Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by Sixgun »

Well.....$1,634 on the phone turns into $1,986.....you know, they add "trip cost" and miscellaneous fittings..and a gauge I special ordered....

It's nothing you can brag about, like scoring that single action Colt.......like, what's the big deal, "oh man! We got a new water heater!!!!" I could have bought the heater for a grand but who do I call if it prematurely breaks down.

[url=https://postimg.ccurl]

[url=https://postimg.cc/grMBbzfY][i
Last edited by Sixgun on Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Holy freakin smokes! Almost 2k for a water heater?
Last one I put in was with my dad down to his mother's house. Guess it's been a while. The water heater wasn't near that much.
Guess that's the difference between Reagans and Bidens America.

In these parts, it'd be cold showers for sure if it's that kind if money. Its only once a year anyway.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Like everything else Six "pay the money and cry only once.....In October We ordered some new windows and paid a bundle. They came and installed them last week. the service man said you'll never need new windows again. that's about right for that tank installed . looks like $100.00 worth of copper alone.....Up at Presque isle Gun shop in Erie last week and they had a bunch of new Rossi's for $750.00 . just life in bidenville..... :lol: .
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

No Jay....the water heater is not for taking showers. I use it to water the lawn. I heard that taking showers with hot water will make your teeth fall out so that's why Maine doesn't have any.....water heaters or teeth.

Here, in Pa. we is uppity. About once a year we wait until it gets dark and it's raining so we just remove our clothes and go outside. Soap? Naaaa, that's for people who drive BMW's.

On a somewhat serious note the news has waaaayaayyyyy more coverage on that football player who got hurt than it does on the 4 kids who were murdered by that whack job......don't get me wrong, I truly hope the football player gets better but it's like the world stops until he does. As for the whack job coward who killed those kids, well, put him in a tiny cell, cover his body in honey and throw in a thousand ants.....What a useless coward....big strong 6' man kills kids that may weigh 90 pounds....

One inmate in Pa, where he was being held told him, while flipping him the bird, "I'm gonna kill you".....I don't agree with that. 24/7 in a cell that's just big enough for him to stand in and slump a bit, force feed him the best of food, keep him clean....for the next 50 years or until Satan takes him.

Yea 45....we guncranks never blink an eye shelling out 3 g's for a nice gun but wince if we are forced to spend $10 for something we truly need. :D :D

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey! I won page 170!!! Maybe Jay will award me some of those wooden teeth that George Washington used to have. I hear they sell them at every convenience store store in Maine.

I hear peanuts and other hard to chew food isn't too popular up that way.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

That's true! :D

Ever watch a guy with one tooth try to eat those Combos pretzel pieces with the cheese in em?
Now that's funny! Spending 5 minutes rolling it around trying to line it up with that tooth. :D
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I wish the Football player All the best and a complete recovery. He is just a Young Kid (23) trying to live his dream . the other Guy who stabbed all of these people must have left DNA on the scene of the crime. the FBI tracked Him All the way to PA had his car pulled over twice by local police who got film on their body cams trying to see if He had cuts on his hands. If they have proof He did it, no jail time on the taxpayers dime. Offer Him death by hanging or firing squad.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I wish you guys would stop going on about teeth or the lack of them I can still hear dueling Banjos every time I look in the mirror.... I might go down the pub and put some fiddle music on the jukebox and do some flatfoot dancing for the locals while I still have the hillbilly smile.......... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Just stay away from the Combos!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Can only get them from Amazon over here...might have to see if Amazon sell wooden teeth... :?
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:11 pm Can only get them from Amazon over here...might have to see if Amazon sell wooden teeth... :?
According to Six, they are in the "made in Maine" secrion. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey hey...hey! We have just as many people in Pa...most likely MORE ...than Maine. I don't have any...zip....the steering wheel on my new/old Trans Am took them...I think 7....4,000 miles on the car and a head on with a 200 year old beech tree at 65 will do those things. (Cops said 65 as that was what the speedometer was stuck on)....

