OT - Practical jokes

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

OT - Practical jokes

Post by Ysabel Kid »

OI’s post (http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... f=1&t=8694) got me thinking about some of the practical jokes I had played on others in my younger years. Ahhh… the fond memories! :D I didn’t want to hijack his thread, thus this one.

One of my best ones started when I was a teenager working at a KFC in Carmel (IN). I started hoping in the back of co-workers cars, waiting for them to get off work, then scaring the living daylights out of them when they got in their cars to go home at night. I’d pop up from the back seat. Childish, but funny.

One friend of mine was very diligent about locking his car, and he liked to park up near the front windows of the store. I tried to get him several times to no avail. Finally struck on a different approach one night. There was a building under construction behind the store, with a lot of bricks lying around. I took the jack out of my car, and jacked up his VW Rabbit just enough to slide 3 bricks under the axle beside each rear tire. The tires ended up being about a ½ inch above the pavement.

He comes out at the end of his shift, sees me and several others in the parking lot, and starts laughing that once again I couldn’t get him. He hops in his car, everyone sees the reverse lights come on, and the tires just spin! He couldn’t figure out what was happening, and put the car in reverse and drive ½ a dozen times before hoping out of his car. By that point we were all on the ground rolling around laughing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So, what was the best practical joke you’ve ever played – or had played on you? :wink:
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Re: OT - Practical jokes

Post by Doc Hudson »

Mr. Paterson was the first black teacher in my school. He was hired when I was in the 6th Grade. We all liked him, he was a very pleasant easy going guy who did his job without any problems. He drove a VW Beetle.

He generally parked next to the school's trash/utility truck and one of the bus drivers. One afternoon, a bunch of us picked up his car and turned it sideways. There was no way he could get out, and by the time he discovered it, the buses had already left and he was stuck. At first he was mad, then he saw a bunch of us peeking around the corner, laughting our butts off, and he started laughing to. In a minute or two, he waved to us and yelled, "Come on you darned hooligans! You turned it once, you can turn it again."

We turned it around and he drove off laughing. We teased him and he teased us about the incident the rest of the year, but no disciplinary action was taken.

Then there was the time 20 or so years ago when my oldest friend, Dewey Bass and I were out shooting at a clay pit. Dewey was shooting my M-686 and I'd loaded it to get his goat a bit. I'd loaded two light .38 loads, then a magnum round with a big dose of Win 296, another .38 followed by two magnums.

Dewey touched of the first .38 and said something like, "Man! This thing doesn't have much recoil." Then another .38. When the magnum round went off, the revolver flipped way high, I was giggling like a kid and Dewey turned and said "A--hole." He did the same thing when the next magnum round came up. If he'd gotten mad enough to do me violence, I was laughing to hard to resist. Luckily, he got to laughing as well.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

Years ago a co-worker got a new Volkswagen. Really bragged about the fuel he was going to save. For a month after he bought it, another co-worker put a quart of gas in the tank every day. The owner bragged and bragged about this car for weeks. His mileage was awesome. After a month or so, the other guy started to syphon a quart or so a day out of the tank. The owner got real quiet and disturbed because his mileage had plummeted and the car ran exactly the same. The bragging stopped. They told him after a while. Just before he put it up for sale.
Gobbler
Click Click Boom
41 Redhawk
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 41 Redhawk »

I was working on an electrical problem on a motorcycle and wasn't making much progress. I took a break and when I came back smoke was pouring out from under the gas tank. My co-worker had put a smoke bomb up in there!
The Lord Bless You

Terry
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

Long, long, time ago(statute of limitations expired, I hope), my best friend and I had been out runnin' around, chasing girls and general teenager kind of stuff. It was late so stopped at his house to drop him off. He had just gotten out of the car when the preacher drove by. We looked at each other, he hopped back in the car and the chase was on.

He pulled out the light I had in the floor of the back seat that I had used for coyotes. Had a RED lens on it. Shot after the preacher, who was going about 5mph over the speed limit, put the light out on the side of the car and flashed it on and off. Saw him look in the rearview mirror just as he was about to turn into his housing addition.

