Now this would have made a good laxative...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Now this would have made a good laxative...

Post by AJMD429 »

https://youtube.com/shorts/3JpFknXo5tQ?feature=share

I guess I never heard about it, but then I don't live in Hawaii.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Now this would have made a good laxative...

Post by gamekeeper »

I wonder how many relationships broke up over that? People being with the wrong people in the wrong place in a panic.... :?
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
308magtip
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 308magtip »

Puy out by the underware makers!!!
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

It's been reported that Russia has shelters for MILLIONS of its citizens! The US? SQUAT! 'Cause that's all yer gonna have time for before the missiles hit! :twisted:
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Grew up in the 50's. Regularly had "drop" drills in school. Of course as kids we actually believed that a school desk would stop the effects of a nuclear detonation. Around the corner from me is a former Red Cross Fallout shelter, it's now a private medical urgent care facility. There were several more in places like the WPA built post office, National Guard Armory etc. Not near enough space for even 10% of the 1950's population. Air Raid sirens were tested regularly. All of this was a dog and pony show.

Why? Within three miles of my home were the largest Naval Base on the west coast, a major Army base (including a NIke site) and an Air Force early warning radar facility. It's also the largest port complex on the west coast. In other words about a nano second after the war started we would all be vaporized.

I still live very close to my childhood home. The Naval Base is gone. The Army base has now been taken over by the Air Force for housing families of folks stationed not only at that radar site, but the Space Force Base in El Segundo. Of course the port is still here and bigger than before. There are no shelters. The sirens haven't been tested in decades (yes, there are still a few around).

Why? About a nano second after the war starts we will all be vaporized.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad