Gun Safety - and a 'school shooting'...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Gun Safety - and a 'school shooting'...

Post by AJMD429 »

I love the what the headline leaves out:

"High School Student Injured in Accidental Shooting at South Vermillion High School"

https://wibc.com/142273/high-school-stu ... gh-school/

It unfortunately can happen, even if due diligence is done, but it sure doesn't set a very good example... :|

Generationally, it reminds me how 'back in my day' high-school kids took guns to school fairly often, but we were 'mature' enough not to shoot each other with them, and left them in our vehicles for hunting or target shooting after school mostly (I on occasion kept mine in my locker, since I usually rode the school bus). Now, it seems, even the 'authorities' cannot be trusted around firearms.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Re: Gun Safety - and a 'school shooting'...

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Negligent, not accidental...
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

60+ years ago I would take my .22 rifle to school every Friday, because after school I would ride the bus home with my friends who lived on a farm in the county and spend all day Saturday hunting squirrels. I'd drop the rifle off at the Principal's office, pick it up after school, and spend a few minutes chatting with him about how the squirrel season was going before hopping on the bus.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Pisgah wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:31 am 60+ years ago I would take my .22 rifle to school every Friday, because after school I would ride the bus home with my friends who lived on a farm in the county and spend all day Saturday hunting squirrels. I'd drop the rifle off at the Principal's office, pick it up after school, and spend a few minutes chatting with him about how the squirrel season was going before hopping on the bus.
Yep. In about 1973 or so I had the vice principal try to talk me OUT of leaving my lever action rifle (that I had picked up from being repaired at the local gun shop) with him for the afternoon. I finally explained that I had shop class in the afternoon so I didn't want to have it with me in class with THAT wild bunch, and my locker was one of those half height ones that wouldn't accommodate a lever action rifle. I think he was insulted when I asked him to give me a screwdriver so I can remove the lever and bolt and keep them in my pocket; but I politely explained that I didn't feel comfortable leaving a functioning firearm with anybody I didn't know personally well enough to be sure they would be safe with it. He got me a screwdriver and I took out the bolt and lever and ejector (it was a Marlin 1889) and slipped them in my pocket until I picked the gun up after school.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

And let's not forget how many schools had rifle teams. Image that one in today''s upside down world.