He went about a block and pulled over and rolled his window down to talk to the "officer". Pulled up beside him and said "going a little fast , wern't we!". He stuttered a moment, his wife's mouth hung open and we said "have a nice night" and drove off. :lol:

Needless to say, his sermon the next day was interesting, people were wondering why he was on the subject he was, and keptglancing at us the whole time ,the preacher kept looking at us in the distant corner when he was emphasizing certain things!!

He even made a mention of it at my best friends funeral a couple of months ago. He hadn't forgotten it either. Probably hadn't forgotten other things we did to him, but this was the best one.
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
Texican
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Texican »

In a small town junior college [not to be named]...

Some fellow band members and I picked up our drum major's Triumph and carried it sideways six feet onto the sidewalk. We left it there long enough for the campus officer to put a ticket on it and then carried it back to its original parking space. :lol:

But my personal best had to be:

I had a standing (somewhat friendly) rivalry with the the guy in the dorm room next to me; our nickname for him was 'Ajax'. Let me set it up: The dorms were industrial brick buildings with high ceilings, exposed steel beams, high non-opening windows and had 8 foot tall solid-core reinforced doors. They were arranged in quads with all doors leading to the outside. Ajax had a habit of leaving his TV on went he went to work. :x The problem was he worked second shift, usually 4pm to midnight. One night, right before midterm exams he didn't come home, so after listening to the TV through the one-brick-thick wall we heard the local TV station end its broadcast day with the national anthem, followed by a test tone (at full volume), followed by even louder static. We had to call (wake up) the campus security guard to come down and unlock his room to turn it off. This offense required satisfaction.

About a week later, storms blew through and knocked down a maple tree about a half block away. The tree broke right at the base of the trunk. It was about 25 feet tall and 20 feet wide. We approached the home owner with a proposition: as dutiful, civic minded college men we offered to remove the tree debris for free. He took the offer, no questions asked. This was a Thursday. Ajax went off to work and we dragged the tree to the quads. Then my roommate, being slighter in build than I graciously consented to being shoved into the return air vent to crawl through the HVAC to the other room (a 15 foot crawl) where he kicked open the vent, dropped down and opened the door. It took about six guys to shove the entire tree, trunk first into the room.

It filled the room completely; wall to wall, front to back, floor to ceiling - so much that we had trouble closing the door! :D We celebrated our handy work with a libation and retired. About 2 am, we had a knock on our door. I answered it with an as sleepy and uninterested, questioning look as I could muster asking, "What do you want?" It was Ajax, drunk from boozing it up after work and all he said was, "Can I sleep here? Someone put a tree in my room." Feigning ignorance we answered, "Whatever. C'mon in." and he slept on our floor till the morning. The next morning we, kicked him out when we went off to class and being Friday found reason to go home for the weekend. So did a lot of other guys. We heard after the fact that it took him until Sunday to cut all of the tree out. Somewhere there exists a posed photo of the participants, Dalton gang style except we're standing in front of a door with a tree sticking out of it. I wish I knew who has it.
Texican

Gentlemanly Rogue, Projectilist of Distinction, and Son of Old Republic

RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

In college, a few friends of mine got into my dorm room
and attached fishing line to the door knob..and wrapped the line
on or to anything on the wall...desk etc. etc.....
When I came back from soccer practice and opened the door...
everything on my side of the room came tumbling down to the
floor...they glued my shoes, chairs, anything else that was on
the floor, to the floor. :lol: :lol:
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I am not the practical joking kind of person. However....

When I first went in service we worked at racks full of radio equipment all day long. It was great fun to break in the new guy by getting behind the rack (unnoticed) and blowing cigar smoke through it so that it appeared to be on fire. It was best to do this while he was copying message traffic and couldn't get up to do anything else. Some guys stuck to their work through quite a lot of smoke!
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

There is a long standing prank that my Dad started many years ago.
This prank is great for getting the greanhorns at deer camp, or even camping. What you do is light up your Coleman lantern and mention to the greenhorn if the lantern starts dimming to adjust the brightness with the small nut on top of the lantern.
Check to see who has blisters on their thumb and 1st finger in the morning :lol:
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

I've always wanted to connect someone's car horn to their turn signals... :twisted:

Hope they don't get behind a gang of bikers! :shock:
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

Check this one out, my wife would kill me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFRir6GicIw
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

You can go into Word's auto-correct and, for example, set it so everytime someone types an E, you can replace that E with anything you wish..... :twisted:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

BlaineG wrote:You can go into Word's auto-correct and, for example, set it so everytime someone types an E, you can replace that E with anything you wish..... :twisted:
Oooo, that's GOOD! There are people in my office who would have FITS! How do I do it?

