Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by Sixgun »

I won 107! I'll award myself Gunny's toy...that four wheel thing with the plow on it....
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

That's the club property Six, it's 1/45 mine, seems like I do a lot of the work though! Yes the invasive species we have here are Asian stilt grass, Russian olive, mile a minute vine and a couple others. One of which will thrive if it's burned. The NRCS wants us to burn our fields but first we have to kill that one off.
Some people get paid, bounty , for some weeds out west. Of course ya need a pickup load to make money.

While you and Jay are arranging those rounds I'll sit on the kubota and shout encouragement! :lol:

We are going over to the house where ol George slept, got a leak in in the roof, we told them 2 years ago the slate is shot, anyhow the house is surrounded by state game land so we are gonna do a Bambi drive before we leave.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Part of my last job was reporting land that had invasive weeds, Japanese knotweed was the most common in my area.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I don't understand people's need to bring plants, bugs, and animals where they don't belong. Oh yeah......science.

Hey Six,
Yeah, I'd like to get down there this spring maybe. OUR spring. :D
Kids are already talking about the next visit. Man, I will be burning through vacation time! Oh well..... :D
Heading home tomorrow. It's been a great trip and visit. Be good to get home, but I got to go to work as soon as I get back. That sucks.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yeah I see more snow for the dooryard!

Back in the 50/60s every time you bought a hunting license you received a packet of seed. Russian olive seed. The state thought it would benefit wildlife. How wrong they were!
One of the properties I have to hunt was literally a test project for invasive plants by Rutgers university. So many thorny plants there even deer hides are scarred.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. Sounds about right.
Those enlightened morons at the University of Maine did stuff like that too. You know, the smart people. :roll:
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Choice.......invasive plants or invasive parasites?

We get this weed around here that you don't see until the grass dies in the late fall......leaves round dark spots several feet in diameter and it's almost like a vine...very coarse..........in the winter these spots stick out visually so last year spring,
before right before the brass started to turn green, I sprayed these spots with weed killer......kills everything and eventually it turns green again with natural grass.............but it comes up in other places so its non ending........

My thought is to plow and disc, sterilize the soil but that don't make sense as it would be cost prohibitive. Ahhh....'bout 3-4 weeks, when the grass starts to turn green again I'll spray......

I keep forgetting Jay is still in AK....wow! 3 weeks? Click your heels bro, "there's no place like home".

Out to the woodpile....got some sawing to do..then stacking.....then a big tarp, but just on the top. :D ----006.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Have a safe journey home Jay, sure sucks having to start work straight away...
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thanks boys! Yeah, it'll be good to get back and settled back in.
Trust me John, it sucks no matter when I go back. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Woo-hoo 1st class all the way!

So last fall I had needed to make a 911 call for mom. It was the middle of the night when my wifi /cable was doing an update, the landline was not working through the cable. So I tried to call from my cell, oh yeah no service here! So I sent a semi snotty email to Verizon. Couple weeks ago I get a text from Verizon asking if I would like a free network extender. Sure. Shows up today so I set it up. Dunno if the signal is so poor, the thing dont work or what but I boxed it back up! I'm sick of technology!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I hear that Gunny. Sick of all the garbage that don't work and you can't fix.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey! What happened today? I have 7 PM's to deal with...... I don't know the specifics.....seems like SB#1 is whining about somethin'....you know what they say, "once a man, twice a baby". I was out in the woodpile all day with the splitter, sledgehammer, wedges and the mighty, VERY mighty Kubota. I tell ya, after swinging a sledgehammer and throwing around 200 pound + oak logs I feel like I can take on Mike Tyson...at least for a full round....I'd be running so fast around the ring he couldn't catch me then saved by the bell.

Just minding our own business ....people just can't stay away......they want attention whether it's good or bad.......

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Pm's? 7 of em? That is a lot! I get very few, guess I'm not liked enough to get 7 in one day :lol:

Sure we are minding our own business BUT let's make sure that others ARE welcome to join in! However if others want to interject by being nasty it won't be tolerated as per MODs / forum rules.

