KIMBER MICRO 9

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

KIMBER MICRO 9

Post by RIHMFIRE »

DOES
micro9 2.jpg
ANYONE HAVE ONE OF THESE, AND WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT KIMBER PRODUCTS.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Re: KIMBER MICRO 9

Post by Tycer »

Following
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

A friend of mine had a pair of the early Kimber 1911s. Not impressed. Constantly back to the factory for feeding issues and were never reliable.

I have read and heard that the new ones are far more reliable. May give one a "shot" as the local shop has had some decent sales lately.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

I have one and really like it. It has the laser grip on it which I'm glad for because like most short barrel pistols, the front sight is so close to the rear sight that it leaves little light on either side. I like sufficient light to keep the front sight centered.
With a weight of less than a pound unloaded, it is surprisingly controlable. Mine came with a six and seven round mag. The six makes it a two finger grip. The seven, with my small to average hand makes a three finger grip that is comfortable. I ordered more 7s and a couple 8 Rd grips. The 8s will take some work to get reliable so I stuck with the 7s which, so far have proven 100% reliable.

There have been comments on the structural reliability; more wondering about rather confirmed that it isnt. I can understand as when you pull back the slide and get a look at the thickness of the chamber walls, even I cringe a little. That makes more than a few folks nervous but I thought I'd give it a chance. I've shot 115 and 124 ball with zero issues. My carry load is Super Vel +P 90 gr hp which have been very reliable with zero failures to feed. I've shot close to a hundred of those and probably 4-500 115 and 124 ball.

I haven't bench tested the accuracy but with the laser, it's more accurate than such a tiny pistol has a right to be. It's no target pistol but with my carry load and the laser it is more than up to the job I require of it.

As far as long term reliability...only time will tell.
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

Not to detract from the OP's question, the Kimber revolvers look well made ; currently pricing the K6s 3" model.
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

I carried a Kimber 1911 for years on duty and SWAT. Shot thousands of rounds and never had a problem other than replace the spring two or three times. Mine was very accurate and reliable . I shot the micro 9 but it moved around in my hand too much. I just couldn't get a good hold on it.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

I'm a revolver guy but some time ago I got a "deal" on a Kimber 1911 (one of the smaller models). What a sweety! Made me look like a better shot than I am.

But I took a daughter out shooting and she liked it so much she exercised a "daughter's right to claim" and it left my possession. Another daughter did the same thing to my Ruger gp100 (all time favorite revolver). So far I have replaced the gp -- keeping an eye out for another Kimber.

If Kimber makes it I'll happily give it a try. But it's gotta' fit my hand and I am doubting the "micro" will fit.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I do not, but I do have a SIG P-938, and it is essentially a miniature 1911 so maybe it's something you would be interested in. It is the only gun that compact that I have found I can shoot very accurately. Probably because it came with factory Pachmayr grips.
I really like exposed hammer semiauto handguns better than striker fired ones so it was one of only a few choices if I wanted something significantly smaller than my P-12/45 12-shot 'Officer Model' clone. It has been 100% reliable that probably 500 rounds so far of mixed mostly hollow point ammunition.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Shot it yesterday and this one definitely was finicky about the type of ammo used.
Did not like rem umc fmj 124 or browning fmj 115
but it like federal american eagle fmj 124s
very tight little gun. Shot a little low and to the left.
So far I am kind of satisfied. but will wait till its a little more broken in
I find the ammo it likes.
Snappy little feller

But the 629 classic, 686, 4506, and hunter single six 22m were way more fun and accurate!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

AJMD429 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:02 am .
I do not, but I do have a SIG P-938, and it is essentially a miniature 1911 so maybe it's something you would be interested in. It is the only gun that compact that I have found I can shoot very accurately. Probably because it came with factory Pachmayr grips.
I really like exposed hammer semiauto handguns better than striker fired ones so it was one of only a few choices if I wanted something significantly smaller than my P-12/45 12-shot 'Officer Model' clone. It has been 100% reliable that probably 500 rounds so far of mixed mostly hollow point ammunition.
I looked at those as well. really nice too!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

Currently my Sig P938 is my EDC, nice mini 1911.
ndcowboy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ndcowboy »

I don't have a Kimber Micro 9 but I do have a Kimber Custom Pro CDP II that I really really like. I bought it from Scheels and I'm pretty sure they had it mis-priced and didn't think it was a good idea to point that out. It came with the Crimson Laser Grips and the price I paid for the gun was barely more than what those grips cost.
It shoots everything I've put in it, including hollow points and lead round nose home cast bullets. It weighs about 10 ounces less than my Ruger 1911 and cycles much easier.
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

I have a Micro 9 and it shoots great. Never had a problem. I also have a Kimber 1911 in 10mm that shoots great. Never had a hang up till I bought a new magazine for it. Then had two on the 7th round each time. After that never happened again. I am hoping that the magazine just needed to be ran a few times.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

My only experience with that Kimber 9 was watching a gal in my concealed carry class struggle to get hers to feed reliably. I never had any trouble with the full-size 1911 in .45 ACP.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Rube Burrows wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:03 am I have a Micro 9 and it shoots great. Never had a problem. I also have a Kimber 1911 in 10mm that shoots great. Never had a hang up till I bought a new magazine for it. Then had two on the 7th round each time. After that never happened again. I am hoping that the magazine just needed to be ran a few times.
What ammo are you using ?
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:14 am My only experience with that Kimber 9 was watching a gal in my concealed carry class struggle to get hers to feed reliably. I never had any trouble with the full-size 1911 in .45 ACP.
I was told to use premium ammo or a little bit hot, and have a tight grip so the action will cycle.
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

I do not have a Micro 9 but after a number of Kimbers, I am sold on them. One of the few (early) factory/custom 1911s to reliably run right out of the box. Presently a Kimber Custom and a Custom Compact CDP (my EDC) is home here. I ran the micro trial via a Sig 238 then 938 to no further interest in the micro route so the Micro 9 never got its chance. I'm speaking of shootability here with no question of the quality Of Kimber or Sig for that matter. Full size 1911s in 45 and 9mm are my main comfort zone though I have managed to sneak a Springfield Hellcat into the safe.
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

RIHMFIRE wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:55 pm
Rube Burrows wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:03 am I have a Micro 9 and it shoots great. Never had a problem. I also have a Kimber 1911 in 10mm that shoots great. Never had a hang up till I bought a new magazine for it. Then had two on the 7th round each time. After that never happened again. I am hoping that the magazine just needed to be ran a few times.
What ammo are you using ?
Whatever I can find. Usually Winchester White Box or Blazer Brass. I don't use any steel cases.