Gunsmith for Winchester 1892 clone?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Naphtali
Levergunner 2.0

Gunsmith for Winchester 1892 clone?

Post by Naphtali »

The only gunsmith who specializes in Rossi/Puma 92 lever rifles I'm aware of is Steve Young. He is booked far into the future. I have a Rossi/Puma 92 on which I need substantial work done. Please identify gunsmiths whom you trust to do good action AND stock work on the rifle.
It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Gunsmith for Winchester 1892 clone?

Post by Tycer »

Are you remotely mechanically inclined? If so, buy Steve's DVD, mag follower and ejector spring and a set of hollow ground screwdrivers and do it yourself.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Naphtali
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Naphtali »

Tycer wrote:Are you remotely mechanically inclined? If so, buy Steve's DVD, mag follower and ejector spring and a set of hollow ground screwdrivers and do it yourself.
Tycer:

Steve's DVD doesn't begin to address what I want done - rebarrel, modify lever, restock, . . . et al. This is far beyond my skill, probably beyond the skill of most parts-replacing gunsmiths. This is the reason I'm asking forum members for help.
It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Naphtali wrote:
Tycer wrote:Are you remotely mechanically inclined? If so, buy Steve's DVD, mag follower and ejector spring and a set of hollow ground screwdrivers and do it yourself.
Tycer:
Steve's DVD doesn't begin to address what I want done - rebarrel, modify lever, restock, . . . et al. This is far beyond my skill, probably beyond the skill of most parts-replacing gunsmiths. This is the reason I'm asking forum members for help.
Sometimes... you just have to wait and get it done right... You might contact the "Cowboys & Indians" store, or "The Cowboy Shop", or even "The Smith Shop". These feller's general expertise is with the 1873 and other toggle link guns, but... they might know of someone besides Nate.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I am not condescending on your rifle but what you are talking about would require a major amount of loot and why would you put that kind of money in a Rossi? Rossi's are OK for what they are, but in my not so humble opinion are not worth sinking over a thousand into. I know, it's none of my business stating this but why not start with a gun of higher quality, like a Miroku or even an original.----6
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..