One Special Ruger

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

One Special Ruger

Post by JimT »

Back in the early days of The Shootists the group was talking about having a special Shootists gun built. We wanted one that would be unique, that would be a one-of-a-kind. Terry Murbach spent some time talking with Tom Ruger about the project but as time progressed, Tom Ruger became ill and eventually passed away. After a more than appropriate time had passed, Terry met with Bill Ruger and explained the project he had been working on with Tom and proposed going ahead with it, making it a memorial gun to Tom. Mr. Ruger felt it was a good idea and gave the "go-ahead."

The gun would be a Bisley Single Six .22 in stainless steel. Only 53 of these were built making them not only special but pretty rare. I had Paul Persinger make a set of ivory grips for mine with the name of our ranch on one side and a longhorn steer skull on the other. My name was engraved on the backstrap. Not all had names engraved on them but all had the same barrel markings done by T&T Engraving in Colorado Springs.

I know of several that have never been fired. I believe one or two have never been cocked. Most of us who got them use them.
IMG_2408.JPG
IMG_2409.JPG
IMG_4564.JPG
IMG_4562.JPG
IMG_4560.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: One Special Ruger

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Nice, Jim. Glad you are using yours. Otherwise, what is the point? We shore 'nuff can't them with us.
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

WOW Jim that is really special!!

Brad
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Wow! Bet someone from the RCA would like to get their hands on that....as a Shootist, did Matt Olivier see that?
Model A Uzi’s
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Simply stunning! :D 8) :mrgreen:
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Extremely nice Jim, and glad Terry succeeded in having them made for you guys. I'm trying to find a Ruger Single 9 in 22 Mag, but they are all gone and "allocated" right now.

If someone knows of one on the shelf somewhere, I would be obliged. -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Nice! If that pistol could talk, it would say that it is glad to do what it was made for.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Sixgun wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:17 pm Wow! Bet someone from the RCA would like to get their hands on that....as a Shootist, did Matt Olivier see that?
I know he has seen them. It was quite a few years before he came to the Holiday. We've had a few other guns built since then and I know he has one or more of them.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

JimT wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:53 pm
I know he has seen them. It was quite a few years before he came to the Holiday. We've had a few other guns built since then and I know he has one or more of them.
Thanks Jim.....Matt and I were gunshow and shooting buddies when he lived this way...lost touch after he moved. Great guy who has one of the finest Ruger collections in the country.--006
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

piller wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:40 pm Nice! If that pistol could talk, it would say that it is glad to do what it was made for.
+1 it's far too special not to be used.... 8)
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

It does get used now and then ..... :D

Shooting In My Shop On The Indoor .22 Range
20 feet ... offhand ... 5 shots on each target
IMG_4577.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Very nice! Good shootin!