My 1895 saddle ring carbine is ready

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
tj3006
Levergunner

My 1895 saddle ring carbine is ready

Post by tj3006 »

I can pick it up anytime. its sitting at a cabela's about 110 miles away. I will probably head up there after work on friday night.
If you want a look at it, go to cabela's web site , click on the gun library,
go to the top and search 1895. Its the one that says its in wheeling wv. And lists a 1999 price.
Gotta get dies and probably try it out with factory 180 grain RNs .
they have a decent program going.If I should decide I don't want it, all I have to do is pay the shipping charge from the WV store to the one where I will be picking it up ...tj3006
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Congrats! Looking forward to the pics you'll post here (hint, hint :wink: )!
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Congrats! Looking forward to the pics you'll post here (hint, hint :wink: )!
+1 I can't find the pictures on Cabela's Gun libary anymore :cry: !Congrats 8) !
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

Post by deerwhacker444 »

This is the only one I could find in Wheeling that matched the $

Not sure if that's it or not.
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

Looks great! I have one just like it except it has the Lyman rear peep sight. That 30-40 Krag will give you a good shove in this model, but they are very accurate. I take mine deer hunting once a year. I take different old model Winchester lever each time I go out. It's fun, but it probably hurts my accuracy by taking different models; but I haven't came back without a deer each year anyway. :D
"That'll Be The Day"
bogus bill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bogus bill »

Here is mine in .30 army. (30/40). Mine dates 1931, right at end of production. It does not have the original rear sight. I had a friend put on a sight that the screw holes matched up so didnt butcher it. However I left the handguard off as it wont fit over this sight. I have dies and ammo. It shoots well. I bought it about 30 years ago.

Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I grabbed this little vintage 1924 .30-06 a couple of years back. Cost me $650. It has a perfect bore and mechanicals, but looks like a proper beater.I took the funky handguard off and stashed it, just in case. :)
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Rustolium
Levergunner 1.0

1895's

Post by Rustolium »

I wish I could find a 1895 for a buyable price!
shawn_c992001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by shawn_c992001 »

ImageImage
This is my 1895, serial number 1932 manufacture. The other pic is when I was setting the sights the high one was the first shot, the two together were the second and third, and the one over the bullseye was the last. Range was 90 yards.
SASS#43836
Ain't easy havin' pals.