Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by Sixgun »

1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thanks buddy!
Yeah, me neither. I always was into Smith double actions, and Colt Single Actions.
Gramps is a 38 Special. The 41s are fairly scarce, but I always thought one of those in a 4" would be a well balanced rig.

Here's a pic I had of gramps Colt.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That ain’t nuttin to fix up….that gun shows class…….people today are too obsessed with perfect guns that are a hundred years old……..

Yea…wish that could talk…in those days the only laws that most people followed was murder, rape and robbery……everything else was handled by kin……..and in some cases, kin handled the wicked crimes too….”those were the days”……..today everyone is sissified and bums are protected……..I remember the last of the old union days and when those old heads talked, they meant it……I was straightened out many a time and when it came to my turn to “educate” the younguns, they went and ratted me out………..man! You didn’t do that in the old days.

Your gramps was a real deal bad azz and survival meant keeping your wits…..game wardens were found dead more than once……people had to eat and they didn’t care what they had to do to get their deer.

Those grips should be left alone…at the most, build up the chipped part with pv7 and then color it. Keep in mind those were the grips that gramps had his hand on…..those grips witnessed and did the pounding on a few skulls…..:D

That Colt will handle +P with no issue….not thousands but you can’t hurt it by running a few cylinders though it a few times a year. A soft 200 grain swaged bullet going 750 will knock down as good as a 45 auto.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah buddy. You "get it". I think that's why I never did anything with it. It was gramps Colt.
I packed it all one hunting season one year. I carried it in that holster in the picture. Gramp made it himself, and lugged that Colt over some mighty rough country. It shoots real well actually. I always ran a 158 SWC I cast myself over 4.5gr. of Unique. I knew I'd never hurt it with that.
Gramp carried it strong side, and packed his old High Standard model B butt forward on the left. Gram bought that HS for him over to Dakins in Bangor.

An interesting note:
Dakins was where AL Brady of the Brady Gang, and the FBI's public enemy no.1, went to order several Thompsons in 1937. He figured nobody would notice up here. It was quite the opposite of course. Nobody up here could afford Thompson sub machine guns. Mr. Dakin "dropped a dime" on him. He and his gang were staying in some rental cabins outside town, waiting for the ordered Thompsons. None other than Walter Walsh and some other G-Men staked out Dakins when Mr. Dakin called Brady to tell him his Thompsons had arrived.
There was a wicked shootout in downtown Bangor. Brady and one other gang member were killed. The other surrendered and was executed a year later.
There is a plaque in the street where Brady was shot to this day.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Wow! You do have “action” up there in no man’s land!!…….Has anything happened since?…..: :D

Funny thing, I’m watching gangster stuff right now with ma Barker and “creepy Karvis”. And Machine Gun Kelly…….the feds are holding his Thompson on old news reel….it’s the SAME Thompson I could have bought in 1976 but I didn’t have $3500 to spend…documented. Keep in mind this was only 36 years or so after it happened and you could buy a decent car for 3500……I talked to the guy on the phone and he told me what to do but I couldn’t come up with that kind of loot……today, I carry half that amount in my pocket.

NO DISRESPECT….but maybe your years are off a bit as I thought the NFA of ‘34 outlawed public buying of machine guns……maybe the sign is wrong….

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Ha! I always wondered about that myself. I dug into it a little this morning, and lo and behold it wasn't Thompsons they were buying. THAT makes more sense, cause I always wondered about NFA.
Apparently, it was Colt 1911s and a bunch of ammo. Of course, that raised suspicion too. Nobody here could afford those either. :D
I guess he wanted several, and when the proprietor showed surprise, Brady said it was for hunting season (it was October). This was the REAL reason they got suspicious and called it in.
I never could get over how stupid this guy was thinking he could come here and "hide". This was the guy the FBI couldn't catch? :D
He must have stood out like a turd in the snow.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ha! Whatever he was he sure wasn't a country redneck.......what he didn't know he had more to worry about from the locals than he did the law....he would have been better off blending in a big city and buying one gun here and another there and the ammo somewhere else......and that is precisely why the hood rats don't come out to the country to start their nonsense.....out here, we shoot and they know dat.......yea's m.ph, we's gona git yo stuff, but frst, we is gona have "da man" take yo's guns".