I just read an article, seems Knob Creek has stopped their machine gun shoot. I always wanted to go see that. There was nothing in the article about why tho...

Today, national don't cry over spilled milk day. Really? Does everyday in this country have to be a national something day? Why can't it be FRIDAY? Oh I know its NATIONAL MAINE HICK FLIES 1st CLASS day, National Pin Oak Day, International British dry wit day!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I agree Gunny, everyone is welcome to join in the spirit of Political Incorrectness.... :D That is if they still have a little rebelliousness left in them... :wink:
If it wasn't for Rebels you'd still be paying tea tax to the Crown, keep the " We the People" spirit alive and let the freedom destroyers wallow in their own misery and I say this without sinister malevolence that I be been accused of along with other such nonsense...
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well gentlemen...lets not let drama get in the way of a fine sunshine filled day.

GK....Never did care for tea..... :D

The Jayster is on his way home...funny thing, I thought he was home last week.....yes, home is where you recharge your batteries. Seems like I have a 2 amp trickle charge keeping me at 100%.

Wheres Old Savage?

Out to da woodpile....last day.....---00

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

No drama it's all entertainment ..... :lol: I gotta do something when there's no squirrels to "torment".... :wink:
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Sure wish you were here to 'torment' this red squirrel! I gotta take him out one of these days, always sounds the alert.
Nice warm sunny day to sit in a tree, the clock hits ZERO tomorrow at sunset for the season and the only deer I've had a chance to shoot I had covid & wasn't up to doing that kind of work.

So do we start calling Jay The 1st class Mainiac? Sure hope they have a good flight!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey boys! Made it to Anchorage.
Took off from Kodiak in some pea soup this morning.
Now I CANT WAIT to get home!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Jay, did you seek Colt in your luggage or leave him with his Mom and Dad... :?:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:54 pm Jay, did you seek Colt in your luggage or leave him with his Mom and Dad... :?:
Funny you mentioned that. I searched Kristys luggage and found him wrapped in a sweater. :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Yo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

So when I got to the club property the farmer neighbor was out so I stopped to talk with him. He handed me a spike antler that he had just found, fell off in the past couple days, still red blood on the pedicle. He asked me how many deer we shot this year, sadly only 1 that im aware of. Not happy about that I can tell you! So I told him where I was going to hunt this afternoon. Sure enough about 430 a parade of deer show up behind the stand im in, no intentions of coming to me. Next thing I know, here comes Don on his golf cart trying to push the deer to me. Nope didn't work. Just as well as I was laughing about the whole spectacle. Deer just stood there looking. Why didn't I shoot you ask, well because his house was down range of me. Not gonna do it.

Good thing you found him wrapped in the sweater, TSA would have blown a gasket finding a COLT in a carry-on! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

You guys had a lot of action today! Jay made it out of Kodiac in pea soup....what's that? Fog?

Just look at that smirk on Fred's face....he even has glasses on and those make him look like a college professor out to get the soft stuff.......WTF is that golf cart? You mean golf carts come ghettoized? Geeze...

Was a nice day Gunny.....maybe too warm for the deer to move.....sky has been clear and the weather warm so they have been eating good the last couple of days......kind of like what happens to us after a pig out.....nap time.

I moved a lot of wood today...gonna sleep good.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Note, this baby has headlights!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Fred...showed mom your picture in the ghettoized golf cart........she got a good laugh and said, "is that Fred or Jonathan Winters?" :D

Hey, you need some "spinners" on the hub caps and some fuzzy dice.....also curb feelers...gold plated of course.....--00

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

That is about #29 that somebody thinks I look like.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

It actually belongs to Leroy

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

The past few years I've taken to watching the Solunar tables. I've noticed that if the tables show a low percentage by gum the deer don't move, yesterday was 2%. Today is supposed to be much higher percentage, of course I have family stuff this afternoon. So the season is over for me. Yes I'll agree that this warm weather and the heavy winter coat the deer have is enough to keep them moving little to none.

Had a buddy that bought a hulk of a golf cart, needed tires, engine, seat cushions. So he spent a winter doing all kinds of work on it, including a B& S 16 hp twin. When he first fired it up and put it into Forward and gave it some gas he almost crashed through his shop door BCKWARDS! Seems the cart motors turn opposite the B & S, forward is reverse and vice versa. Once he got it all debugged that thing did an out 35!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Suspension and steering very iffy at that speed.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

This was at a local course at about 15 MPH driver is a well known drunkard.
PAY-Paul-Gascoigne-rolls-golf-buggy-on-Bournemouth-golf-course.jpg
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Common, you can find many videos of this sort of thing.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Let's face it, most golfers play with lots of adult beverages. That being said golf cart wrecks are very common.
Now take the serious sporting clays guys, they do lift kits, big tires, sound systems, lights, gun racks, heavier suspension but most don't shoot & drink.

Took my hand me down Savage 342 over to the club to check zero. Had to make an adjustment up on the ol 22 Hornet but then managed to touch 2 from a very poor rest at 75 yards. Starting Monday its coyote calling time!

So I shot a rooster , it flew through a hedge row so I sent Claro for it. Immediately she started scent tracking. By the time I got there the bird was back in the air, I had about 8" of room for my barrels in the thick stuff, I missed but the BROWN WONDER followed it and retrieved it. However I couldn't see her, where the bird went and it must have been quite the rodeo because she was out of sight for about 5 minutes.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well I made it home a while ago. Stuff all put away.
It's good to go and see everyone and visit.......
But it's good to be home, too!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

WELCOME HOME!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yes Jay.....and made it home before the nukes start flying......ALL wars start small...then escalate.......Putin seems determined.

Gunny's huntin' and Fred's golfing.....me and GK ain't doing nuttin'.......

Yea Gunny......I've seen those "sporting clays snobs" at our club...they pull up in 80K pickups and $30 K of trailer and whatever those things are that they travel in along with 15K shotguns and fancy shooting vests. I'm a peon showing up in a 20 year old Jeep and a 5K Winchester........I gotta get back into the game.....2 years of doing nothing.....F Covid is destroying life......

Something how sunshine changes the mood....3 days of sunshine and I feel better........that's why Fred is happy all the time.....

Snow tomorrow Gunny......

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Welcome back to the lower 48 Jay :D

Can't say I fit in with the British clay bird busters, always been what we call a "rough shooter" walked up game, hedgerow bunnies and decoyed Wood Pigeon are the working man's way to go. Driven game is for the Toffs and Range Rover brigade. Some of our snooty gun shops look down on customers who don't own a matched pair of best English sidekicks and a Bentley.
Seen it all working at Westley Richards and being a gamekeeper on a private estate but never been happier just walking the fields and woods with any old gun and a pocket full of shells... :)
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yeah but a matched pair of Purdys sure would be nice, you can be my loader :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well Six, that and more ;-)

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Dinner

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

What are you...a vegan?.... I can't get filled up on all that leafy stuff.......

I just ate a quart sized plastic container of Amish chicken pot pie.....ahhh, about a third remains.....

We find it so much easier getting Amish pre cooked food....When Ishmael sees mom coming he sees dollar signs......as mom is a preferred customer she drives to the parking lot, makes a phone call.....orders all kinds of soup, the kind you make meals out of........about a dozen individually wrapped 2 lb bags of ground sirloin along with sausage, milk, Irish butter, eggs.

Then she plays on her phone and waits and Ishmael brings it out and puts it in the Jeep.....then that's all we have to do it hit Costco for some non perishables and clothes detergent, etc........Good for a couple of weeks, maybe more.....

FRIEND OF MOMS FAMILY WHO IS 30 years old, excellent health, a baaaddddd azz, and also an EMT......he had to get the shot 6 months ago and the other day got a booster....came home, didn't feel good, went to hospital and died froma blood clot in the heart.

Yea Joe...try to make me take that "vaccine" or whatever it is.....

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

This is called red necking......remember last year when the motor on my table saw went bad? .....and a new one was $500+.....I ain't paying 500 for a dang motor that's should cost 3.....so today I got the old motor and split the casing so I can use the special mounting that's one it and slipped in a 50 year old Dayton motor in it and secured it with a couple of self tappers......

Added a 3" pulley to up the rpm's and the saw in BACK IN BUSINESS! don't have the power of the old 3 horse 240 volt but it works.....

Fox was watching TV with us.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I love to see ingenuity overcome problems, well done Jack for getting that old saw running again... 8) Redneck solutions may not always be pretty BUT they ARE solutions.

You have to admire the folks that took a covered waggon two thousand + mi!es across America with no technical backup other than what they had between their ears..

Foxes are curious critters, always admired the way they can take advantage of a situation but disappear as soon as danger threatens. I guess they don't call 'em sly for nothing..

OS will live forever on his healthy diet, me I love my Bacon and Eggs too much... :?

Rain all day here.. :(
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yes it's snowing here. Nice powdery stuff. Should I plow then go take Parker to play with her feathered friends or wait until I get home? Maybe 1 1/2" so far. Snow for a few more hours...

Hmm, what gun to take today? The 4K Rizzini, the $600 CZ of my spray painted lopped off Ithaca 12...?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Man! I coulda slept the clock around. I intended to go to work last night, but wussed out. Kinda glad, as I sacked out in the chair for a while. It would have been a tough night. Just have to go in tonight. Hated to burn more time, but oh well.
What a difference here since we left. LOTS of snow. Dad said it has settled a lot too. We had some warmer days.
Doing stuff out of your routine takes more outta you when you get older. I used to be way tougher than I am now. :D

Good going Six! Gotta love those fixes. The best part, for me, is once you've been into something on that level you know it intimately. When there is another problem, you know just what to do. You can identify every noise. I'm like that with our Jeeps. Ive tore into them enough, I know em pretty good.

GK's weather sounds like Kodiaks.

Best of luck Gunny! Pile em up!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well its obvious the birds we got this weekend weren't from our normal supplier! These birds were tiny! Missing lots of feathers, lethargic. Out of 12 birds today only 3 flew and not well ! Our normal supplier has done this before after an ice storm, their flight pens are not accessible they claim...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Hot dog and eggs this am with buttered sourdough toast. :shock:

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea, what a nice day to go bird huntin' ....couple of inches of soft snow on the ground, no wind...temps in mid thirties......my favorite squirrel hunting weather.......back when I used to do it.....

Yes GK...thank you and I'm sure "The Jayster" will agree......"necessity is the mother of invention".....$500 ain't nuttin but it is if you add of a lot of $500 items which most people do and that's why they are broke most of their lives......"thinking" is not hard and costs nothing......this saw is only used intermittently and as long as I keep a fresh blade on it and don't go too fast, it works fine.

Yes, Jay! Your 100% correct.....once you get into something you become an expert at it.....when I put the suspension and body lift on the Rubicon it took me all weekend...and long days. Could probably do it in a day now, but I don tell like working on vehicles anymore....did it my whole life to stay alive.

You ought to try putting a binary trigger on a 10-22 for the first time....even with the video.....I can do it now in 30 minutes.....

Well...well.......walked in the barn after the motor job last night and what's sitting in one of the rooms? A hardly used Grizzly 6" joiner.......WITH a heavy duty 110 V 1 h.p motor on it.....has the correct 6.5" diameter casing and the proper pulley......Gunny...you want a motorless joiner for cheap? My dad bought it a year or so before he died and I don't use it....

There's an issue behind the scenes.........PM's forthcoming----00

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I would love to have it but I already have one that works. :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay Bird is missing.......I want him to come back......."They" took my Jay Bird away. .....where Jay Bird goes, Sixgun goes with him.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Where have all the flowers gone?