Rotary (centrifugal) Ballistics

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Rotary (centrifugal) Ballistics

Post by AJMD429 »

This is pretty amazing. I don’t know what the feet per second escape velocity is for earth but I wouldn’t have thought this to be possible.

https://youtu.be/M_50TM3OeEw
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Rotary (centrifugal) Ballistics

Post by CowboyTutt »

Looks like it may have it uses for smaller payloads. We will still need chemical rockets for the heavy cargos. -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Escape velocity is approximately 25,000 mph.
Or 36,666,667 feet per second.
So that's where all these dizzy politicians go for joy rides so they can come up with more crazy ideas!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

Stable low earth orbit requires a minimum speed of 17.000 mph; the exact speed is altitude-dependent. The great potential of this technology is not that it will eliminate rockets altogether, but that they should be able to boost loads to almost-orbit altitude and then bump them the rest of the way with a small rocket. Much cheaper and more efficient for a lot of loads.