Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by OldWin »

CVS
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Jay! You won! Let me look around for a prize………mmmmmm……..I got it! An 1880 all original Colt cavalry gun.

Sitting here thinking….I just HAVE to shoot this gun…..like, how many chances do you get to shoot history like this and was made a year before Billy da Kid caught some lead moving around 900 fps.

Gonna load up some very light loads and use a 200 grain bullet to keep pressures down……….full report later dude! ——-da 006
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Awesome buddy! I want pics of that. How cool will it be to drop the hammer on something like that.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

It’s cool dude……I mean c.o.o.l……..

Let your 2nd dad explain something to a youngster like you……..after my last post I started for the gun room to load a half dozen 45 L.Colt rounds………as I was walking I looked out back and noticed the grass right behind the house that’s fenced off for the dogs…….maybe a half acre……..was 6” high and higher than the rest of the yard even though I cut it all the same time last Friday……….the soil there is very rich and with tiny tootsie roll turds it make it richer…….so……I forgot all about the ammo and jumped on the Z to cut it……

Yea…..easily distracted in my old age…….then my daughter stops over and the 3 of us are yapping up a storm and talking about whoever was not there……..you should hear those women…..”I hate that Gerry”…..and…” who do they think they are?!”………”did you know that retarded jerk called me at 10 p.m.?”……..

Yea, I got up and left forgetting all about the Colt…..went outside and started weed whacking with the new EGO………..

Aaaahhhh women! Sitting on a gold mine but the price is too high for me anymore……..so I disappear to read some posts here and find I’m getting crucified over at the other stupid post……good…..let em wallow in their misery…..

Oh! The Colt…..gettin’ to it bro….——006 and 3/16ths
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey....I'm the king of distraction bro. It comes from working very little and having a lot of disposable time.

I hear you bud. I looked at that post and I agree. I was raised catholic and observed the same.
If the Vatican sold off their treasures, real estate and all the other businesses they are involved in, they could feed all the hungry in the world. Instead, they want someone barely eking out living to do it. Politics and power. Just like everything else.
Just like my post on the EV and hydrogen car thread. I stated exactly what it's all about, but my posts are ignored everywhere but here haha. I guess if I was insecure, it would bother me. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well…..THATS why you and I and a few others have OUR own thread….:D…..the others follow and do as they are told. :D

OK…..on to business in the gun world…..I loaded up 10 rounds of 45 Long Colt with a light load of 6 grains of Herco and a 200 gr. SWC designed for the 45 auto…….throats are very tight on this Cavalry gun….452…..so that’s what was loaded……..I figure around 700-725 by visually watching the bullet strike at 142 yards….

I tell ya bud, I was skeeeeered on the first shot…….10G mistake if it blew. The first 6 shots were on paper at exactly 10 yards…..could not believe it…a one hole group of 1” …but, only 10 yards. The last four were shot at the silhouettes at 142 yards…..did not see the first 2 shots but on the third I saw a hit in the dirt a foot low and a foot and a half to the left. I adjusted Kentucky wind age and hit the gong on my last shot but…,,,I was aiming for the gong on the right….pictures explain…….

I figure with another 10-15 shots I’d be hitting the pig every shot at 142 yards…,but I called it a day, not wanting to give my next 5 s.s. checks away……..just think…this one gun, if sold, could buy 50 Ubertia clones.:D

My “silencer” …don’t know why but I could not get a picture on the other side…just bright light. Notice the “funnel” shape?

Better pic ..10 yards

Self explanatory

At 142 yards…..I was aiming for the pig but caught the corner of the square plate.

Kind of hard to see…the orange silhouette are between the arrows

Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Holy smokes! That's awesome man! That's some serious history! Somewhere, there's a pile of bones underground with a big smile......well, I guess he's always smiling anyway, but you know what I mean. :D
Thanks for the pictures buddy. That must if been a pile of fun. Ida been twitchy on the first shot too!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

A quality well made weapon still doing what it was expected to do, awesome, well done Six... 8)

As for religion, I remember my mother having a row with the vicar when I was just a kid and mom never set foot inside the church after that and the row was about hypocrisy too.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Excellent demonstration of history and the reloading knowledge to demonstrate its value in function. Nice shooting, ;-)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

And from how many years later. Wish I still had it for a picture.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

As Elvis would say…..thank you very much.

Shooting this old Colt was not enjoyable even though I had the measurements down perfect so there would be little to no instant pressure spike…….but life is full of chances and I wasn’t going to pass this one up……….originality is everything and this Colt has it…..plus, there’s different eras that the cavalry Colts come from and this one fits into the second most valuable group with early 1870’s single actions being the most valuable……..hard to believe but this gun is a 10g Colt. Having a clear cartouche with the proper inspectors marks adds considerably. This gun has it all and the only detraction I could find was that the screw slots were cleaned up…….minor…..

Well, I’m gonna make the call for him to pick it up and next week it’ll be in the showcase along with the target and empties.

If I get around to getting out of the house I’m going to check out that unfired one….and after that I’ll demand we load up the 1919 and his ammo and his truck and his gas and his place upstate while I relax on the passenger side with the camera so that I can post pictures here and look like a big shot……. :D
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Looks like a nice cloverleaf on your target Fred…….you couldn’t duplicate that in a thousand groups.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha sounds like you got it all planned out pretty good bud. Take lots of pics! :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, in thousands of groups that might be the only one. But I have a similar group from a 7 1/2” New Frontier in 44 Spl at about 12 yds. Another I should have kept. I’ll have to look at the office. That length Colt is a nice balance. That is a rare opportunity to see what the old one can do. An old gunsmith brought one in from the 1880s but it didn’t all match.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I don’t know off the top of my head but many cavalry Colts were turned into 5.5 artillery guns…..you guys know that……….not many of the old colts escaped mutilation in one way or another and that’s why the “earlier you go” with “originality” the more valuable…….same with any gun model …as an 1880-1890’s Winchester 1886 will bring double what an extra lightweight would bring.

I never could understand the old Colt c&b’s…..they never caught on in value like the cartridge guns did…….well, except the Paterson Colts or other rare variations.

Down at the Timonium show in March I remember looking in showcases at various cavalry Colts with obvious mutilations with $30 K price tags.:D. The old guns with value are dangerous, as in monetary value to play with and purchase…..there’s experts out there that can weld up an old refrigerator into a Wells Fargo 1849……..people come up with newly engraved inspector stamps and just give them a tap.

I stay away from all of that stuff…..

Well…..another day to get through…..grass too wet to cut…
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah. The stuff with high dollar value is fraught with pitfalls. It becomes worth it to spend time and effort to counterfeit them. Missing something could cost the buyer thousands. Don't sound enjoyable to me. I just like my everyday junky stuff. I don't have a whole lot tied up in em. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I once had a guy try to sell me a Colt Walker that looked too good to be true...plus he wanted about a third of what a Walker would be worth.
I may be on the lookout for a antique Cap n Ball revolver I can buy one as long as I promise not to fire it....how dumb is that.. :roll:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Anyone want to buy a bridge? We have in our inventory the London Bridge which comes complete with a Gamekeeper and a bushel of limes. We also have a Golden Gate Bridge that comes with an in-home chiropractor but the buyer must be female.

On the other end of the spectrum we have the Colt Bridge which is located above a giant funnel in the sky that acts more like a conveyor belt for good quality American made guns….it’s destination is my house…junk need not apply…

Ahhh, never mind, you guys ain’t no fun anymore. Called Targetmaster and it closed early..huh?…….so here I am twiddling my thumbs so I’m headed over to the Colt Forum where I’m hoping to get my 6th trophy….
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Then there's the hick bridge. It's in Maine and is really only a couple logs over a brook. It can be yours for 5 bucks. Or a 12 pack if you're feeling generous. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Oh yea! I have several of those kind also…….space them a couple of feet apart and tack on a mess of 2x4’s……also have two “uppity ones” made out of 4x4’s and CINDER BLOCKS…….yea, we’re rich down here……got the 4x’s for nothing and “found” the cinder blocks next to where a big building was going up.

Hey FRED…….On the Science Channel there’s a neat and informative documentary on the San Andreas fault…..HUGE Tsunami in 1700…
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Here is the fault, kind of a wrinkle in the rock. I live about 10 miles to the left up the 14 freeway. Been having some earthquake swarms lately.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Jay, I've built a couple of those bridges in my time....definitely better than getting your feet wet... :D

OS, interesting rock formation you got there.... :shock:

Six, you may need those limes to take the taste away from all that "FREE BUD LIGHT" they're giving away over there... :lol:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I'll bet you have GK!

Oh, bud light ain't free. It costs you your self respect. :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

OldWin wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 3:58 am I'll bet you have GK!

Oh, bud light ain't free. It costs you your self respect. :D
That is a good one ;-)

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Oh, bud light ain't free. It costs you your self respect :D

I like that :D may use if I see someone drinking it..... :lol: it's getting as you have to be careful what you buy if you are not wanting to support the wierdoes.

I drank the Coors I bought but it didn't exactly excite the pallet if you know what I mean :( anyway I have some real beer from the Midlands.
IMG_20230504_123039.jpg
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah Coors light is kinda like carbonated water.
For cheap beer, I usually drink Miller Lite. Mostly cause the can is the same as it was in the 70s and they don't seem to have advertising gimmicks.
I really would drink Yeungling, buy we can't get it here.
My favorite will always be Moosehead. Drank it around a lot of burning wood and tires, long before I was legal. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I've never seen Miller's Light down here, curiosity makes me want to try it.
I still haven't plucked up courage to try the local "so called pub" the Range Rovers out side put me off plus the beer is double the price of other pubs. :(
When I move again I'll check out the pubs first, I assumed this little village would have a simple old fashioned pub with good ale and good looking Barmaids.

I went for a walk up on the ridge and noticed a field all decorated with 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧 for the coronation so I suppose the weekend will be a village get together for the uppity crowd that live here.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I like to see a man with priorities! :D

I'd like to visit an authentic pub. My son frequented a few when he was over there.
You can bet my wife will tune in to the coronation. She loves that stuff. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I’m always the last one to pull up to the fire…….

A pub? Different name for a bar but most likely has more class than these cesspools we have here.

I like that Jay….”drinking b.l. will cost you your self respect”. That’s a good analogy between conservatives and libs……it takes a lot for the right to rise but when they do, they don’t forget…….I don’t see b.l. ever getting the respect back. Once you know the true colors of anyone, we drop em like a sack of potatoes.

It will take a full generation for their sales to reach back to where they used to be.

Back when I was a youngster, the WW2 vets said they will never buy anything with a Japanese name on it and it wasn’t till the seventies that the Nips started making headways.
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Last night’s mid night investigation involved Rolling Rock: history, ownership, where it was/has been/is brewed. What we get here is likely brewed in CA. Now owned by AB InBev, Belgian company.

Now Pub, Midwest has little bars all over the place that may have women and kids in for lunch mostly men in the evening and some women. Other places depending on state laws they are just bars or restaurants that serve alcohol. Haven’t drank much in PA since the late 60s.

OW hit it with his phrase. Merlot was very popular at one time until in the movie Sideways one of the guys on a golf/wine road trip one of the guys held up a glass and said Merlot, a very simple wine and that killed the buzz. Overnight the craze died as was lamented in print by none of the distributors who was stuck with a lot.

Bud Light, nothing to lose but your self respect.

It rolls off so easily and gets a pause for thought, even out here in Uppityville.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Addendum, in Belgium they don’t care what Americans think unless it hits their bottom line. And there is then a long management chain that is going to be aware. They are too big to hurt with a boycott except in a focused situation like this where one of their brands becomes toxic.

The marketing vp in every brand they own will be aware of this as will every distributor.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah....I like stuff like that.

