OT - What is America coming to?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

OT - What is America coming to?

Post by Ysabel Kid »

A sad day indeed...

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080714/anheuser ... inbev.html

A few years back I took the family to Orlando for a mini-vacation. I was attending a trade show, so took them with me (after all, the hotel was paid for! :wink:). Took a couple extra days to go to Sea World and the Disney parks (the latter of which I can't stand, but when you have young kids, you pinch your nose and do it). Sea World is next to the AB themepark, and they sponsor part of that park as well.

We arrived early - before the park opened, and were standing in line at the ticket counter when the raised the flag and played the national anthem. I stopped, took off my hat, and sang - as did the rest of my family. Most of the people just milled around looking irritated that they had to wait an extra 30 seconds before the park opened.

A minute later a young woman came up to me and gave me a free pass to the park. She explained that she had received them through a promotion to the military, and had one extra. She wanted me to have it because she was moved by my family's patriotism. She had also heard our favorable comments about the park giving discounts to active military members. I tried to pay her for it but she was having none of it. I thanked her for her service to our country, and we parted. We saw one another's families throughout the day, waving and smiling as we did.

Hopefully, even with the new ownership, AB will keep it's dedication to the American military men and women...
Mich Hunter
Levergunner 3.0

Re: OT - What is America coming to?

Post by Mich Hunter »

It is a sad day. It seems more and more foreign countries are buying up ours.
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

How about a "drink American" campaign? :?:
There are many American owned and operated beer makers that produce good products. In Texas, Shiner is a popular "home brew" from Shiner, Texas, Buffalo Butt :shock: is brewed in Ft Worth, Coors from Colorado, and the list goes on and on.

Maybe this is a good excuse for some Bud drinkers to shop around to see what else is on the market. Sounds like fun to me. :D
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I read about this in the news over here, couldn't believe it :shock: It's bad enough that the Bud we buy over here is brewed in Europe (just don't taste the same) but now it ain't even American owned :cry: :evil:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
coyote nose
Levergunner 2.0

Post by coyote nose »

I am with you Ysabel, but watch out. Whenever I bring up all the foreign cars around me (at gubshows, etc) I get called a xenophobe. I mean, I can understand all the kias and hondas and toyotas at a coffee shop or an art gallery, but at a gunshow??? Maybe the foreign beer will open our eyes.
"...for there is a cloud on my horizon...and its name is progress." E. Abbey, 1958
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

At least the "new" AB re-instituted their free admission for active military and dependents. One day per year per theme park any member of the military can get in free with their family. I hope that tradition lasts.
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
Levergunner 2.0

Post by .45 »

It is a very sad day. I have a buddy that works there and said he would be out of a job if this happened. No more AB for me.
Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens... and the unforeseeable that which your life becomes.