Winchester 88

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Woodsloafer2
Levergunner 2.0

Winchester 88

Post by Woodsloafer2 »

I have a custom stocked Winchester 88 that is very accurate that i like very much. It does however change its point of impact occasionally throughout the year. Any tips on what to do? Screw tension? Free float etc? The barrel only contacts the forearm around the forend screw and tip. I have taken the red dot I had on it and attached a scope to see if it might not be the gun.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Winchester 88

Post by GunnyMack »

Sounds like the stock is the culprit. As the seasons change wood will move by absorbing moisture. I would float it, especially at the forend tip.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
308magtip
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Winchester 88

Post by 308magtip »

I put a set of all steel redfield peepsights on mine and point of impact only changes depending on me the shooter.I remember the Savage 99,s would climb in elevation if they were shot to fast but would return to cold setting ..