Christmas in Virginia

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Christmas in Virginia

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Thus far I have been told that I am asinign (I really don't think I know what that means) and a bigot because I won't agree that a man who wants to be a woman is a woman because they say they are.

I don't think I'm called to reject objective reality, no matter who says it.

My father-in-law says that when people reject the Creator, it lets them wander almost anywhere. Good thing there's still a man here I can have a glass of brown water with.

On the positive side, I had a great tour of the Marine base at Quantico......not many folks there who look like they are confused about their "gender identity."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Christmas in Virginia

Post by 2ndovc »

Merry Christmas Scott, looks like you will be in good company. I'll bet you're right, I'm sure those men and women know who they are and what they want to be.

Jason
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Tho I was never at Quantico for Christmas I have been there a few times to shoot matches. Been a long time, fond memories. Anyhow the Female Marines are more of a man that these pansy a&$ man bun coffee shop spandex wearing sissies in this country! God Bless the United States Marines!!
Have another brown water- on me!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

Just because someone is delusional, doesn't mean you should have to play along in the delusion!
You're living in reality and they're not, doesn't make you a bigot!
What if I said I'm a 15-year-old Asian girl, instead of a 200 lbs. 6-foot 2-inch man in my mid 50's.
If anyone disagreed, I guess that would make them a bigot! {liberal logic}
Suddenly I have a craving for egg rolls! I hope that's hunger and not racist!
Johnny :shock:
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

GunnyMack wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:57 pm Female Marines are more of a man that these pansy a&$ man bun coffee shop spandex wearing sissies in this country! God Bless the United States Marines!!
Have another brown water- on me!
You got that Brother! My problem isn't with those people who are confused about their identity. Although I think they are struggling with something I don't understand. My problem is with those who want me to accept that this is reality.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

It's Mother Nature doing its work...proven by some scientist in the fifties that when any group of animals exceed their number homosexuality and other weird sexual thinking takes over.....I believe those have a hard time reproducing....that's why the cities are full of it but it's rare in the rural areas.

I have nothing against these people as most of them can't help the way they are...in fact, some of the nicest people I've seen are gay. I know it's not for you and me but Mother Nature does these things.

I just don't think they deserve the attention and special perks they get.

There's waaaaayyyyy too many people in a world that cannot support its present population....do you know the real reason why DDT was outlawed? It was allowing too many people in Africa to live, not what they told us.

Be prepared....it's coming and there's nothing anyone can do to stop it.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

GunnyMack wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:57 pm Tho I was never at Quantico for Christmas I have been there a few times to shoot matches. Been a long time, fond memories.
I got an invite today from the civilian guy that helps with ammunition acquisition for skeet/trap to join him and shoot bunker trap at Quantico . He’s and American citizen originally from Peru . In his mid to late 70’s and a heck of a pigeon shooter . I met him two years ago in WVA at a tower shoot and became friends quick . He was at the shop today for our Christmas luncheon . I suppose if it comes to fruition I’ll shoot bunker with one of my SxS pigeon guns as I sold my Browning Broadway last week snd have no more O/U’s except for an older Rizzini 410 .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

No the problem isn't with the people, its the rest of us having it pounded into our skulls. Do what you like, as long as its not dangerous or illegal I don't care.!

Yes, let the cities fester...

I wasn't aware Quantico was still operating the bunker, last I heard it was shut down after an accidental shooting. Its a fun game, you're gonna need those tight chokes!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

This argument is almost identical to the one we had.

https://youtu.be/w0zv62EBfMU
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

GunnyMack wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:05 am I wasn't aware Quantico was still operating the bunker, last I heard it was shut down after an accidental shooting. Its a fun game, you're gonna need those tight chokes!
According to my friend it is , but I don’t think it’s as readily available as it once was .
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Monticello is a place I’d really recommend to anyone to see.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

You were about twenty miles from me at Monticello . If you’d stopped at James Madison’s Montpelier as well you’d of been within three miles of me .
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

6pt-sika wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:31 am You were about twenty miles from me at Monticello . If you’d stopped at James Madison’s Montpelier as well you’d of been within three miles of me .
I’m at Lake of the Woods in Locust Grove. We ought to meet for coffee before I go back to Texas.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:16 am
6pt-sika wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:31 am You were about twenty miles from me at Monticello . If you’d stopped at James Madison’s Montpelier as well you’d of been within three miles of me .
I’m at Lake of the Woods in Locust Grove. We ought to meet for coffee before I go back to Texas.
When are you heading south ?
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Monday morning
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Great pictures Scott!
Have a wonderful day!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

If you see Gunnery Sergeant Moreland around there, tell him "Hi!" for me. :D Don't think he's actually at work yet, just arrived and getting set up the last I had a chance to chat with him. Thanks for the reminder on Monticello - we'll be visiting the area next year, the Good Lord willing, and I'm making up a list of "gotta see" while in the area.

Asininity is believing that your mental illness should be shared and encouraged by folks who are still capable of rational thought.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:27 pm Monday morning
I was hoping you were gonna say Tuesday or Wednesday as Monday I’m free after 10 AM until . Sunday this weekend is kinda full .
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

6pt-sika wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:18 pm
I was hoping you were gonna say Tuesday or Wednesday as Monday I’m free after 10 AM until . Sunday this weekend is kinda full .
No worries. My plate is pretty full as well.
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

Let's see, am I still a guy? (Looks down pants) Yup, still a guy! That junk has been there since the day I was born! :mrgreen:
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

The coolest part of the mansion is the Dome Room at the top. About 25' across with round windows all the way around, and one big round glass in the center ceiling. Access is restricted to public, due to the straight up staircase/ladder arrangement. The room is painted yellow and offers a fantastic view. The Monticello Foundation, who operate the mansion, will occasionally let Jefferson family members in the top. My FIL was president of the M. Association for some years, and family reunions are held there annually.
Scott, Mr. Jefferson would no doubt have approved highly of your lovely Wife, while you, would be on some type of probationary status :D
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

octagon wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:11 pm Scott, Mr. Jefferson would no doubt have approved highly of your lovely Wife, while you, would be on some type of probationary status :D
No doubt!

We were unfortunately restricted to the ground floor and the subsurface structure (which was quite impressive).
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Scott did you happen to see the "ice house?" It's in the subterranean area just off the back porch to the right. A giant hole he would fill with layers of straw and ice from the river to keep meat and such through the hot weather. His guests were surprisied to see ice cream, the new fad, served in the summer along with iced drinks. Mr Jefferson is a fascinating individual i have studied for 25 years, in pursuit of my historical interests.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

octagon wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:45 pm Scott did you happen to see the "ice house?" It's in the subterranean area just off the back porch to the right. A giant hole he would fill with layers of straw and ice from the river to keep meat and such through the hot weather. His guests were surprisied to see ice cream, the new fad, served in the summer along with iced drinks. Mr Jefferson is a fascinating individual i have studied for 25 years, in pursuit of my historical interests.
I could not see how deep the "ice house" was, but it seemed to go down forever.

https://www.monticello.org/site/researc ... /ice-house

Of course it didn't.

In addition to cold drinks and ice cream, his daughter's husband had the fire in the north wing, the residents covered the walkway with snow from the ice house to keep the house proper from burning. Handy.

I'm back in Texas now. It was a wonderful visit.