Sonic cleaning fluid recycling

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
elmo123
Levergunner 2.0

Sonic cleaning fluid recycling

Post by elmo123 »

I like my sonic case cleaner but the fluid has never lasted more than a couple sessions before I had to change it because of the dirt but I finally found a way to clean it and reuse it. I use a pond pump that I bought from Harbor Freight a few years ago for $8.00 to pump the water off of the top of my pool cover. I put a 4' piece of 3/8" clear plastic tubing on it originally and a fuel filter for a 06 Ford Taurus fits nicely on the end of the tubing. When I am finished cleaning casings I dump the cleaning solution into a plastic bucket and put the pump in the solution pumping it through the filter into another clean bucket and it comes out as clean as it was when it was new. If you filter the solution after each cleaning session you can definitely extend the service life of the solution and prevent having to pay $22.00 for 32 ounces every few months.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Sonic cleaning fluid recycling

Post by Pete44ru »

A GREAT tip to start off the New Year !

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Brilliant idea!
I have been thinking about getting a sonic cleaner but the cost of the fluid was keeping me from pulling the trigger. Now that you have come up with a solution to the solution I just might get one!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Pete44ru wrote:A GREAT tip to start off the New Year !
+1.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

What a fine idea, elmo. Thanks!

I've been just kinda' pouring off the top two-thirds or so for re-use, but running her through a filter would be a lot better.

When I got my sonic cleaner I just assumed that soap and water would work almost as well as their cleaner solution, but it sure doesn't in my Harbor Freight special. What the heck do they use in these cleaner solutions anyway?
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
elmo123
Levergunner 2.0

Post by elmo123 »

I tried pouring it through a coffee filter but that was a mess and a waste of time. After it has been filtered it works as good as when it was first poured in the sonic cleaner.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I just dump my used cleaning fluid into the storm drain over by the EPA office.

:o
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.