Make your Vaccinated Neighbor Buy a Gun...

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Make your Vaccinated Neighbor Buy a Gun...

Post by AJMD429 »

I asked an anti-gun, pro vaccine person this question a few months ago...

What if I decided that I was afraid of criminal so I wanted to get a gun...? I asked her if she would be okay with that. She said grudgingly that yes she would be okay with that, because it was my right even though tlshe disagreed with it I felt it might endanger me.

I then asked her "What if I was afraid that just me having a gun to protect myself might still not make the world safer so I want to force you to get a gun, too...?". Of course at this she bristled, and said I didn't have the right to do that. I responded that I did indeed have the right to do that because I thought she was also putting my life at risk by not being willing to get a gun.

Of course she responded that and her opinion having a gun does not protect you and may even put you more at risk, plus if I thought guns were all that useful for protection then I should feel comfortable enough simply because I had gotten a gun for myself. I said "...yes but what if my gun for some reason doesn't work 100% of the time; it would be better if you had a gun and that made there be less criminals around...?"

She told me that logic was flawed, so I told her of a study done by Smith & Wesson that indicated people were safer if they bought guns, and that guns worked not only to protect the person in possession of the gun, but all of their friends and neighbors. Interestingly, the data showing that guns were so super effective for protection also showed that they were ineffective unless every single household had guns. The study also claimed that there were never any firearms accidents involving their guns. She said that didn't sound like a legitimate study but more of a sales pitch or marketing propaganda from a gun manufacturer. She also wanted to see the study - but I said that Smith & Wesson and the National Rifle Association had gotten the consumer product safety commission and National Institute of Justice to seal the results of the study for 75 years. For some reason my friend thought that seemed suspicious.... :lol:

Now to be honest, the last paragraph is made-up. At that point I think she realized where the discussion was headed and backed off as far as what she had been asserting, namely that she should be able to force other people to get vaccinated so that she felt safer. Instead of her asking me to show data on the protective effect of firearms for their owners as well as neighbors, for which there is legitimate data, and studies that were not funded by the firearms industry nor censored by the government, I asked her if she knew of any data that would show that anyone other than the vaccine recipient was truly protected, and she actually admitted that she thought there had been some studies done but for some reason she didn't know the details. I explained that the details had been leaked out I whistleblowers after the attempt at a 75-year freeze, and that the details showed that to the contrary, the vaccination was not protective to the community at large, in terms of incidence of illness, deaths, or even severity of illness. Also that they were numerous studies coming out that appeared to show the vaccine was not even protective to those who received it.

All of that is incomplete contrast to the data with firearms, which is why I posed that question to her as an analogy, because like the "my body my choice" people (which thankfully she is not one of), often when you want to make a point, it is good to throw something back at them that you know their opinion on that will help them to see the flaws in their logic on the vaccine issue.

This conversation took place a little bit after Thanksgiving, and interestingly I talked to her husband a few days ago and he said he was shocked, but that his wife had decided not to get the current covid booster shot, and was not going to give any more covid vaccinations to their kids.

Whether my analogy soaked in, or perhaps she has just seen one too many young person clutch their chest and collapse on television, I don't know, but maybe some people are starting to become a little bit more rational rather than emotional about all this.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Walt
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Make your Vaccinated Neighbor Buy a Gun...

Post by Walt »

Doc, you're very good at posing hypothetical questions to get people's boneheaded perceptions turned around. Excellent! Congratulations!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Make your Vaccinated Neighbor Buy a Gun...

Post by AJMD429 »

I like Dr. Marik's comment that "maybe all these young athletes are dying due to CLIMATE CHANGE..."

FLCCC on post-vaccine risk reduction: https://odysee.com/@FrontlineCovid19Cri ... en-death:9

If THAT were the 'narrative' it would be talked about far and wide, on all the 'mainstream' news media, and NPR would be doing documentaries and 'investigative journalism' on it... :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "