The extraordinary 410

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mike Armstrong
Levergunner 2.0

Re: The extraordinary 410

Post by Mike Armstrong »

I recently looked at a Henry .410 lever action. Looked nice, worked nice (just like any decent lever action!), but had the ergonomics of a steel fence post. Guess I'll stick to my Win 37, Savage 220, Wingmaster, and T-C G2 .410s. (At least the T-C has an "underlever"....).
geobru
Levergunner 3.0

Post by geobru »

There is something about a 410!
I first scratched that itch with a Stoeger sxs, That was soon followed by a Winchester Model 42 pump. Both of them come up to my should like the Model 12s do.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yesterday Claro flushed a bird a bit far, about 45 yards. Since I was the closest to the flush the CZ came up to my cheek and I put the muzzle about 3 feet in front of the bird and broke the trigger- HIT! Then the back trigger and HIT again. The second shot was about 60 yards, putting the bird down. It ran maybe 5 yards and died. Not bad for 11/16 oz of 7 narfs from i/c & mod chokes.
I've said it before, there is nothing you can't do with the small bores.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hey 6point , I finally got around to trying chalk in the shot bottle, mixed results. This old shot does flow better but it still chokes on the mixed stuff. I think ill polish the inside of the tube and maybe try talc or graphite.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!