218 Mash-B with cast bullets?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JeffG
Levergunner 1.0

218 Mash-B with cast bullets?

Post by JeffG »

Hello All, I'm trying to sort out feed and accuracy reloads with my franken-Winch 1892 x 218 Mashburn Bee

I was hoping to find some 35-40g flat nose jacketed bullets for this Mash-B, and all I've come up with is the 46g FN Speers. I even tried snubbing the nose off some V-max but they were still too long to get neck tension and feed reliably. I was wondering if anyone has tried 22 caliber gas-checked cast bullets at rifle speeds?

Thanks for sharing your helpful experiences!
There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle

-Albert Einstein
harry
Senior Levergunner

Re: 218 Mash-B with cast bullets?

Post by harry »

Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

Hey, Harry, have you ever dealt with the law firm of Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe? Three Stooges. :P
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Though I don't have a Mashburn but I do have a Bee and I have had great results from my #1 Bee with the Hornady 40 gr VMax. I know you are having COL issues and my 2 cents aren't helpful :lol:.
I tried a few brands of bullets, the Sierra 40s didn't shoot all that great but they are a tad shorter. Might look for them to try.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!