Don't forget that you can use Control+Alt and the arrow keys to flip someone's screen on some computers. (kudos to the member who posted that previously)
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

cnjarvis wrote:
BlaineG wrote:You can go into Word's auto-correct and, for example, set it so everytime someone types an E, you can replace that E with anything you wish..... :twisted:
Oooo, that's GOOD! There are people in my office who would have FITS! How do I do it?

Don't forget that you can use Control+Alt and the arrow keys to flip someone's screen on some computers. (kudos to the member who posted that previously)

Word------Tools-------Auto Correct Options :mrgreen:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

My wife pulled the best one I can remember.. it didn't start out as a practical joke, though it sure turned out to be a dandy...The other teachers at her school are having a Christmas party at a private residence that she'd understood to be a white elephant type thing.. so I says to her whyn't gift wrap a box of Trojans and put on the pile.. we had a good chuckle about it & she goes ahead with the idea.. after the gift is in the pile she finds out that it's not a white elephant type party.. Yikes she's freaked.. she cant go back up to the gift pile take the gift back out..So she figures if she catches a break & no one chooses the "gift" she'll pick it for herself.. luckily the it's is so small & light it gets passed by several times..So at her turn she retrieves & opens it...The whole room erupts into laughter...she plays the embarrassed lady to the hilt..then swings around and points at the well known school practical joker for the sabotage...Of course as usual the he goes into denial, which no one believes...His wife got P O'd at him for a while..but finally did believe him & together with him they kept saying he didn't do it..No matter how hard they tried no one believed him... Turns out that party was one of the funnest & best remembered parties... Course to this day they still don't know who the real joker was & most those folks wouldn't think my little wife would play a joke like that if they found out...
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
45Jack
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 45Jack »

I once put an electronic coyote call in bed with my wife and went back out to the living room and hit the "remote".
That was funny as heck for almost two nanoseconds... :lol: :shock:
geobru
Levergunner 3.0

Post by geobru »

When I was staying in a Forest Service bunkhouse back in the 70's, some of the guys on the fire crew didn't go to work until 10:00 AM, so they would stay up and party. One night they closed down the taverns at 2:00AM and came back to the bunkhouse and turned on a stereo, and partied some more. This woke me up, and ticked me off.

The next morning before I headed over to the station at 7:30, all of the party goers were in various stages of being passed out and hung over from the previous nights festivities. The album they were playing the night before, was by Pink Floyd, and the first song started with the sound of an alarm clock going off, followed by some really loud music/noise. As I walked out the door, I turned the volume up as high as it would go, put the arm on the record and walked across a field to the main office about 200 yards away.

Several things happened as a result.
1. I got to listen to Pink Floyd all the way to the office. (I especially enjoyed the sound of the alarm clock :evil: )
2. Nobody asked me about who turned on the record that morning. :o
3. I was never awakened in the middle of the night again while I was in the bunkhouse. 8)
draperjojo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by draperjojo »

I'm (was) one of the worst offenders. When a co-worker had me fired 20+ years ago (jokingly) and the termination papers said,"replaced by owners dog", and reason for termination,"failure to bring doughnuts per Rod". The whole office staff chuckled while I read the paper. 2 months later I cut the ignition wire of "Rods" truck and installed a time delay in such a way that it could be removed without having to retrieve a single tool. He started his truck to leave and was chatting with another co-worker and his truck turned off, he started the truck again and started to back out of his space and it stopped again. He started it again and 20 seconds later it turned off. I let him hop down the road and followed him. After the 5th or 6th restart I pulled up along side him and asked if he was out of gas. He lifted the hood and there was a dried up doughnut sitting on top of a time delay. He was pretty impressed!!

