon wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:08 pm Vall, Mount Hood must have gotten a fresh slug if you had that much at your house. I see California is in for it again -- but they need it so desperately.
Not sure how much Mt Hood got Bill, as this had a strange narrow path. It came out of the SW and headed through Portland, and hit the Columbia River Gorge pretty hard too. My daughter 13 miles south in Oregon Oregon City got no snow, and other daughter 20 miles north in Ridgefield, Wa. only got maybe 2"-3" of snow.
We're at a little over 500' in Washington county. We had a solid 8". We thought it wasn't going to be that bad since nothing was sticking......... until about 7pm Wednesday night.

Just a little info for those of you in normal snow zones. Snow like this doesn't happen on a regular basis in the Metro area, so snow plows and road salt and not in large fleets.
Last edited by jdad on Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

jdad wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:48 am
We're at a little over 500' in Washington county. We had a solid 8". Nothing was sticking until about 7pm Wednesday night.
We're only about 200 ft. and even with the sunny weather since this event we've had almost no snow melt since it fell. Temps staying well below freezing have kept things snow packed, except for our two cars that I dug out after the storm. But we can't leave the driveway as it's downhill, and streets are ugly. Afraid if we left we might not get back in the driveway, even with my wife's AWD Subaru.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

marlinman93 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:53 am
jdad wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:48 am
We're at a little over 500' in Washington county. We had a solid 8". Nothing was sticking until about 7pm Wednesday night.
We're only about 200 ft. and even with the sunny weather since this event we've had almost no snow melt since it fell. Temps staying well below freezing have kept things snow packed, except for our two cars that I dug out after the storm. But we can't leave the driveway as it's downhill, and streets are ugly. Afraid if we left we might not get back in the driveway, even with my wife's AWD Subaru.
We're on Bull Mountain. All the roads are steep.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

We haven't yet had any winter weather to speak of. I wouldn't mind a nice 6 inch snowfall.
NRA Life Member