It's bad Jay...your away from it all but for me it's only 10 miles down the road.

It's Tuesday, your well rested and 45 is coming off from his date with Annie Oakley......can't wait to hear the stories.----00

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yup. Some ole hick with a 94 carbine would've salted them boys down. Them hundred dollar suits ain't bulletproof and they make good targets up here. :D

Got some great news last night. Cody and his family are coming home for a month this summer. Can't wait. That will be the longest we have seen him in 14 years.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

"Salted them down" :D That's a new one for me.....but......aim for the head, not the suit as you may need something to be buried in when the time comes. Sure beats being put in the ground with torn jeans and spray painted boots..

Well, you know something......I've never felt the need for a new/old gun in quite some time but I woke up today with a hankering for a Colt Army Special in 32-20. ...or in 41......these winters are hard on me and I need a new toy.....

Mmmmmm......hate it when I'm flush with new found loot....yea, a 32-20 with a 6" barrel with no chips on the grips. :D

Oh...great news on your boy...gives ya something to look forward to....every time my boy comes home he leaves about 10 pounds heavier, not in body weight but in something that usually says "Colt".....

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup haha. Never heard that one? No kidding?

Hey for real, I know a guy that got married in spray painted work boots. He rented the tux, but couldn't bring himself to rent shoes. No kidding bro. So he spray painted his work boots. Real hick from North Anson. A good buddy of mine had this guy marry his sister. He had two sisters, and man oh boy have i got some stories! That is gonna take more beer though.
Pretty rough.

As you saw, Gramps Colt is a 6". He preferred longer barrels. I'd like a 4" in 41. Guy on the Colt forum scored a sweet one a couple months ago.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Spray painted boots…….I’ve done it….last fall…….the boots I was wearing …light colored military boots were black with mud and grease…..nasty, so I spray painted them…….nobody ever said anything so I guess they looked OK…… :D

I like longer barrels…at least 5.5…easier and faster to hit with at distances more than say…..35 yards or so….

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

There's no doubt that a 6" is easier to shoot. No doubt.
However, for me a handgun is for close up work most times. 25yd and in. Sure, I play around with them at 100 yards, but usually at the range or messing around. In the field, if I think I will need something for 50 yards, I carry a short carbine most times.
When I'm packing a handgun, I'm usually in and out of vehicles, on and off four wheelers or sleds, etc. So I like a 4" most times.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Makes sense……..I like to show off at the club hitting the 10” plate at 200 meters…….it’s not that hard………

Yea…you know…salt em down out in the dooryard……:D

I’m still in my long johns from last night……never even walked outside…..now, if I had an Army Special to play with……

Got to get a life…….

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Now all I can picture is you in your long John's wearing an old Colt Army Special.
That's disturbing. :D

Most times, if I wear a 6" barrel revolver, I wear them cross draw. That way they aren't in the way getting in and out of vehicles. The cut off is a 5.5" SAA. Sometimes i wear them strong side, sometimes cross. Usually strong though.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well, don’t know what my neighbor thought when I took the two buckets of recyclables out to the end of the driveway…….all I had on was my long johns and a Carhardt jacket…….this guy is nosey as all hell too…amd is completely bald and he sits in his chair with a 20 watt light bulb and his 17” TV……looks like a white pimple in a sea of black and when I walk the driveway for something I’ll look over and see this pimple look up and out the window. I say to myself, “Come on pimple, stick it out the door and I’ll pop it”

For real, when someone I know comes over it’s usually a big truck of some sort…like a tree surgeon truck or a landscaper pulling a trailer….and he will come running over and jump in the conversation. If it’s a car or a pick up he will wait to see when I’m in the yard and then come over to ask me “who was that over your house with the red car”? One time last summer, I told him with a straight face, “the FBI.” …then he wanted to know what they wanted and I told him they were asking me if there were any strange people around here who are asking questions about other neighbors.

I pulled in with a load of 4x4 fence posts and as soon as I stopped he came over and asked for one to make a new mail box post. I told him to take whatever he needed, knowing that people who are 80 are 80.

Like I said Jay, I can’t remember seeing anyone over 75 at the gun club except one guy who could shoot a fly at 500 meters and he died last year…..

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

What caliber is this…it’s on a second year 1899 Savage.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Luckily, I don't have any neighbors like that. Well, except for the old man. :D

Wow! Nice Savage. If I'm not mistaken, that is the stamp used for a very early 1899 Chambered in 30-30. I know very little about Savages, however.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

You win….when I got it 25 years ago I thought it was a 303…..then I learnt real quixksy . That rifle shoots cast like a scoped bolt action…do you have any Savages? They shoot much better than the average Winchester. The only thing that will match them is a heavy barreled 86 and that’s only if the bore condition is nice….like that 40-65 I have.

Now, on to business………did you clean out the innerds of gramps Army Spl.? If you didn’t it’s easy……just pop off the grips, then the mainspring, then the screw and tap off the side plate……you can lose nuttin as long as you don’t tap too hard and even if you do it’s a no brained to see how everything fits in. Scrub that baby up with 2+2 or plop it in a sonic cleaner, blow it out with air then spray some ezzox and slap her together……keep carb cleaner away from the grips………and while you have them off, you can fix them……NOW!!….

After it’s all,together, load it up with the heaviest bullets you have and take it into Cornville and test her out on some skulls….that’ll make gramps proud.—-00

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Just got back from camp.
I've had a couple Savages, but nothing old or nice. Don't have any now.
Yes, they SHOULD be more accurate. No magazine hanging under the barrel, and a modern, strong lockup. One of the first "modern" rifles.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ok, get a shower then get back…….another boring day…….me and mom went out for eats and a stop at the uppity “Fresh Market” store….nothing but BMW’s, Volvos, Ferrari’s, Cadillacs, Mercedes Benz’s and one 12 year old Jeep in the parking lot…sure was easy to spot our car when we walked out…..on our windshield was an application for C.A.R.E. and a polite request to not park in their parking lot anymore as they don’t want people who use their parking lot when they are shopping at the Good Will next door.

...I swear, they must have a butcher shop in the back room…….blood is still dripping off their meats…….their sausage is done the way it should be, in pig intestines. Workers are dressed in ties and shined shoes….(for real)…..

I asked the lady at the counter if she knew a “Jay B.”). “Oh yes” she said, I believe he is from Cornville”……he’s always in here buying our leftovers and old dented cans.” and….”he always carry’s this big revolver with a chip on the grip”. I didn’t like that as she was supposed to be saving the dented and rusted cans for me.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Ha! That's funny, as every time I get down that way, I get the stink eye from toll booth people, cops, uppity types, and hotel managers.
Someone told me it was the Maine license plates with the "LOCAL" bumper sticker and dried up fiddleheads in the back of the truck. There used to be a tobacco streak down the side too, but that's been many years ago now.

Don't care much what anyone thinks buddy. I'm good, and there ain't an insecure bone in my body. I'm rich in what matters.
They don't like it.......I'll skin gramps Colt and salt em down! :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea bro! You salt em down and I’m coming next time as I want you to teach me how to salt em down…..afterwards, we can stop at Good Will for new clothes and a bite to eat at Jimmy Johns where hot dog prices have not changed since 1940.(.05)…….yea, they stink a little but after you load them up with hot sauce they taste great…..next door to Jimmy Johns is a cemetery and rumors are out as to how they keep their prices low.

Sheeeeeeeeeetttttt…..Maine ain’t got nuttin on Pa…..

On a serious note, uppity people are not uppity…..they just want you to think they are uppity. You and I could buy and sell a dozen at a time……it’s all on paper bro.

Stupid talk……can’t wait till this winter is over…..

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Holy smokes! I've been out in the garage with a T-shirt on! No, my garage ain't heated. It's freakin 50 degrees today. That's insane. It feels like summer. I had to rotate the tires on the Gladiator, and I was out there with the radio going and dubbing around. It was like summer.

I ain't dumb enough to think it's spring though. :D
Last edited by OldWin on Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Some mental images are burned into the brain……..you getting out of your truck with a T shirt on with temps in the high 30’s to maybe 40 will always be emblazoned into my memory……..along with Kristy in those heels and dress…….dang, I ain’t used to that stuff….we is farmers here…….you guys must have thought you were heading to high ground when you pulled into our driveway…..geeze, you were really going into an underground tunnel….

Well Jayster……raining here, maybe 50…………..burned the trash last evening…..we don’t have trash people here……..just the paper as the plastics, cans, etc. gets recycled and the only reason I do that is because the township picks it up for free, otherwise I’d just throw it out the window…we don’t have screens in this area yet…..

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah. Well, we knew we was headed down south and we'd heard a lot of stories. :D
When we were at my wife's relatives place, I was the one that stood out. Just an old Maine hick in a t-shirt. :D
I weren't lying though buddy. It did feel warm down there.
Kristy used to dress like that all the time cause of her job. She doesn't anymore. I can't remember the last time I saw her in heels. She mostly wears jeans, work boots, and a flannel shirt or sweatshirt since changing jobs. I call here "Rosie the Riveter" now. :D

Yeah......she still looks pretty cute though. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yes, she does…you’re lucky…….

Well, I have bragging rights….yes, again……and again….and again…..

Looks what the giant funnel in the sky dropped at my front door step today…(it was really the post office)

Good ole Jim T. sent me two of his books and it could not have come at a better time………gloom and doom sky’s for the last 3 months.—

Amazon has them if your interested…..

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey now! That's pretty cool buddy!
I used to read quite a bit. I miss it. Seems like now I have a bunch of it stacked up in front of me and I never have time to start on it.
Guess I'll have to just do it and let something slide.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey! I just remembered.......
The other night I mentioned my buddy who's sister married the dude with painted work boots.

Oh man.....these sisters.....where do I start....
I swear this is all true. I swear on all I hold dear.

My buddy's folks had a couple camps up to Moxie lake. Moxie is a man made lake northeast of The Forks made for logging during the river drive days. These camps ain't nothing fancy. Far from it.
My buddies sisters lived in a one room log camp all one winter up there. That is some serious country, with bad cold and several feet of snow in the winter. They stayed in this camp with no running water, no power, nothing.
The next spring, my buddy heads up to open up the camps and see if anything needs fixing. A friend went with him, and when they got there the friend got out of the truck first and walked into the dooryard. My buddy hears him holler WTF!? He gets in the yard and all over the place is piles of turds. Big piles. With newspapers, toilet paper, magazines, all over the place. They open the door and the place reeked so bad they started gagging. There was a 5 gallon plastic pail in there 2 thirds full. They had been using it as a toilet until it was full and dumping it right in the yard all winter. There was an outhouse right at the edge of the woods, but they wouldn't shovel a path to it.
Nasty.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Oh man!…….nasty………I bet they smelled good…..personally, if I saw that I’d tell them I’d be back when they got their lazy a. out and cleaned things up, including themselves……..there is ZERO excuse for filth. Staying clean and orderly is cheap……ahhh…a little mess here and there ain’t nothing but outright filthy is disgusting and shows the character of the inhabitants…..

If someone did any of that in any deer camp I was at, you’d be told to pack your s. and head out…..and don’t come back….

There a. cheeks were probably stuck together…..like completely smooth looking from behind….the crack filled up….maybe they used 50 grit sandpaper to keep it all even.

My neighbor is a state constable and he told me more than once that some of the houses he went in were beyond filth…..trash all over and just a small path around the house……one room would be used for trash …..was easier to do that than walk out back to the trash can that the city picks up for free.

Here, look at this…

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3age7u

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Oh man!
The thing I could never get over was it was GIRLS. I mean usually you don't see women do stuff like that. But calling these two women.........? Well....
Few years later, my buddy's dad died. My buddy lived about 40 miles east cause he worked the same place I did and didn't want to travel. The sisters were still local. So my buddy gets the call and goes home to see what needs to be taken care of.
The undertaker calls my buddy and asks my buddy to get his dad's false teeth and bring them in. My buddy goes over to his dad's and looks high and low. No teeth. He can't figure it out so he asks his sister that had been over to his dad's. She said she hadn't seen em.
A couple days later he's at the funeral and notices something looks different about his sister. Yup....she's talking funny. And it's the first time she's had teeth in years. :shock:
Yup. You guessed it.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

After years of working in Environmental Health I saw many houses that were disgusting beyond belief, it was one of my jobs to access what was required to clean them up and I had great admiration for the poor contactors that had the job of making these houses fit for human habitation. Strange thing was some of these filthy homes belonged to teachers and nurses who looked perfectly normal at work.
Six, I didn't notice anybody surfing at that beach..... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That GK!…….”surfing at the beach”. :D……well, look on the bright side…if your a small person there would be plenty of “surf boards” to climb on…....around here those Pakistani and India Indians are looked at as being smart. I tell them only the smart one make it here. The rest of em are as dumb as a box of rocks and unlike animals will s. where they eat.

Personal hygiene is the number ONE reason why people live longer today. Being a pig, s where you eat along with putting your thing in a cactus plant or other local trash can is what keeps the longevity rate down…….so…..if your in charge of a government and you can’t figure out how to feed your people……well……keep them dirty…

Ya know Jay…….I’m amazed at that story……I thought those things happened down in Alabama….I am a “visualizer” and being a visualizer gives you what’s needed to make jokes and to keep you alive in times of danger. I went to bed last night visualizing all of these foot long turds in massive piles with the local birds picking through them to get corn or peanuts……l

Wearing dads teeth……those things probably rattled around like coins in a glass jar….

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I swear those stories are true buddy. What a freakin bunch. Theres some rough places up here. My buddy was the only normal one in the family. Well, other than being a drunk hick like everyone else up here. Naturally, he got Huntingtons disease at about 45 and is a vegetable.
Those sisters will live forever.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

What kind of a vegetable is he? If he’s a carrot, he will go good with potatoes and gravy…..

You know, I’m thinking about that beach in India……imagine being in the water with all these things floating around, not paying attention and accidentally gulping one in.

No lie……the above brought back a memory……a buddy at work was down at the beach and in the water……..there was a kid around 8 and his old brother next to him when my bud notices the kids acting strangely…….a few seconds later this brown cucumber shaped thing floated to the surface………

It’s not just in Maine.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha no it ain't!
When we were kids, there was this guy up the street (he still lives there) that is a wicked jerk. Never worked, he let his wife do that. He had three big maples on his front lawn and used to tap them in the spring. He was always complaining about us riding sleds and dirt bikes up the sidewalk to get to the trail. His neighbors to this day hate him. One night, we all snuck out and went up and pizzed in his sap buckets. I think of it every time I see that a-hole out shuffling around to this day.

My dad was a volunteer fireman for 30 years here in town. I grew up in the fire station and was kind of a mascot. They took me along on trainings and to fires. Let me put on a Scott Airpack with a blacked out facemask and go in smoked out places for training. They'd all be in jail now for letting a 10yo kid do that stuff.
My dad has unbelievable stories of places they got into.
One place had a hole cut in the living room floor and a toilet over it with a draw curtain so they could watch TV. In the cellar under the hole was a 7 foot high pile of the worst filth imaginable.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

My Lordy….how you survived to be a decent citizen of Maine is 1000-1 odds! I owe it to your mom and dad, who obviously were good people. “A dump hole in the living room”. I’d beat my kid senseless if they missed the toilet bowl with the toilet paper…(not really, I’ve never laid a hand on them in a serious way ………..and it shows today……as it does your children.)

I’m not stupid…you’re protecting other citizens of Maine so you won’t think I relate them to you…..tell me more bro!:D

My daughter, who is a semi big shot with a pet medicine company had a meeting/whatever in Colorado on Monday to Wednesday this week hooked up with my boy and his very hottie girlfriend (I mean HOT) to ski for a few days in Winter Park, Colorado the rest of the week……….for real, I’m don’t do much anymore and they FaceTimed me today to show off on their skis and snowboards……they are good! My boy is good at snowboarding my daughter is good at skiing showed me and mom today what they are made of…..I’m proud that they have done MUCH better than me.

We both have done well Jayster……..let ‘em laugh…F the ones who criticize.

On some thing they call a ski lift…whatever dat be.

THATS MY BOY! I’m proud of him,….my daughter to the right and Miss Hottie in da back.

I’m. Lucky to get 5 miles from here…but that’s my fault—-6 and 3/8

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha nice pics buddy. Glad they got to visit.
My buds and I used to ski all the time when we were young. I have a small mountain about 5 miles from my house. I learned to ski there in about 75 or 76. We used to go every Saturday and then again on Wednesday nights, as they had night skiing under lights. It was awesome. Our parents would drop us off and then pick us up after the day was over. Never could do that now. When we could drive, we hit the big mountains. Sugarloaf, Saddleback, Sunday River.....we had a blast.

Oh let me see.......
There was this old woman who lived in this big old house less than a mile from me. She was a hoarder before that was a word. In the 70s, they just called em pigs. The house had no heat, power, or water. My dad said it was STUFFED with junk and there were little trails you had to crawl in. Try that in a bunker coat with an air pack and zero visibility. Anyway, the old lady kicked over a Coleman lantern in her sleep and set it on fire. It was what the boys called a "Roast", which is when there is a cooked body. They had to crawl single file in the paths and throw stuff over to the guy in back, which would throw it behind him.
My dad grabs a shoe box or something and pitches it over his shoulder. The guy behind him starts yelling in his facemask. The box was full if diarrhea and went down the front of him. The old lady would take a dump in a box and throw it on the pile.
The fire didn't do a lot of damage and they got it knocked down pretty quick. They had trouble finding her. She had a nest in all that stuff and they knocked a pile of stuff over her crawling around. The place was full of antiques. Thousands and thousands of dollars. Tiffany lamps.....all kinds of stuff. Dad said you'd pick up a book and thumb though it, there'd be a hundred dollar bill. Few pages later, a twenty. All over the house. She was a klepto, and there was all kinds of stuff she'd stole still in the packages.
Crazy.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

What’s her name? available?….heck,I don’t care if there’s lots of loot involved……I’ll take the soggy box and all. :D

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Dang…pushin 4 and I’m still on the go….not bad for an old 68er.—-party on dudes!,,

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hahaha! I think Green was the last name. All I remember.
Don't think I ever had a first name.
Used to be a fun place to hang out, back in the day. What a bunch that was. All those guys my dad hung out with belonged to the FD. There was a nice pool table upstairs, and we used to go up and play for hours. We'd run around and slide down the pole, climb on the trucks, and have a grand time. Saw my first dead bodies when I was maybe 12. Got a call one Saturday that two guys had fell down a well up on Bigelow hill. I tagged along that day for whatever reason. There was an old well on this lot 2 brothers bought. They were attempting to pump it out, but put the pump right beside the well. Carbon monoxide is heavier than air, so it sunk into the well. One brother went down a ladder and became asphyxiated, falling off the ladder down to the bottom. The brother realized what happened and went down to get him. He thought he was being smart breathing through a garden hose but was sucking his exhaled air back in. He became asphyxiated too, falling down on top of the first one. They laid there a while before one of their kids rode up on a dirt bike and found em.
We went out and the guys hauled em out, but they were long gone.
I learned a big lesson that day. Stupid hurts. That's why I'm mostly business and don't mess around.
We got back in the truck and all my dad said to me was, "That right there is why you're careful. If you're not sure about something, find out. Think. Dead is forever."
He never asked if I was OK or upset. Neither did the other guys. You just rolled with it back in them days.
But I never forgot.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Hey Jay, we got more in common......my dad joined the fire brigade in 38 and was a fire officer through the blitz after the war the company he then worked for had a private fire brigade that my dad was in charge of, every Sunday was practice day and as a kid I never missed a chance to play fireman, I too was a kind of mascot.... :D

Filthy people, yes I've seen quite a few, one old guy was taking a dump on the couch and covering it with blankets by the time his house got condemned there were several layers on that couch..and hoarders are common and the little paths through the junk must be a fireman's nightmare.

Never got to try out skis but loved tobogganing down anything that resembled a slope.... :lol:

55f and raining.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Wow! Respect for your dad buddy! That's big time serious.
Haha man! I didn't figure there was any Englishmen that nasty! Thats a pretty bad one! :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey! That’s sad..about the brothers…….sometimes people just don’t know how deadly that gas is…….unless someone taught you you were in the dark…..as 16 year old kids we would pile up in a rusty old car and head out to a parking place and smoke weed, etc with the engine running…..for hours….

Our firemen around here called them “crispy critters”………..

Sunshine and cold…34…——006

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Somehow…..I can’t get the sight of GK’s local citizen with the couch or the bucket in the dooryard at the cabin out of my mind…..

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup.
A couple years after those brothers died, I almost got my chance to be the kid on the dirt bike.
There was a bad house fire on that same road. My cousin and I had been there most of the day. My cousin was 4 years older than me and had his license. We had my dad's truck there. It was just getting "mopped up" and was mostly over so my dad wanted us to take his truck home and he was going to ride back to the station with the guys and we could pick him up there after the mopping up.
We went to my house and was sitting around the table. The radio chatter was on and low key until it was clear something had happened. There was a lot of excited radio chatter about "getting them out". A few minutes later a transmission came over that the cops had to "deliver a message" to my parents street address. My mom lost it, and we all waited for what seemed like forever.
The cop finally showed, but said that dad was ok and was taken to the hospital for minor burns and smoke inhalation. Dad and three buddies were inside when the upstairs caved in. Dad heard it start and started for a window but there was a couch in front of the window. The floor came down and pinned dad to the couch. Luckily, a couple guys saw him through the window, grabbed his bunker coat, and dragged him out. One guy got out, one got under a fireplace hearth, and one got pinned by his foot. Lucky.
The weirdest part was while we waited for the cop and my mom was freaking out, I sat there calm and quiet. I was thinking of how life was going to change, but I think deep down I couldn't believe something could happen to my father. He was superhuman to me.
Still is.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ya know Jay…..without getting into details, I’ve experienced the same with my dad and older brother……….you stay calm for 2 reasons…1.) your too young to know the consequences and 2.) somehow you know there’s always going to be someone else who knows what to do……. :

You can probably wrap them both up into one……when my brother went to VN, his plane landed on the evening of the Tet Offensive in Jan. of ‘68……while on da plane he was asking other experienced people, “ is there always bombs going off like this”? They all “hell no, we don’t know what’s going on! But at 14, my mother was crying like crazy when the news came on about the Tet…the only thing I was concerned about was coming up with .35 cents for a pack of Marlboros……

Your pops made it because somewhere along the line he made decisions that kept him from the center of the floor ……for real…..our brains kick in fast for self survival…..people just don’t talk about it…….Besides, your Pops knew that he had to stay alive because without him, your mom may have married someone else in a different state and you and I would never have known each other….it’s “destiny” bro…..I’m alive because of you and vice versa…:D….OK, the bs is over with…mom wants to go to Applebees for a steak and a blooming onion, whatever the f that is….——006 and 1/8

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yup. I'm done.

Hey man! Even I know what a blooming onion is.
Anyway....it's way better than being at work. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well Jayster…get ready for a laugh……me and mom cruise on out to Outback….1 hour wait…..(I don’t wait)…..Over to Texas Road House…TWO hour wait……I gave in and said let’s head over to Beaner restaurant…..(45 minute wait)…..well, I tell ya, I ain’t waiting 45 minutes to eat some special kind of Mexican beans……..we leave….go to Carrabbas …….1/2 hour wait…so we go in and give our name and sit down to wait…This place is a little classy but my 2nd. Amendment hat, jeans and military boots almost fit in….screw em………

While we are waiting for people to leave, an old timer…I mean 100 years old…..comes to check out and here I’m thinking and told mom, “what the hell is he eating for, he’ll be dead before his food is digested” ….and mom busts out laughing…….then we order a mess of good stuff and I ask mom, “what’s this thing for”….pertaining to a fancy piece of cloth….She says, “it’s for your lap”. I says, “I got more stains on these jeans that Carter has liver pills”…. :D………then the soup comes as an appetizer…….I dip my spoon in it and come up with one tiny noodle and a piece of chicken the size of a used primer…….like WTF?

The rest was good though…better than Jimmy Johns…. Walking out I passed gas for the people waiting in the lobby…..yep! We got rednecks here too.—-00

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hahaha that's a good one about the old guy! Nice! :D

Oh! And you may not know, but you made another one. Carter won't need those liver pills much longer. I heard he went on Hospice. Or is that Hoss-pizz?
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Oh boy! Your on em tonight bro…..

Ya know, I was having a good time tonight until I turned the news on…I’m gonna start taking your advice….ya figure, ain’t nothing you can do about it. It’s just there ain’t nothing else going on.

A fellow patron at the restaurant tonight says to me, “if there was something else to do I wouldnt be here throwing away a hundred dollar bill.