On to good times along with fun and games.........sent a $750 cashiers check to the B.B. Museum for 10 factory letters on my rarer lever guns, like that smoothbore 1894 Marlin and the special order shotgun buttstock 1886 SCR which is near unheard of on a SRC 1886. And that 1881 Marlin with the 30" "buffalo barrel". Oooooooo, I get so excited when talking about old guns which was my true life's work.

Still have 8-10 Colt factory letters to do at $100 each. It all makes for an easy sale and will add 30% on an otherwise doubtful gun.

I'd personally like to be on the firing squad team when Idaho puts that garbage to death.....I said earlier to put him in a small cage but it's better for the survivors if he's put to death so they can move on....if they can......I wonder if I was selected for the team if I could choose the firearm....thinking of a 45-90 loaded with #12 shot right to the face.....and wait.....................................
........and wait some more....---006

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I re-found this barrel last month......came from the factory that was in a box of other junk.......I think it's a first gen buntline barrel but it's unthreaded and is smoothbore....if only it could talk...maybe it was going to be made for Wyatt Earp! Maybe Bat Masterson! Maybe Lebron James!

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

They are coming! New Toyo Open Country MT's for moms Jeep....just like mine but 255/75...like an inch or two narrower.

[url=https://postima
Last edited by Sixgun on Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Oh boy!
Colt barrels.......new mudders.......good times.
There ain't nothing like a set of fresh murders. When they are new, and the edges the lugs are sharp, those babies dig like all get put. Just like a fresh tire on a dirt bike.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea....makes sense.....get a set of the best mudder tires, next to Super Swampers and never take them off the road. To the grocery store, Home Depot, hardware store, post office and up and down the driveway a few times hoping someone you know will come down the road and will see you. Yea, the chest will puff out with a huge smile while the sun shines on your teeth, showing dark spots at every other tooth......-----006

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hahaha yeah. You can tell those guys easy. Their mudders are always well worn, but without one chunk taken out, no cuts or spin stripes. :D
I will say that I'm impressed with the Falken Wildpeak mudders that came on my truck. I've never owned Falkens before. These are the best mudders I've ever driven with in the snow. They seem to perform really well, and when I got to 35s, I see myself sticking with then right now.
Normally, I always run BFG. I will probably stick with them on the Jeep. Mostly for the sizing, but I've been happy with them. I have about 25k on them.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

You know Jayster, you said the same thing my boy told me last night......The rage in Colorado amongst real off road Jeepers like you and my boy, (unlike me who still has the UPC codes on the frame from 2005) is the new Falken AT3W tires....and they are cheaper than Toyos....not by much.....

Does it really matter?...not for me it don't....in fact, we don't even need a car of any type. I can just drive the Kubota around town......or walk.....My boy runs 35's on his Jeep and the Ford Tremor....says he's buying 37's for his truck next month.....I told him, "heck, why don't you just put 80" tires on it....he says, "well, then I'd need a lift kit."

For real, back around 10 years ago when I was still elk hunting my boy and me were cruising around his own town, which is suburbia. Probably was 2 feet of snow.......he says to me, "hey! Looks at that!" ......and there, going down a city street was a pick up truck with tracks for rear wheels just cruising along....you know, like a half track military vehicle.....but this guy had all his teeth.

In the fall of 2022 my boy bought a new set of "takes offs" from a 2022 Gladiator for his daughters Jeep....tires and wheels for $800 even. He said something about the holes on the rims being bigger on the new wheels and the sensors but everything works fine.

Still cloudy and gloomy...have not seen all day sunshine in over a month......I need sun...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah. The small town (poor) snowmobile clubs up here don't have Tucker sno-cats to groom. They get junk yard S10 4 wheel drive pickups and put track kits on them.
Hick groomers.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That's O.K.....I'll take a hick with no teeth and a $10 pick up truck ANY day over a back stabbing "Mr. Personality" with 3 educational degrees driving a Mercedes who lives in a 20,000 sq. foot mansion.

Getty dark.....gonna take Miss Apple out for her walk.----00

.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Holy Stuff! " I need sunshine".. Oldwin, next time You see Six in person slap Him 20 or 30 times for Me......He could sell the meteorite and buy Key West, stop by Trumps place and have Dinner. They could jump in the Yacht and motor up to Portland and pick you Up For Lobster. Good God Shape up Six.! :D .
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey yeah! Portland! Oooohhhhh fancy town. I don't mind lobster, but its not worth the work and mess for me. But then, it aint a big deal up here. Give me a big ole pot of steamers, a tub of melted butter on the side, and some cold beer. Whoo hoo!
We don't even consider Portland part of Maine anymore. Places like that are why we have the idiot governor we have.
Same story everywhere I guess. Cesspool cities ruining everything.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Welllll soreee Man. this poor old hick who lives on lake Erie only knew about Portland......I think it is on the Coast?????
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha no problem. It's all anyone ever knows usually. It's the biggest city in Maine. Many wouldn't consider it a city, but it is for us. Yeah, it's down south and it's on the coast. I call it Little Seattle. Lots of trendy little bistros and coffee shops. Oh! And liberals, don't forget the liberals. Sickening. Gives the rest of the state a bad name. Full of flatlanders mostly.
There is a LOT of coast above it as the coastline is very jagged. If you straightened it, it would be as long as the continental US.
Father up the coast, in what they call "Down East", is where the real Maine coast is. It's pretty rough in places, with some families of "Herring Chokers" going back a few hundred years. Lots of places you don't see on calendar and magazine pictures haha. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Just a hypothesis......I'm more redneck than Jay or 45 Colt....I don't like rich people but wealthy people are cool...there's a huge difference between the two....Donald Trump is wealthy.....the Kardashians are rich.

Now, on to fun and games...ooooooooooo I like fun and games! Just spent 92 minutes talking to Billy the Drunk, ex coworker I had at the plant....we is buddies....boooooooooy, were we laughing. He lives maybe 5 miles north of Wilmington, De and after I told him about 12 people being shot in Philly on New Year's Eve, he said 11 were shot in Wilmington....

At the plant last month he was telling me one trucker got mad at another trucker because he was backed into door 6 and that he was supposed to be in there. The trucker already backed into door 6 came out of his tractor and started beating the other trucker with a ball peen hammer......so the trucker who was attacked (he's from the Caribbean Islands) pulled out a straight razor and sliced the other guys face from ear, down across his face and down to his belly button......

Billy the drunk says, "don't mess with those islanders". :D He said to me that he has no idea how the guy lived as blood was puddled everywhere.....

Then Billy the Drunk told me he had to go to the hospital last month because his knee swelled up like a basketball from gout....He's been drinking the hard stuff and that will do it to ya...they pulled out 44 cc's of uric acid from his knee. I told him that he wants to see retirement and do nothing like me he had better quit....he goes, "yea, yea, you've been beating that into my head for the last 10 years so I decided to quit drinking the hard stuff and went back to a cheap beer."! Well, I KNOW Billy the Drunk, he will quit until his knee feels better and then will go and get himself another 1.75 of Jack Daniels.

Well, hoped you like the entertainment and welcome to redneck land. :D ----006 and 11/32 nds.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

They must pay big bucks in that place!
Every real drunk I have known drank the cheapest azzed stuff they could find. Whether it was Whiskey, gin, vodka, beer, whatever.
I never saw a hard drunk drink anything as good as JD.

My dad's buddy that died last year was pretty bad. He mainly drank himself to death. He had a big job and retired at 55. Had a bunch of money. He still drank the cheapest stuff he could find. If we was at hunting camp, he'd always hit the top shelf stuff like a kid in a candy store. Pretty sad.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea.....don't understand it....back in the day when I was drinking I knew cheap liquor or beer would leave you with a headache the next day and a general overall poopy feeling......whiskey was Wild Turkey that was aged 3 years more than the regular Wild Turkey.....but, yes, there were times when I drank a fifth of Old Crow......never was a big whiskey drinker...maybe a fifth a month but when I usually didn't let it sit around more than a couple of days after I bought it... :D

Went through a few changes with beer......Budweiser in the seventies but that would give me a headache so I switched to Colt 45 Malt liquor because I equated it to,single action Colts...(the truth).....maybe a year or two later I went to Pabst blue ribbon for 15 years and finally to Genesee Cream Ale before I quit altogether at 40.

Tried it all again at around 55 and within a week I was back to hardcore drinking and my body couldn't handle it.

But I'll still smoke crack, snort meth and coke, drop LSD, and inject heroin....BUT ONLY ON WEEKENDS! :D

Naaaa...Skoal and coffee is all I do...

Did you hear about the Polish guy who was "doing crack"? He put his hand down his backside and sniffed his fingers. :D

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah. Crack kills! :D

Yeah, I only drink beer and Whiskey. And the Whiskey I only drink neat. I like decent stuff, but I don't go through much so it isn't expensive. I only drink it in the cooler months. Zero in summer.
Now beer, I drink mostly cheap light beer. Especially in the summer, cause I'll get fat if I drink what I like. I don't go through tons of it, but in the summer I drink more of it. If if sitting downstairs watching movies at night, I may drink 3 or 4 if I'm down there long enough to watch 2 movies. Especially if I'm eating popcorn or salted shell peanuts. I keep a big tub beside my chair and an old steel powder keg for the shells.

Hillbilly heaven!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Oh yea baby!.....popcorn, peanuts and cheap beer.......I bet Kristy don't want to be around you in the morning after fermenting for 8 hours.

Ya know something...when you get old you can relate to what the other person is saying with an actual experience you've had in the past.....in this case, it was when you wrote "peanuts"......a very cool dude I worked with had a thing with peanuts with shells on them......he worked in Philly which was a 25 mile drive and the entire time he was driving he would throw the peanut shells on the floor of his car. One time another guy tells me, "hey! Go look at the floorboard in Fred's car". So after punching out at the end of the day I walked past his ghetto cruiser and on the passenger side the peanut shells were even with the hump....I bet 5 buckets full.

When I had my '79 Ford 4x4 truck the bed must have had 200 empty 16 oz PBR's rolling around....funnier than heck as every time I made a turn you could hear the whoosh whoosh.....

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yup.
Guys do that here too with pickups and boats. They leave about a hundred cans rolling around in there. I always figured it put a cop or a warden on alert.
I never drink and drive. Ain't worth it. Plus, I'm always carrying a gun and don't want the trouble.
I behave mostly, these days. Getting old I guess. Now, back in the 80s, well that's different. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea...smart move bro......the courts and money hungry lawyers LOVE white guys who own stuff and have jobs.

Yea, me too, for "back in the day".....I'm what? 12 years older than you.....but you would still remember the days when it wasn't big deal to get a DUI. I never did get caught which means I did but was lucky and for real, if I was really smashed I wouldn't drive anyway, not because of the fear of getting caught or getting in an accident but I was more worried about even finding my way home. :D ...there were exceptions......

Another guy I worked with "Mike the Pig"...ran his life like the Temptations song, "Papa was a Rolling Stone"....he was 2 years older than me and retired 4 years AFTER me......broke from paycheck to paycheck...drinking and hoeing....I called him the pig because he would eat anything. I handed him a banana that was a month old one time and was mushy...completely black....he ate it and said it turned to sugar and was very sweet.....he had a big heart though and would give anybody anything and the predators at the plant took advantage of him.....

So there's Billy the Drunk, Mike the Pig and another guy, "Jeff the Tart". This guy was as smart as a rock. Yea, industry really pulls them in.....oh, "Kevin the Outhouse"....this guy smelled like feces.....

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah.
I had a buddy who left a party one night with his old man's brand new Chevy pickup. It had 8k on the ticker. He got into some chatter bumps and lost it coming down a hill. He cartwheeled that sucker I don't know how many times. There was blue paint 14 feet in the trees. He got blown out the drivers door window. When he came too, he could reach up and grab the door handle. I can't believe I wasn't with him.
When our old sheriff's deputy showed up he looked around and said, "Well, if you boys WAS drinkin', I'd say this should a taught you more if a lesson than the courts would."
And that was it. Good ole days.

Yeah, we got all kinds of nicknames here too. Just too many to list. Haha, can't believe some of the idiots that work here.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

The other day Momma sprayed some of Her crafts in the basement with shellac ,She opened one of the windows because of the smell. across the hall is the bedroom where I sleep . I wake up in the morning to my new "tent camping temperature" and go upstairs I thanked Her for the brisk invigorating experience in the house. the look on Her Face was priceless. :o :oops: :oops: :oops: .
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ha! You hung around the same types as I did.... :D being an old guy I could go on for hours and a list of names a mile long......and the funny thing is I don't know why I did.....I was always in the upper classes of eduction and I hung around the bums...they were more fun...smart people are as exiting to hang around as "a little extra" in your underpants.

Your story on the guy who cartwheeled pops car reminded me of Timmy Snyder. We were in h,s, and a mess of us decided to sneak in the drive in movie....there was a back entrance that people would use to leave by but had a chain on it until the movie ended....but was never locked........we would go down this back country road and then shut off our lights and zoom in and pull up on speaker....Timmy was driving dads new car and when he pulled in he smacked dead into one of the 6" pipes that were cemented in the ground that held the speaker.....bang! I got out of my car, holding a beer and was laughing like crazy. Timmy didn't like that too much.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Your lucky 45....my wife hates the smell of any kind of paint...if I spray something little in the basement she can smell it in 3 seconds and then I have no peace in the house for a week....if I accidentally pass gas I have to blame it on the dog right away and shoo the dog off the couch. One time I had a "little extra" and the smell stayed around for an hour until I went and took a shower. Had to throw my underwear in the wood stove......good thing it was wintertime and we had a fire going.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Real cool 45! That should have been worth a new gun. You should have acted sick and gone to the doctors. Filled an old prescription bottle with Tylenol and said it was antibiotic for your pneumonia.
Get a "sympathy Winchester". :D

Haha I tell ya Six.....
If my kids had done what I did, Ida killed em.
We used to hang out in the parking lots till all hours of the night. We'd drink beer and hang out. Sometimes the cops would show up and shoot the breeze. They knew what we were doing, but if they didn't see it, they pretended it wasn't going on. We weren't dumb enough to get all hammered, just have a couple. We was like 18 and I usually had my Smith 629 with me. Crazy!
We were sitting there BSing one night and this chick rolls up in daddy's Vega. When she left she tried to be all cool and tried to do a rollback. She cut the wheels and floored it in reverse. Just about the time the Vega made 90 degrees she slammed into one of those square cement chunks that has the light posts for the parking lot.
Daddy's Vega didn't look too chipper after that. We all clapped and laughed. Then we felt sorry and took a tire iron to pry the rear quarter off the tire.
Good times bro.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Dang...there's a reason why the Good Lord kept me and you apart in years...then he took a extra precaution and made a 600 mile distance........ahh the chick in the Vega...lucky it didn't blow up on her......they were really j.u.n.k. like, well, you know....you have one..... :D

Hittin' it bro......dealing with Billy the Drunk for an hour and a half exhausted me........He is funny though, lots of fun to be around......remind me to tell you about the air conditioner tomorrow........you'll really get a laugh outta dis one.....---00

Yea, the air conditioner and the accident coming home from the union hall.....

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha ok bud. Hopefully I won't forget.

I gotta go hit the MPI booth. I'll check back in tomorrow afternoon.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

You guys should have your own TV show... :lol: I can relate to all your stories on misspent youth and funny co-worker's I guess there aint a lot of difference between the working classes of both our countries. Fun is fun and pursuit of it was a full time occupation of mine until marriage put a brake on it... :( Happy memories now because if I tried to turn back the clock I'd either be dead or broke within a month... :lol:
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Six wrote:"Your lucky 45....my wife hates the smell of any kind of paint...if I spray something little in the basement she can smell it in 3 seconds" . it's OK if she sits on the couch with a bottle of nail polish remover or makes a stink doing crafts or whatever. let me open a bottle of Hoppes to clean a gun and all stuff breaks loose........ :lol: .
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

My first wife loved the smell of Young's 303 cleaner... :?
IMG_6164.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea GK....but I never stopped...it's called "arrested development". I'm gonna get every laugh I can while I'm still breathing and if others don't like it they can kiss where the sun don't shine........I wake up everyday with a smile and will instantly "jettison" anybody who is a threat to that smile......and now you know why we have the P.I.thread!... :D

Now, on to fun and games with Billy the Drunk and the air conditioner.

Billy lives in a trailer park buts it's clean and well managed. George, another coworker stops over Billy's to slam down a few beers which turned into probably 20. So George is telling me that him and Billy were pretty well blitzed and about 10 at night, well after the sun went down Billy asked George if he can help him move a air conditioner.

George says, "sure, where's it at?".....so Billy the Drunk tells George to follow him and they take a walk around 100 yards away to another trailer where this air conditioner is laying behind it. So Billy the Drunk and George each grab a side and start walking. They are getting near Billy's trailer and a car comes down the road and as its night time, the car has its lights on.....Billy says to George, "drop it and lay down!".....George, stunned, does what he's told and after the car goes by Billy says, "grab your end and lets go, fast!"......Billy the Drunk dupes George into helping him steal an air conditioner.......George said a week later he stopped over Billy's and he wasn't on the porch anymore, he was sitting in his easy chair inside with a 12 pack to keep him company.... :D

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Nice!
Obviously before everyone had cameras everywhere. The good old days.

When we were kids, we used to drive trucks out in the woods, build a bonfire, and have us a big ole time drinking a few beers, cranking tunes, and shooting the breeze.
The mist expedient way to have a good fire was to burn tires. We had a bud who owned a tire shop so we'd raid his dumpster.
One night we were getting tires for the next night's fire but the dumpster was empty. We hit a tire place on the other side of town butt didn't see much out back. I looked over by a guardrail off to the side and there was an old bucket loader tire. I said hey, instead of messing with a bunch of tires, let's get one BIG one. We put a chain around it and dragged it to a loading ramp out back. It wouldn't fit in the bed of the truck so it was propped in there. We drove right through town and out to our party spot. We put a chain around a tree and drove out from under it.
It was then we noticed the tags on the tire. Yup... brand new. We figured oh well.. ain't bringing it back.
Next night when we went out it was long gone. Somebody else found it.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ha! Poor farmer/construction guy who ordered the tire probably needed it desperately so he could keep his business going and to feed himself and others! Oh well, that never bothered us either.

I am a bit curious though as we did the same bonfire and beer thing...but tires? They stink and burn for a couple of days, not to mention getting soot all over your clothes. How about the girls...that didn't bother them? Well, the girls who had teeth anyway and didn't weigh over a ton. :D

Ya know, as I'm writing this I'm laughing so hard, getting a mental picture of you guys drinking beer and a nasty smoking tire with a few "heavyweights" waiting to see if a guy will give them some attention.

That brings another memory....guess we were about 16 and my buddy Brad wanted to borrow Dads car, ( a 65 Ford Galaxy 500 convertible with a 428 in it,) to go to the drive in and dad told him, "only if you take Connie with you"....now, let me tell ya, Connie was a real deal heavyweight, probably pushing 250 and as Brad had his girlfriend he asked ME to come along as Connies date. Uuugggggg, nasty......well, a couple hours and 6 beers later we were at the 202 Drive In watching some stupid movie and me and Connie were in the back seat and Brad starts making out with his girlfriend. I look at Connie and she winks at me with two missing front teeth.......heck, she was so big she took up her side and half of my side.....I almost puked but after that 7th or 8th beer she started looking good...........yea, I'll never live that one down...

Oh man! I somehow put that memory waaaayyyyy in the back of my mind......heck, that was over 50 years ago. Thanks for resurrecting that.....I hate myself now.....

Gonna take Miss Apple out for her evening walk---00

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hahahaha nice! A date with "Miss West Athens". :D

Yeah, there was always plenty of soot to clean off the trucks from the burning tires.
You'd be surprised, but we had some hotties back in the day up here. Way better than now. The moms are still hotter than the daughters. See, back then, there wasn't any of this anti bully and be nice stuff. And nothing is more vicious than girls. We hat had very few fatties. Even if they were ugly, they were usually built well. Most of had to work.
We grew up in the last of the good times. We had cool kid jobs. Working at garages and gas stations. No McDonald's for the cool kids. No way. I'd be at the station alone till close up. All my buds would show up and hang out. Usually, someone had a wash tub full of beer and ice in their trunk. I always watch American graffiti or Dazed and confused when those movies come on. Reminds me of when we were kids.
We had a lot of motorcycle and dirt bike antics too. We were out raising ol h3ll long before we had drivers licenses. What a bunch of outlaws we were haha! :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea...your right.......your generation and my sons (he's like 3 years younger than you) were the last of good times and a nice way to grow up....but also, you and I were raised in the country....it was much different for city folk.....I worked with a lot of guys who had to fight their way to their front door...literally.....

My daughters generation (born in '81) was the beginning of the "me generation". Gimme...gimme...you owe it! .....

But who knows, maybe the people born around 1900 said the same thing as people born in the thirties.......I can see those old timers say, "these young punks with their fancy model T's and radios all whine because a little dust gets in their eyes. :D (dust bowl days). And then the people born in the 30's would say, "these young punks, they do a little fighting with those japs while we had to fight our neighbors. Later generations would say, "these punks drive their '65 Ford Galaxy's in a drive in and make out while we had to do it in a corn field out in Cornville.

I have 1300 pics I'm going through on a thumb drive....I'm finding all kinds of cool stuff.

In the hundreds of bullets I tested (one grain of Bullseye) this was the only time this happened.

This little Chinese gal testing a 10" model 29 at a gun club way upstate.....first time she ever shot a gun.....I had like 5 grains of Bullseye in the loads. I wanted to take her home and tell mom she was my China doll and I was gonna keep her on a shelf but mom would have seen through it.

Found this old pic...all first gen Colts and a 1878 Colt with the 38-55 Marlin.

THESE are 44 Spls......not like the junk people call 44 Spls. today. 1950 Target Smith & a Super rare Target Triplelock.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Wow! Super nice stuff bud.

And look at that Jeep! Sitting there all stock looking. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea Jay...the MTR's.....believe that picture was from 2018.....the Jeep is sagging as I had the BAR with a couple of thousand rounds in the back along with about 20 other guns

Here's my boy with one of his Harley's from his fleet.

Hey! Remember this? The BAR man Pitchy made me....I took him fishing.

Good ole Justice Kavanaugh gets confirmed!

This is a '73...looked at those case colors from 1891.

Early model 39 that's safe to use with high vel ammo.....going to the auction next month....getting rid of "junk"

Keeping this one.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Been a while since mines had the MTRs. I hated those tires. This pic is the day we picked it up in May of 03.
Man! That 73 is freakin beautiful! Unbelievable condition. That is worth major coin bro!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Dang Jay....that pic is close to 20 years old and Kristy hasn't aged a bit where you,,,,well, you know, we males have a harder life.

Yea, I see your has the MTR's on it....factory standard at the time.....but. Did you know the factory MTR's are softer than aftermarket MTR's? My factory tires had 5k on them when I took them off for new 33' MTR's then I put them on Ole Yeller....maybe an additional 10k on Old Yeller and they are well worn while I got 45 on the aftermarket MTR's.

I don't worry about mileage anymore as you know the farthest I go is 1/8 of a mile to the post office.

How much did you pay for your 2003? Mine listed at 27 and change but I got it for 23.9. You have the hard top which is a bit more.