A Couple Of My Favorite Holsters

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

A Couple Of My Favorite Holsters

Post by JimT »

1.jpg
This is one of a pair of holsters made for me by a medically retired Policeman. He was wounded on duty when responding to domestic disturbance call. He was unaware that the husband where he was going had just murdered his wife. When he pulled up and got out of the car he was shot in the head with a 12 ga. loaded with buckshot. Most missed him but enough got him to wipe out half his eyesight and a lot of his memory. After much hospitalization he began making holsters and gun belts as a way to keep busy and to fight depression. I was honored to be his friend.

2.jpg
This holster belonged to a long time personal friend who had a life-long career in Law Enforcement. I was visiting with him one day and he just up and gave it to me.
IMG_4240.JPG
It is an original Roy's Pancake Holster
IMG_4241.JPG
And was given to me by Paco Kelly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: A Couple Of My Favorite Holsters

Post by gamekeeper »

Sorry to hear about your holster making friend, I knew a police sargent who was stabbed in the eye attending a domestic, I like the design of that holster though he certainly has talent.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Every beat cop I know says the same thing: there is nothing more dangerous than a domestic call. :(

Beautiful holsters Jim. Thanks for sharing!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Jim, it's clear why you value those two holsters. I've never see one quite like the one Paco gave you. Boy that protects and smooths out the silhouette of a 1911.
Twodot
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Twodot »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:43 pm Jim, it's clear why you value those two holsters. I've never see one quite like the one Paco gave you. Boy that protects and smooths out the silhouette of a 1911.
by Roy Baker, the pancake maker.