Bud Light.....no matter how it tastes, it's hard to swallow.

Well, today was a good, and a sad day. Stopped up to see my old buddy that had the shop. He's been selling off stuff and a guy has been bugging him hard for his little Colt Peacemaker. 22. I've always wanted it, and he remembered, so he wouldn't sell it to the guy. Dad and I shot the bull for a couple hours with him and then he went and brought it out to me. Probably be the last gun I buy from him. Strangely enough, my New Frontier. 22 was one of the first I bought from him about 40 years ago. He said he has only one Colt left, his old Commander 45. Maybe I'll get that one too.
Anyway, here's a pic. The old Gun Digest I got from my buddy Six.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Watching a YouTube video of a husband and wife that rode all the way across Northern Pennsylvania on a system of trails with TW200s like mine. Pretty neat.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I GAVE you that book? Like hell, I’ve been looking for it as I have every Gun Digest from 1950 to around 2014….I want it back……
:D
And that Colt…I really like it but it’s also one that went into “the coat”. Geeze, I didn’t know you had pockets in “the coat” to hold big books.

Hey, good for you buddy on the Colt……no money spent…money invested……when was it made and does it have that stupid safety thing in it when you open the gate?

I caught a little flak over at the Colt forum for shooting that old Colt……but they don’t know my background…..I earned another trophy for my contributions on a homemade silencer…the big one you shoot through………I don’t want no stupid trophies…I want LOOT….and lots of it.

Oooohhhhhhhhhhh, Pennie’s and nickels won’t get you far, but loot keeps your feet on the ground.. :D
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha no. No goofy safeties. All my stuff is the older versions. I have several now, but I really like the little Colt SA .22s. You just don't see quality like that in a .22 pistol anymore. They're fun to shoot.

Haha shouldn't they know you better than that over there by now?
I haven't been in a while. I'll have to go nose around soon.

Haha you gave me a stack of those old Gun Digests. Matter of fact, you tried to get me to take a bunch more. :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

The little Colt 22 is a classic, congrats.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thank you OS. I've been waiting this one out. Don't ever see the Peacemaker. 22s here.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

The boys in Boston ain’t buyin’

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well Fredrick……I know as well as you know that is was not a campaign on AB’s part…….it was a build up of frustration on the right and we just wanted to see how far those mf would push us…….Well, the way I see it they have reached their limit. We have been quiet (not me!) due to fear of being labeled a homophobic. It’s here…the “fight”.

No different than catching your wife with another dude..she may whine and cry but the damage is done…good bye!

They call us the “quiet right” for a reason. I, personally have nothing against gays or whatever those others are…I just don’t want them in my life and having their rhetoric jammed down my throat.

Gays are one thing but those trans whackos are real freaks of nature….

Now, on to happier topics of discussion……….is there any left?
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Congratulations on snagging that Colt Jay, as Six said money invested.... :D

Bud Light will forever be known as the Queer Beer so I can't see it ever fully recovering.

I'll try to find that YouTube video of the couple on TW200s, sounds interesting 8)
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Happy stuff, bought four of those Colts one day for $300 gave three away as presents and kept one which I never fired which I traded for a Browning auto which I never fired then traded off.

Long time passes and I got another of the Colt .22s (New Frontier) with the safety. At about $450 I think and until now didn’t think of it but a Browning auto. OW might have the Mag cyl, I had to fit one that I ordered from Brownells, not Colt. Doesn’t shoot that well.

Same day I bought a nickel Colt 1911. Shot that quite a bit traded it off, bought another like it, traded that off and got a Springfield Armory that shot better than both and shot that a lot. Filed off the left edge of the grip safety because it was biting my thumb. Added BoMar like fixed sights, Kings grips and a Group Gripper kit. Here’s a target not easy to repeat there Six. Had the good sense not to shoot a second shot.

After many years I came across a 61 94 in primo condition that I had first seen in a Win catalog in 61.

