Old Henry Rant

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bob Hatfield
Levergunner 2.0

Old Henry Rant

Post by Bob Hatfield »

Watched "Old Henry".............It was going pretty well until he went and got a 94 angle eject rifle to shoot the bad guys. Lord there should have been at least a 73 lying about that set. The movie timeline could have been in the 1890's since he was Old Henry so a 94 would probably have been okay if it had been a saddle ring carbine or octogen barrel rifle...........Ruined the rest of the movie for me.
Rant over
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: Old Henry Rant

Post by Griff »

I try not to let movie prop failures ruin the movie for me. At least it was a lever action... double action revolvers in civil war movies, do me in tho'! :twisted:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
JBowen
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JBowen »

I thought it was pretty good as far as newer westerns go. It was pretty convenient to have that pen full of hogs to get rid of the dead bodies. :o
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Griff wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:10 pm I try not to let movie prop failures ruin the movie for me. At least it was a lever action... double action revolvers in civil war movies, do me in tho'! :twisted:
adams, cooper, kerr, savage, starr, tranter.....
m.A.g.a. !
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Bob Hatfield wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:44 pm Watched "Old Henry".............It was going pretty well until he went and got a 94 angle eject rifle to shoot the bad guys. Lord there should have been at least a 73 lying about that set. The movie timeline could have been in the 1890's since he was Old Henry so a 94 would probably have been okay if it had been a saddle ring carbine or octogen barrel rifle...........Ruined the rest of the movie for me.
Rant over
Whew! So it wasn't just me......?
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
lthardman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by lthardman »

I hate those inconsistencies too. It happens all too often. For what its worth, I rarely see guns that are "out of time" in Tom Selleck westerns.
"Now it cuts like a knife, but it feels so right." - Bryan Adams
Walker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Walker »

Yeah, up to that point it was ok... attention to historic detail is frequently not a priority in Hollyweird.
Joe Reilly
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Joe Reilly »

You won’t like “Legend of Five Mile Cave” either. Pretty cheesy western. Side Gate Henry.
NRA Benefactor Member

My mind is like a steel trap,
rusty and illegal in 37 states.
44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 44shooter »

In Unforgiven which is set right after the assassination of James Garfield in 1881, a deputy says that all the local 30-30 ammo is bought out. 30 wcf was released about 16 years later. The line was totally unnecessary to the story at that. Lots of period correct guns in this otherwise excellent movie however. Maybe an 1892 here and there, but a Spencer, Starr, Schofield, and a 10 ga double play prominently roles.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Was watching "wagon train" the other day.....one of the later season's episodes after ward bond's death. robert fuller in character opines that he prefers a 30-30 to a .44. The last real wagon train predated the 30-30 by about a dozen years. Those confounded iron horses on rails took over the westward transportation business.
m.A.g.a. !
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

All of the industry is base on "PRETEND" ...
they can pretend to be wise
they can pretend to be intelligent
they can pretend to travel to other worlds or in time
they can pretend to get beaten, shot, stabbed and have no ill effects from it the next day
they can pretend that modern tools were present in the past
etc.
etc.
etc.

and if someone can't pretend along with them they do not give a shiite.