Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by gamekeeper »

Well I guess the window did what it was there for......the company should thank you for testing it.... :wink:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Wellllll........
We kept running it after the inner window was shattered. Problem was, coolant got in between the panes and the weight made the spiderwebbed inner window collapse into the chip conveyor. Of course, the spin window was attached to the inner glass too, so that fell and hung by the wire. We shut it down and left it after that. Then we noticed the outer pane is cracked too.
Bet we're gonna be popular Tuesday morning. But, it really isn't anything we did. Of course, that won't matter.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Alan Wood
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Alan Wood »

So was that job one you shift setup or one setup by a different shift?
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Alan Wood wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:22 pm So was that job one you shift setup or one setup by a different shift?
There isn't a "setup" in a traditional sense. These machines are 5 axis, twin spindle Leichti Turbo Mills. We are machining gas turbine blades from forgings. They are held by rotary heads at the front by Lange precision vises. If you look through the broken window you can see part of the rough forging that hasn't been machined yet held in the vice. At the "tailstock" end, on the right, is another rotary head with a clamp.
When the program starts, the part is only held on the headstock end with the Lange vice. The part is sticking out, unsupported, for a little over a foot. A .500 carbide end mill comes in and machines a spot on the end. This spot is for a "pusher" that comes out hydraulically from between the clamp on the tailstock. This stabilizes the part while the same tool machines a slot on both sides of the forging for the clamp on the tailstock to come in and clamp on.
I would say programming dropped the ball on the feeds and speeds. If we slowed it to 30%, it would make it through. Of course, that was AFTER this little incident. We had 4 other identical machines going. Here is another picture of the inside of one of these machines with the door open. This is the headstock end with the Lange vice holding the parts. The tailstocks can't be seen in the picture unfortunately. You can see the end mill in spindle 2 is broken. It would grab the part, and kick it off in the vice, breaking the endmill. When carbide breaks, it takes off like a bullet. The window was no match.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

This head is forged. Over 600 rds of golf. Don’t know what the face is made of but nary a mark on it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Alan Wood
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Alan Wood »

The programing is what I was calling setup. And I was thinking the problem probably was there but hadn't considered that carbide tooling is pretty much going to be unstoppable if it breaks.
snkbittin
Levergunner 1.0

Post by snkbittin »

Jeez..you guys are hard to keep up with! .. Stuff here in Mass has been fun..rolled my ankle fractured foot..2 weeks ago yesterday ..came home from work last Monday and ended up taking my house Panther to the Vet..something bad happened to him and now he's gone..Gram and I are all set with pets now..love them but... Been cleaning the cellar..litter box and all that and have been re organzing the Work shop/Gun room ..Compressor hooked back up....its been 20 yrs since Ive built a Model plane..WW2 with Strong leaning to Luftwaffe stuff..This time around im starting with all the different FW 190 D's.. TA 152 ..and all the FW 190 Mk's thats of course when theres time so I needed the bench to be able to be a bench for model building ..RC cars and trucks..O scale RR maint. and gun stuff weather has been nice and I need to get out in the Rocket more ..too many hobbies here ..Have a 1959 John Deere 430 Crawler that I need to pull the engine and put in new clutch and other Antique tractor stuff on the other toys ..I need to retire so I have time ..included a couple pics of my version of Work area ..and a pic of Smitty RIP Lil buddy...Glad to see all you doing good..Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fords..Shelbys..John Deeres..Winchesters..Colt..S&W and O scale RR’er
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Holy smokes man! Nice gun room! Nice Winchesters too! I feel a chill......I better get my buffalo coat. :D
Sorry about the cat. We have one that looks just like that.

Well I was at camp today. I repositioned the jacks and put them on cement pads. Finally got the wheels off. Leveled it all out and got the blinds up. Tomorrow, I'm headed back up and build the other bunks.
snkbittin
Levergunner 1.0

Post by snkbittin »

Thanks OldWin! enjoy your camp and the weather
Fords..Shelbys..John Deeres..Winchesters..Colt..S&W and O scale RR’er
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

You bet! Thank you sir!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

We are talking organization there and some great stuff.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Wow snkbittin you certainly have some nice toys :!:
All my stuff is now in cardboard boxes since I moved, not enough space for hobbies or collecting. Sorry you lost your feline friend he looks so healthy in the photo.. :(

70f here and sunny.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

What happened to Six? Hope all is well. I sure hope he didn't take a ride to Cornville by himself.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I was wondering that myself, hope if that's where he is he doesn't take all the pretty Cornville gals before I can get there.... :lol:
4660935305_75fa133cd3_m.jpg
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Freedom is not needing to tell anybody anything.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Old Savage wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:22 am Freedom is not needing to tell anybody anything.
Especially wives and girlfriends :lol:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

How ever you choose to define it, extend it or limit it. Your call, your freedom.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Old Savage wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:51 pm How ever you choose to define it, extend it or limit it. Your call, your freedom.
Being English I only have a limited experience of freedom, that's why I'm usually on the wrong side of the social niceties.. :lol:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:01 pm
Old Savage wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:51 pm How ever you choose to define it, extend it or limit it. Your call, your freedom.
Being English I only have a limited experience of freedom, that's why I'm usually on the wrong side of the social niceties.. :lol:
I'm usually on the wrong side cause I'm an ignorant hick.
In other news, it's a fantastic day to be riding my old Harley. So that's exactly what I been doing.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I suspect you are both smooth operators under the cover of this hick identity.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey, I'm in Cornville almost every day. AND, I have a camp on a trailer frame in the woods.
I am too a real live hick. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Old Savage wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:22 am Freedom is not needing to tell anybody anything.
Well said Master Fred…well said. Thank you!——-your obedient and loyal subservient…————00
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Nobody needs to tell me anything.
Just hoping my friend was ok.

Well, she was some warm up here today.
We got the other set of bunks / couch all done. We had the deck for the upper all cut out but forgot it home. Doh!
We got the linoleum "counter top" on, the back splash on, and the faucet in too.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Jay, you've got a great cabin there, a lot of hard work and planning went into it and even if I was the head of PETA I would take up hunting just for the chance of spending the night there.... :D
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha thanks buddy. We are all ....
P. eople
E. eating
T. asty
A. animals

My buddy who owns the property next to ours was up fishing the stream down on our trail by the south line the other day. He texted me he found this about 100 feet off our trail.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

That would have looked good mounted on the Cabin.… 8)
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

The year I shot the 219lb 8 point, we had a huge 10 pointer in the area too. This one appears to be 9, and I don't recognize it from any trail cam pics.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

So, I'm running this machine tonight, when I see this button. Could it really be just this easy?
I've seen lots of things over the years that could have used this button. Lots of people too.
Wouldn't you know, this is one if the better running machines. The ones I'd like to see it on......? Nope!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I think I would wear that button out pretty quick these days, it's a pity Bud Light didn't have that button for their sales team.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah! It's just got so many applications, right?
The strange part is, this is the only one over ever seen.
We need a really big one to put on Washington.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Mighty quiet around here lately.... :?
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sure is buddy. Luckily, it's the internet, so it's not because we smell bad. :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well Six did say I stink ;-) … a little tame when he isn’t stirring things up.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

You all know what’s going on….your “Friendship fees” have not been paid so I decided to hurt you for non payment and breaking the loyalty laws.

Old Savage is one month behind
Jay is 2 months behind
GK was a week late but it showed up in the mail today and I forgave him because Air Mail is later than usual.

Broken loyalty laws can result in the millions.

I have yet to see the “R” word over at the Colt forum. The Ub, Taylor, T, Cim. words are forbidden in the rules.
Last edited by Sixgun on Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Oh! I shot the 32-20 rifle today that belongs to my buddy. 1 and 1/4” at 50 yards with 4 grains of 231 and a Lyman plain base 115 bullet.

He was over yesterday but I told him I wasn’t done playing with it.

Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

The Cornville Dog sends her regards.

Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Oh man!
I can't afford the fees, as I have to pay the rent on the space for the Politically Incorrect thread. And, it keeps getting bigger, so the price goes up all the time. Then there's the insurance, service fees........
It's tough out here. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ok, you’re exonerated because of the gifts you recently sent me and so is GK…….but the Old Savage guy has LOTS OF LOOT so he can take one day a week from the golf course and swingers clubs he frequents to make a payment. If he says something nice about the 32-20 I’ll pass payment for one month……..but if he sees me in person I’ll demand he wears the arm band I sent him, “”Friend of Six”.

You should see some of the Colts some guys have…..go to the menu and click on Historical Studies and click on Shooting Masters. The main moderator has a new one in every caliber with box and papers. I’m learning over there. I have yet to see Rossi in print. NO POLITICS in any form whatsoever, even in “The Lounge”. Then there’s the premium members lounge…..yea, I’m a premium member with no ads for $20 something dollars…….

Been checking out the Winchester forum…$50 a year but you better not ask, “what color socks you wear when you pick up a loaf of bread.”😀
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah, I stop in to the Colt forum once in a while. It's a good bunch, and they are very knowledgeable.
I don't post much cause I'm pretty outclassed there and I know it. I mostly keep quiet. It would be the same or worse at the Winchester forum.
Let's face it, at this stage in my life, I dont want to take it that seriously. :D

I got New York city taste, with a Cornville pocketbook.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I don't visit many forums, occasionally Shotgunworld and Rimfirecentral, Rimfirecentral has a NO POLITiCS rule but I kept pushing it until they suspended me.. :lol: I also took a lot of flack on that forum for stating my dislike of the Beatles, too many lefties with no taste on that forum.. :roll:
I'm also a member of the 16 Gauge Society a very friendly crowd.

As stated on another thread I watched " In Pursuit of Honour " last night a good movie.. 8)

72f here and quite pleasant.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well there you go, free entertainment.

Gk, if you really want to get their panties in a twist suggest that the present Paul isn’t the real Paul and point out that the philtrum to chin ratio is different. Nose to lip/lip to chin.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Now on the meat front going to have to give Six the good eye rating on the date, 5/17. I disagree with Sprouts on this and am quite sure Six doesn’t actually know what I do about cooking beef on the grill.

On the 32-20 - here is one he doesn’t have and with it’s own custom cross draw holster.

And a bonus pic of the Colt 45.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Screw all of those liberal Beatles……..

Now, on to Fred’s 32-20…….yes, I don’t have one but I could if I wanted to as it’s nothing more than a plane ticket to Lancaster, Ca., rent a car and wait for you to leave for the golf course.

I really do like that 32-20 of yours but my eyes have been giving out for some time now. Even shooting that ‘92 with a tang sight yesterday was not easy.
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

That safe cracking degree could come in handy.

I may have to get back into shooting again after the cataract surgery.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

This GK dude is just aces! :D
Haha! Thrown off RC. I love it. And yes......the Beatles suck. One of only a couple things my wife and I disagree on. The Stones make the Beatles look like a sad joke.

I know I'm in a huge minority, but I just never got into the 32-20. I only own one. A special order 1873 "wall hanger" I've never fired.
I have taken a couple for friends and developed loads for them and got em running. They are fun to shoot at the range, no doubt about it. As a field cartridge, up here, I'm not such a fan. It's me, not the cartridge. I can't really explain it or give a good reason. The 25, I like even less.
The 38-40 is king with me. I just like what I like.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ah, field cartridge … .357 in the Rossi Trapper.

And Ha? Music … taste … I would erase all the Beatles and all the Stones to keep the one hit wonders ;-)

30xxx, just don’t recall.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I agree on the 357.
While modern, it fills the roll of the 32-20 for my use. With the benefit of being easier to shoot in volume due to ease of loading.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

No offense Jay….the ‘73 in 32-20 is a big heavy clunker, akin to the 1876 in 40-60 WCF.

A Remington 25 is the same size as a .22 pump…the best rifle in 32-20.

The ‘92 Winchester is streamlined and solid.

The Colt Lightning in 32-20 is also a clunker.

Once you play with the 32-20 and realize it’s potential as a near dead quiet woods gun for mice to deer with its better sectional density than the 357, you will throw away the latter…..especially an R.

It would be nothing to pop a turkey at 150 yards with the 32-20.

Look at the difference in size between the Remington model 25 and the 14/141 Remingtons

Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

The only ones I've shot have been 92 Winchesters. I worked up a deer load for a friend's grandson. Me? I'd never use it for deer up here the way I hunt. I just have better options. If it was all I had, I'd use it. Same with 5.56.
I wouldn't waste lead on those useless turkeys. It's shotgun only on em up here anyway.
They are fun to shoot, for sure. It's just not worth the investment I'd have to make for what I'd get out of it. They are around, but not as plentiful up here as in many other places. The vast majority of guns chambered in that class of cartridge are in 38-40 around here.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Rem 25, there is one that has not shown up out here. Cool. Same with that Smith.