Then there was the kid working for us at the time. He left his tool box in the shop and I told him to hurry and run inside and grab it because we had a job to get to. He ran inside, grabbed the handle and almost pulled his back out. I had pulled out the tray, and unloaded the tools and shot a couple 22 caliber anchors through it into the concrete and then replaced the tools., and when he got married and wouldn't tell anyone where he was going I still got him. At 2AM on his honeymoon his truck horn went off, he knew who to blame on that one too..........oh, I could go on and on about the practical jokes I've pulled on people.
Otto
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Otto »

cnjarvis wrote:I've always wanted to connect someone's car horn to their turn signals...
That would accomplish little around here, since the use of turn signals is illegal in the State of Ohio.

My first ship was homeported at Little Creek, Virginia, and there was a McDonald's right outside of gate 1, maybe half a mile from the piers. We had a rack of RT-524 radios which, when properly tuned, would bleed over onto the drive-thru headset.
"Hello, I'll have a number 2 super-sized with a Coke."
"Um, where are you?"
"What?"
"I can't see you."
"Can I have a number 2..."
"Are you at the speaker?"
"How the heck do you think I'm talking to you?!"
"Could you pull around, please."

On the same ship, our ET1 liked to listen to really crappy music on the shop boombox. We had all kinds of electronic test eqpt, so we attached a walkie-talkie antenna to the output jack of a signal generator, and basically gave him dead air. Or sometimes a really shrill tone. The funny thing was that he knew we were screwing with him, but couldn't figure out how.
"...In this present crisis, government isn't the solution to the problem; government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

"...all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." Declaration of Independence
Senior Levergunner

Re: OT - Practical jokes; not as good as most of the prvious

Post by 2571 »

Worked for a really good guy who was a sergeant on our midnight shift. He had to chew me and my partner out about some goofy stunt we had pulled and ticked of the shift commander. He had a hard time not laughing at what we had done while he dressed us down. He promised to assign us to foot beats for a month if we ever pulled a another practical joke.

We pretended to be sorry and promised not to do whatever it was, again.

An hour later, we broke into his scout car when he was at a doughnut shop (really) and I put 10K of those little pieces of paper from a paper hole punch in his car heater vents. Turned the blower up to the max. When he started the car, it snowed little dots all over the interior of the patrol car.

He knew we were the culprits but never said anything

This trick doesn't work any more; auto electric switches are computerized and they can't be adjusted while the ignition is off.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

One of the more childish pranks we used to pull in school (grade, middle and high) was to place a thumb tack on someone's seat. I sat in a history class with two of my buddies in high school. One of the three was always running late for class, and would come tearing in right at the bell most of the time. He was a ripe target for this prank, as he didn't check his seat since he was in such a hurry.

Wanting to make the most of this, since I knew I'd only have one shot, I decided to put three thumb tacks into play. I explained it to the other friend. The first went on the seat, the second taped to the edge of the desk and the third taped to the back rest of the chair. I figured he would hit the tack on the seat, lunge up and hit the tack on the desk, then slam back and nail the tack on the back of the chair.

My friend bet me he wouldn't hit all three. He lost!

It worked like clockwork. By the time he hit the third tack he didn't know where to go. We darn near fell out of our seats laughing.

The teacher was not amused. I don't recall the punishment in full, but it did include detention and an essay. It was worth it.

Shame of it now is that I'd probably be arrested for assault these days... :roll:
Basswrangler
Levergunner

Post by Basswrangler »

Simple, but funny. I was working at a local grocery store and I was closinig one night. I had to use the water hose for something when I got this idear.... If I can pinch the hose on the rack in such a way that it points at you when you're turnig it on.... hmmmmm.... So I did it and walked away. About 20 min later, I was walking out of the back room when I heard my buddy Chris holler "What the hail!!??" I turned around and he was standing there confused and soaked! It was so perfect because I happened to be there when it got him!

Thems was good times they was. :lol: