Sad news about Barrett Firearms

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Sad news about Barrett Firearms

Post by AJMD429 »

I remember when Ronnie Barrett's company stood firm and wouldn't sell or service firearms to governments within the US that denied their citizens their Second Amendment rights.

https://barrett.net/2023/01/16/nioa-acq ... -firearms/

Now the company is owned by an outfit that specifically contracts with Australia and New Zealand.

I can't respect any company that would do business with New Zealand at all. :evil:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Re: Sad news about Barrett Firearms

Post by wvfarrier »

Considering how strict the Aussie laws are I wouldnot be surprised if sales to civilians slowly fade away
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Sad that an American company, owned by a great American sells his company to a foreign country! And its not even a neighboring country...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Yeah, I don't know if they would now, but the Ruger of a decade or so ago probably would have bought the company.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

It is a crying shame, because his guns are simply stunningly effective weapons. :evil:
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I don't see the big deal... an entrepreneurial company, in the best traditions of free-enterprise, sells his company to another company trying to break into the American market, in the best of free enterprise traditions. I don't see any ulterior motive of trying to undermine the 2nd Amendment. If they continue marketing Barrett products here in the US in the manner Barrett did... so be it!

Either you're a "free-enterprise" person, or you're not. While I have no interest in acquiring a Barrett firearm, if they disappear from the market place, I think we're all less... Just like I felt about Winchester or Marlin... I don't see it any different than FN acquiring Browning, then buying the license to built firearms using the Winchester name from Olin Corp, and having their subdivision (Miroku) in Japan built them.

Flame away.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

You are correct that its a free market to do as they wish. However, we the people have the right to be upset when an American comoany is bought out by a foreign company. My larger concern is that Barrett will become a Defense Contractor Sales Only company. The Aussies's have obscenely strict gun laws and their leaders VERY anti-firearm ownership. I would be willing to be $50 that within 5 years "Barrett" no longer makes civilian sales.
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
Carlsen Highway
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Carlsen Highway »

I've still got all my guns. Just bought another one two weeks ago actually, just walked into a shop and gave the guy some money and drive home with a Husqvarna fullstocked model 1640 in .243. I was at the range the same afternoon shooting it. Then I spent all last week trying to shoot a deer with it. (5:0 to the deer) I can have as many pistols as I want too.

Don't get Australia or New Zealand mixed up with the laws they have in the UK. Not the same at all.
A person who carries a cat home by the tail, will receive information that will always be useful to them.
Mark Twain
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

Is it true that you have a new president/prime minister down in New Zealand? I think that may have happened recently if I heard correctly. If so, hope it's a better one than that crackpot lady. Wow, she's a piece of work. With a face like that, she'll keep employed haunting houses around Halloween. LOL