Waaay back in 1984

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Waaay back in 1984

Post by 2ndovc »

I already had my favorites!

Going through thousands of slides that my mom had, and my dad gave me recently.
It's been quite the treasure hunt. Pictures from Central America to Alaska.
This was a Christmas trip to St. Petersburg, FL. The locals were all upset that it was in the 40s that morning. It was probably 3 degrees at home. :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
AmBraCol
Webservant

Re: Waaay back in 1984

Post by AmBraCol »

Going through old pictures is a real treat. We need to dig out some of our albums one of these days and take a look. I've got well over 100,000 in digital format alone, and occasionally browse through them and am reminded of days gone by and even of good times that had been forgotten, but are revived through the magic of photography.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Nothing like good memories! :D :D :D
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Looks like perhaps the parents of that lad had to buy four to five gallons of cow's milk a week !

About 45 minutes southeast of Thibodaux Louisiana
Lived a man called Doc Milsap and his pretty wife Hannah
Well, they raised up a son that could eat up his weight in groceries
Named him after a man of the cloth
Called him Amos Moses, yeah
Last edited by Ray on Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Ray wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:35 pm Looks like perhaps the parents of that lad had to buy four to five gallons of cow's milk a week !
:D
I hit 6' by the time I was 14. It's that Viking heritage, I think. I just want to know who stole my hair! :lol:

jb 8)

Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

2ndovc wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:39 pm
Ray wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:35 pm Looks like perhaps the parents of that lad had to buy four to five gallons of cow's milk a week !
I hit 6' by the time I was 14. It's that Viking heritage, I think. I just want to know who stole my hair! :lol:

jb 8)
I'm no clairvoyant but with that doo I can easily imagine, on the bedroom wall, the ubiquitous photo posters of farah fawcett, daisy duke, and or princess leia !
m.A.g.a. !
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Ray wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:44 pm
2ndovc wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:39 pm

jb 8)
I'm no clairvoyant but with that doo I can easily imagine, on the bedroom wall, the ubiquitous photo posters of farah fawcett, daisy duke, and or princess leia !
That got a snort! I had that Farah poster in the red bathing suit that just about everyone else that I knew had.

I've been spending a lot of time going through these old slides. There's some great stuff in there. Just went through a couple boxes that my grandfather took on one of their WY antelope hunts. I'll put a few up tomorrow. :D

jb 8)