Does anyone know what happened to Jim Stroh of Alpha Precision?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Does anyone know what happened to Jim Stroh of Alpha Precision?

Post by CowboyTutt »

I know he retired about 2014 or 2015 I think. He gun smithed my Taurus Raging Bull in 454 Casull twice! (long story, first one failed, was sent back to factory, they replaced it, paid for him to slick it up too, "different animal" according to Jim!). The final revolver is exceptionally nice and so, so slick.

I often think about him.

I was just wondering if anyone had heard about him in his retirement years, I would like to find him and tell him thanks all these years later for such a fine revolver!!

Thanks in advance if you have any information on the man and legend.

-Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Does anyone know what happened to Jim Stroh of Alpha Precision?

Post by GunnyMack »

I think he was teaching summer classes at Trinidad gunsmith school back in the 90s... and I think that's when I had met him, though I didn't take his class.
However I could be wrong, 30 years ago already!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Does anyone know what happened to Jim Stroh of Alpha Precision?

Post by CowboyTutt »

Thank you Gunny! I had a really positive experience with the man, appreciate your input. -A-
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel