Sidecar

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Sidecar

Post by Gobblerforge »

Well now that spring is popping, I have been getting some miles on the sidecar I built over the winter. Used a car body from I think the 90's that had never been used and built everything else from scratch. I plan on going to the AMCA April meet in Pa that will be about 1000 miles round trip and need more shake down miles. So far everything is working together.
Gobbler
Frankie ready to ride,
Frankie riding
My buddy Paul ready to ride with Frankie
Click Click Boom
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Sidecar

Post by BenT »

Was it hard getting the wheel set up at the correct angle.
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

I rode someone's rig one time back when I was young and had good reflexes. It was very challenging and required me to forget most of my normal instincts. If this is your first time, go slow and stay out of traffic.
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Very cool..... I'll bet Odie (The standard poodle that owns me) would like something like that.....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

BenT. No it was pretty easy, actually. Since I was building from scratch, I was able to build from both ends with one weld at the end that had to be right. I have 1/2 inch toe in at 6 feet with a slight lean towards the bike empty that lessens as the load goes up. I spent a lot of time reading about them before I started as well as a night welding class to improve my skills. I wanted this one to work from the start. I need to get a picture of the suspension I built with the sidecar off. It works great.
Lark. I had no problem with it at all. I have ridden two, three and four wheel things all my life and never did have any issues jumping from one to the other.
Blaine. No doubt. One of the cool things is to be able to pet the dog at stops. Then there is the storage. I pack a lot of stuff and there is still a lot of space in there.
Click Click Boom
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Man that is so cool! My son and I bought a Cozy, (made in India) last summer and have yet to put it on anything. Maybe this will get me off high center and I'll start to put it on the 66.

Have you seen the one that our old friend Pitchy built with the wheel that leans with the bike. I didn't want to take on the engineering project that would require.

I've had one on a couple of bikes and never could warm up to them but my balance is terrible now so maybe the time has come.

Good to hear from you.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

Looks like you did a great job on it. I would never know that is was homemade. You done a great job forming the body on it. Have fun and be safe.