Women need to learn how to fight well...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Women need to learn how to fight well...

Post by AJMD429 »

https://news.sky.com/video/watch-moment ... v2-yxaaxng

Lucky this woman came out as well as she did. She's young and limber, and should have been able to deliver some decisive blows early on. Not that I'm any good at fighting, but it seems like she stayed in 'defensive' mode as in hoping he wasn't going to hurt her, as opposed to 'offensive mode' as in ripping out some vital organs for the offense of daring to assault her.
He was a clear and potentially LETHAL danger to her, since he was attempting sexual assault, and the punishment for that is so severe that it is fair to assume he'd consider killing her afterwards to leave no witness.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
JimT
Shootist

Re: Women need to learn how to fight well...

Post by JimT »

She has the heart, she just needs some training.
To start with I suggest the book "WHEN VIOLENCE IS THE ANSWER" by Tim Larkin.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/When-Violenc ... 550ca05dd1
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

A 10# weight plate to the head wouldve handled that non-sense
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

I watched the video. To me, it looked like the results of believing and watching too many TV cop shows.

Thankfully, I do not watch TV. Instead I sit the recliner, turn of the hearing aids, and read. The Squeeze is the TV person and she watches many of the cop/bad guys shows. Several months, there was one show were a female LEO took down a guy who was well over 6’ foot tall and probably had 100+ pounds on her. She and her male LEO partners chased the guy on foot, but after 2 blocks she was able to outrun her partners, start fighting with the guy, and bring him down. After she cuffed the guy, her out of breath male partners showed up. Despite him hitting her several times to the face, she had no marks on her, no smudged make up, no breathing hard. In my estimation, it was another estimation that women can do it all and far too many people believe it. Since then I have seen similar scenes on TV shows. Just like with the current TV ads, it is all an attempt to change the culture.

I wonder an application of the thumb to guy's eye would have done to altercation?
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Given equal fighting ability a small woman doesn’t stand much chance against a larger, stronger male. At the time my wife discovered this a fellow tried to grab my eldest from his stroller. She prevailed only because the guy didn’t know how to fight. Neither did she, but she went mama bear on him and help was close by.

The lessons she learned were simple. Learn how to fight and carry a firearm. She still trains some. Though at 68 not to the same degree. But she always carries a concealed weapon, if allowed.

Sadly too many women don’t learn these lessons before the are seriously injured. Some, even if they survive still refuse to learn. My wife call the latter “professional victims”.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

When I taught my sister to fight 60 years ago, it was with the philospohy of, "If you find yourself in a fair fight, you have screwed up."

Six decades later, there's a pretty good list of guys who wish she'd just castrated them... :D
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck and your mindset will get you killed. Last fight I was in was a long time ago, but I still would be willing to try everything to hurt anyone who attacks me.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost