MOVIE - Winchester '73

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

MOVIE - Winchester '73

Post by rjohns94 »

Thats the movie I downloaded for tonights viewing. Going to put it on and load some .38's for my Marlin, Colt first gen, Smith model 60 Pro. Has to be one of my favorite J. Stewart movies of all time.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
dkmlever
Levergunner 3.0

Post by dkmlever »

Enjoy the movie one of my favorites!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

One of my favorites as well!

"Downloaded"? Again, I realize I am way behind the times, but I take it your are getting the movie from the internet? Is this like a rental, or are you buying it and burning it to a DVD disc?
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Ysabel Kid wrote:One of my favorites as well!

"Downloaded"? Again, I realize I am way behind the times, but I take it your are getting the movie from the internet? Is this like a rental, or are you buying it and burning it to a DVD disc?
What I'd like to know too. I got this fancy 17" laptop for school and it came with a DVD burner, so if I can download say, Outlaw Josey Wales tonight, I'd be stoked! :D
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I belong to Vongo, 9.99/month for unlimited movies off the net. Downloads to an encrypted file so you can't burn them to cd's but they stay in my movie library and I can watch as often as I want. I have the entire rifleman series, most of the older duke movies and hundreds of others. Most of the movies are older. But thats okay, I happen to like them.

By the way, loaded 300 rounds while watching the movie and the movie was awesome!!!!
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Thanks Mike!

I have seen the adds for NetFlix saying they too have some movies available for download. Wondered how this works. My problem would be getting my money's worth per month. I don't think I usually watch but one movie per month. Surprisingly, much of my descretionary time is spent on a certain forum on the internet pertaining to lever guns!!! :wink:

How are you healing up?
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

thanks for asking. My knee is allowing me to get around ok, though I have not had the operation yet, (find out tomorrow when/if that will happen) and my back is still a bit sore, in fact, has been getting more sore as i continue on this knee. I will know more tomorrow.
Mike Johnson,

Yodar
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Yodar »

rjohns94,

It is not a good idea to watch movies or television or anything else while reloading.

Too easy to get distracted and make a mistake.

Listen to the radio.

An old friend of mine used to like to watch Monday night football while reloading. I suggested to him that he not so do, but he didn't listen.
One evening he missed putting the powder charge in a .270 case he was reloading. When this round was fired, the primer had enough force to lodge the bullet in the rifling. His range session was over for the day.

Be safe.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Yodar,
I appreciate the warning. In my progressive, if the press does not throw the charge, I won't know till I shoot. Not enough real room to view the charge as it moves throught the press. My eyes are on the process as I prime the case, place the bullet and load another case. The movie was observed in and around those steps. Thanks again,

m
Mike Johnson,

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

rjohns94 wrote:thanks for asking. My knee is allowing me to get around ok, though I have not had the operation yet, (find out tomorrow when/if that will happen) and my back is still a bit sore, in fact, has been getting more sore as i continue on this knee. I will know more tomorrow.
Keep us posted!

I sometimes reload in front of the TV as well, but break it up into steps that allow me to check each step several times. It can be done safely - with care!