Any one here carry a Glock 29 for their EDC?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Any one here carry a Glock 29 for their EDC?

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Thinking about it. Night sights and a Pearce magazine base ...
JimT
Shootist

Re: Any one here carry a Glock 29 for their EDC?

Post by JimT »

Not me.
I am thinking about going Old Old School.
IMG_4393.JPG
Colt 1862 Police .36 cap & ball.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Not a 29 but I carry a G26 occasionally. I shoot it almost as well as my Glock 19. I would think a 10mm would be the cat's behind for a carry pistol. Always been a big fan of the 10mm, but until recently mine have been target style pistols. I picked up an S&W M&P last summer that I relly like. It's too big for me to carry for an EDC, but makes a great camp/ cabin / trail gun.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I'd consider a Model 29 - - - in the Smith & Wesson version . . . :twisted:

Seriously - I do sometimes depend on a Glock but a Model 17. I really like the 'ghost ring' tritium sight I have on the rear (with matching white tritium on front). Faster to acquire for me than 'open' sights, and more accurate for 'old eyes' due to the aperture/ghost-ring effect. Shot targets at night with it and a headlamp for light, and it worked well.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Not a 29 but a I carry a 30 regularly. Size wise the 30 is .30" taller but a bit lighter. Capacity is pretty much the same.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Jim, that's classic! Hey, I just took delivery of a box of 50 Kaido conicals for the .36's and look forward to trying them in the Navy. They are coming in a little more than 145 grains lubed with SPG. Found them on Etsy of all places.
Doc, I'd like to know more about those sights you describe. Will have to do some Googling.
Jeep, I had a 30 some years back when I worked at the candy store (Sportsman's Warehouse) and it was surprisingly easy to shoot even with stiff loads. I have read that the 29 enjoys the same qualities.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

My first gen G23 is the best of both worlds, 13 rounds, compact & comfortable in a pancake (or shoulder rig) and it starts with a .4 ! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Gunny, a Gen 1 Model 23 was my first Glock and I have a lingering fondness for it.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I've had an older G30S for quite awhile. It lives by my nightstand. 230 FMJs are noticeably quieter than other high-pressure rounds. I love my hearing. Love the shooter. My EDC is still a very pocketable LCP.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

I have an acquaintance who has a Glock 23 in .40 S&W. He converted it to shoot 9mm by ordering a new barrel and a new magazine for it. I shot it and it seems to do fine. I thought I could do the reverse with my Glock 19 and ordered an aftermarket .40 S&W barrel but didn't think it through. The hole for the barrel in the end of the slide was too small for the larger .40 cal barrel so the only obvious solution was to buy a Glock 23. But now I have an extra barrel. Oh well. But the aftermarket barrel has standard rifling so I can shoot cast bullets through it without the, "You'll blow the gun up shooting lead through an original polygonal barrel!". Yeah, right; there may be some caveats to doing that but I've spoken with a number of shooters who regularly shoot cast bullets through their original Glocks with no problems.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Yet again billy.... er, pardon.....mister powell. You've cost me $$$$. First it was your hand me downs over in the classifieds. Now this post got me to searching the 'net and this is what I found.....

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore ... /ID/282123

Big and ugly ? Certainly ! But then again, so am I and there are (i hope) a few peoples who love me.
m.A.g.a. !
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Ha ha, Ray -- you just put fresh points in my enabler account here at Leverguns ... :lol: