SHOT show from las vegas

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
donw
Levergunner 3.0

SHOT show from las vegas

Post by donw »

i watched the SHOT show from las vegas yesterday on the outdoor channel.

i did not see one thing involving a lever rifle...unless i missed it somehow.

there was a lot of "black rifles", shotguns, bolts and handguns, though.

seems like there was more on LEO advances in the "black rifles" and related optic/aiming technology than necessary..."this is intended for LEO/military only" when displaying the latest in night vision aiming devices, etc...if we, as the public, were allowed to own/use these things, it would be much more interesting.

i'm not against LEO/military having the technology, i'd like to have it, too, if i could afford it. :( :roll:
if you think you're influencial, try telling someone else's dog what to do---will rogers
southernutah
Levergunner

Re: SHOT show from las vegas

Post by southernutah »

Right now anyone can own all the accessories except fully auto. Every thing is just pricey but if you look aroound there the discount places are getting into it. This might be the time when Joe citizen can buy and stock up on a rifle simular to our armed forces. I talked to a few at the shot show and the after market accessories are there you just have to decide how much money you want to spend. The problem that i see is getting ammo to go with the new toys. Out here is the west it is getting harder to find a place to go shot. Even in the small town I am in they are closing down all the spots I usto go shot. I don't blame some of it as there is so much shot up juck that is left behind.
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

Mossberg came out with a new lever gun, XS Sights her a new foreend rail system for Marlin leverguns, Winchester said they would be stupid to NOT bring back the model 94. There were some other neat things levergun related that I can't think of now. They were there, just not as "cool" as the black guns. :roll:
Arminius
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Arminius »

jengel wrote:... were some other neat things levergun related that I can't think of now. They were there, just not as "cool" as the black guns. :roll:
Correct.

LA´s are WAY COOLER than those EBR´s.

;-)

Hermann

P.S.: but I also don´t want to ever loose my RRA 16" Middy!!!
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

There were plenty of leverguns introduced, like new Puma Scouts, Mossbergs, and more than I want to type about again.

Boge Quinn covered everything, in a spate of Gunblast articles, back then - with pics, etc:

http://www.gunblast.com/SHOT_Show_2008.htm