Pics in reverse order.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

On another note, no Six I don’t think it was an AB campaign. I think they are thinking what exactly happened here and who didn’t see this coming.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah I always liked the .22 Colt SAs. My dad always coveted the Woodsmans. He finally got a 4" one about 30 years ago. He carries it more than any other handgun in the woods. He only has the one. I'm not as big a fan of the Woodsmans. It does shoot well though.
I was standing beside him one day when he fired it. The extractor slipped over the rim of the fired case. The bolt went back and picked up another one, jamming it into the case in the chamber. When it tilted, the bolt hit the rim, detonating the cartridge out of battery. THAT was loud! A piece of the exploded case flew over and embedded itself in my cheek (the one on my face :D ). It wasn't in deep, so I plucked it right out. It did hurt though. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Good job you ain't no snowflake Jay or you could've sued Colt, the cartridge company and your Dad.... :lol:
I have a Woodsman :o ................but it's only a crappy BB gun... :(
Years ago I joined a gun club that was only interested in target shooting competitions, they didn't like that I bought a .22 revolver instead of a semi auto, that membership didn't last long, I like shooting holes in anything but paper. I have quit a couple of other gun clubs because of their uppity attitudes...
BTW, over here if you only shoot at the gun club and do not attend often enough they are required to inform the police that you no longer have a valid reason to own a firearm .... :roll:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Yeah unsupported 22 LR cases don’t fair well, similar experience. Had a Walther PPKs .22. Didn’t keep the chamber clean enough. One round didn’t chamber fully but they will fire without being completely in battery. That blew the case and blew the extractor off.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

This was even more fun ;-) case bottom ejecting from an Ithaca 37 hit the primer of one still in the magazine tube which then went off.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Jay…….how’s you get that 6 pack of yuengling ??

Yea…last one to arrive at the party……cant b.s…..for now….gotta get to the p.o…

BTW…..Colt .22’s never did anything for me….there’s no money in em……

You tell GK that me and Jay are coming over to get him and upon arrival to the colonies he will be presented with 10 rifles and 5 handguns…Jay has them all ready to give him……
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha a buddy dropped it off all sneaky like. I went out to go to the dump this morning, and there it was!
I suspected a good buddy of mine, but had Kristy check the cameras. Lo and behold, it was her old co-worker! He is our sons age and real good kid. Anyway, he saw my continual rants to Yuengling to send that stuff to Maine, so he felt sorry. He'd just gone fishing in NY and stocked up.
No, I know the .22 Colt SAs aren't worth a lot (but a lot more than they were), but I just like em. They also shoot wonderfully. Some of it is sentimental, cause a Scout was the first handgun I ever fired. Boy, a lot if guys on the Colt forum seem to like em though. Couple of those guys know a ton about the little things.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well…..for real, I was going to send you a 12 pack of Yuengling but I see you already have better connections…….

I GOTS DA PACKAGE…THANK YOU MY FINE FRIEND!!!!!! But there’s a problem…..BIG problem……I’m pretty much like an American Indian and that’s if you give me a present, I have to beat it…..this is going to turn into a “gift war”…….I will not be beat!!!

One thing for sure, you and I have the glove market cornered…

Thank you, for real…..tell Kristy…..you guys are the best!

Me and mom were laughing so hard on the corn we both wet ourselves……THAT is going to find a permanent place in my gun room….I like how you just spelled “ville” with the corn……

I got it figured out and the corn is going to get greased up real good with 1972 artillery grease…….then I’ll sit on it and have mom slap me in the face so I’ll spin around.:D

What’s with the Moxie soda” is that a Maine thing? THANKS FOR THE SMITH M&P!

Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah I thought you like the corn......Ville.
Yes. Moxie is a Maine thing. It is from 1884 and was originally a snake oil elixir. It has a "unique" flavor, but is one of only a couple sodas I will drink. I actually think it's been sweetened up some in the last 20 years. I like the old version better.
Oh, no problem on the M&P. I have like 12 of them. :D
Haha yeah gloves. Kristy still loves the blue knit ones you sent.
You don't owe me nothing bro!