The casting shed

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: The casting shed

Post by Griff »

Old thinking is old acting. If you're leaving coating material behind in the bore, one of two things... you're not getting the coating cured properly, or your barrel is ROUGH! I'm picky about who I'll buy powder coated bullet from, or I do it myself when I feel the need to frustrate myself into doing something else! Just about the 2nd tray of 100 .30 GCFN for the .30-30 has my in need of bang something hard against something nearly as hard so I can see some progress! I've been shooting NOTHING but PC bullets out of my 1903A3 for nearly 2 years and have seen no degradation of accuracy. It's a four groove barrel and lapped smoother than a baby's butt. I ain't trying to set any speed records, in fact, the loads I'm running are right around 1500fps. Easy on the shoulder, quick recovery on recoil, and easy extraction and rechambering for follow-up shots.

I'll stay with my Alox lubed, 19Bhn GCFN .309 bullets for my target stuff in my custom 94 Winchester, as they've proven by blue ribbon after blue ribbon that the combination, but for plinking type practice and such... like the occasional iterant coyote, the PC bullets are finer 'n frog hair!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I agree with you Griff. As far as I am concerned PCing is just another option(an option I like a lot but just an option). I let the gun tell me what it likes and depending on what the bullet is being used for.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

On another thread Piller has stated that he is going to start casting soon. Another one joins the casting club! :D
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.