When a friend sets up an 'intervention' for you...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

When a friend sets up an 'intervention' for you...

Post by AJMD429 »

...a really AWESOME intervention...

https://youtu.be/QM4sY-zqgmc

Man if I had tons of money and time....🥰
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Re: When a friend sets up an 'intervention' for you...

Post by 1894cfan »

:shock: :o :roll:
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Doc, the 408 Chey Tac and it's "balanced bullet technology" was "da bomb" when it came out, but has long been superseded by other cartridges, most notably perhaps the 416 Barret. If your going to take out a loan to buy a rifle, I would look at the 416 B. The 375 Chey Tac also came out years ago, and the 375 Gibbs after that.

https://skyaboveus.com/hunting-shooting ... 16-Barrett

I will have to calculate the external ballistics again, but I think my 375 H&H Ackley Improved seated extra long in single shot, with the 390 grain Hornady A-Tip bullet, stays supersonic to a ridiculous degree. And the CZ 550 weighs far less, even with the 8 ounce merc tube. Butt if your going to go for broke, the 416 B is where its at.

Regards my friend.

-Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Yeah the 375 Ruger is pretty amazing and it's sort of an Ackley-ized 375 H&H.

Having helped set up 'interventions' though - I liked the intro and the play on words... :D

I could never shoot well enough to appreciate a rifle like a 408 or 416; it would as silly as me owning a Stradivarius.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

It was a cute play on words and its a very nice rifle to be sure, with some design advantages perhaps over the Barrett. I have had my eye on the Big Horn Armory 500 Auto Max which is one of the best values on the market for some time now. Just can't do it for now, or for the foreseeable future as I have other projects I would rather finish first.

So I get you! -Andy
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

CowboyTutt wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:14 pm It was a cute play on words and its a very nice rifle to be sure, with some design advantages perhaps over the Barrett. I have had my eye on the Big Horn Armory 500 Auto Max which is one of the best values on the market for some time now. Just can't do it for now, or for the foreseeable future as I have other projects I would rather finish first.

So I get you! -Andy
I love my BHA 89 in 500 Smith & Wesson but I haven't looked at their AutoMax much. I have to ask if it does anything the 50 Beowulf doesn't do...???

CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Well, consider the source for this article, but....

https://www.bighornarmory.com/wp-conten ... -FINAL.pdf

Your a "Good Man Charlie Brown" :D and thanks for what you do in your field as always! Your friend,

-Tutt or Andy or Andriy or whatever....

-A-

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Well....now ANOTHER gun I really need... :lol:

Does sound fun though. 50 Beowulf is a thumper, but sounds like the BHA 500 is even thumpier....

CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Doc, its the same level of "thumpiness" as your 500 S&W lever gun. It's a rimless 500 Smith. Same pressure too I think. Just much more affordable than BH's leverguns. -Tutt