Any Guitar Players Here ? ? ?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Any Guitar Players Here ? ? ?

Post by Old No7 »

See below... I can't say it works all that well, but it's pretty close in my experience...

Whether the guitar player scored a 6, an 8 or a 10 -- he unplugged his guitar, put it in the case and left with a solid-state amp in his left hand, the chick in his right hand (with her carrying the guitar) just 5 minutes after the gig ended. Then an hour later, after the drummer and I finally finished packing all his drums & cymbals & assorted stands, plus all my keyboards & heavy tube amps & assorted cables into the rental van -- All the chicks of any size or shape were long gone...

Guitar players.... Can't live with 'em, can't jam without 'em... :wink:

Old No7

( Click image to enlarge )
Guitars.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Re: Any Guitar Players Here ? ? ?

Post by 765x53 »

jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

No musical talent at all. But I had a very, very fast car. It attracted very, very fast girls.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
samsi
Levergunner 2.0

Post by samsi »

I was always a tube amp guy, solid state always sounded cold to me. Used a hand truck to haul mine, though I did finally switch to an amp modeler through the board when I played out during the last stretch 10 years ago. The wife-person made sure that no 6, 7, or whatever followed me home. :D
veeman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by veeman »

Yep, and still taking the same gal home for 29 years.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

bassists and drummers just get the picker's rejected groupies I'm told. The fact that keyboardists are lonely is just karma for composing music in guitar unfriendly keys.
IMG_20230203_115512250~2.jpg
Talk about lonely, when you play on only three strings and you walk the heifer to her door, you don't get a goodnight kiss or even a hug. A weak handshake or fist bump and "don't call me....I'll call you !" before the door slams in your face.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
m.A.g.a. !
samsi
Levergunner 2.0

Post by samsi »

veeman wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:17 pm Yep, and still taking the same gal home for 29 years.
Nice collection! I'm a Strat guy but I do have a soft spot for V's.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

veeman wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:17 pm Yep, and still taking the same gal home for 29 years.
Wow -- Very nice!

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH