Anyone else have Anthem insurance

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Anyone else have Anthem insurance

Post by hondo1892 »

If any one here has Anthem insurance they were hacked and a bunch of private info was stolen. I don't have Anthem but because I live outside of the state where I have insurance from, everything goes through anthem. Don't know why it has to be that way. Anyways they are providing 24 months of ID protection. If you haven't received a letter yet you may want to contact them. My letter stated it was because I lived in one of fourteen states outside of Michigan. I don't know if anthem only takes care of fourteen states or it just does that many states for the Michigan company. Don't you just love having all your personal info floating out in syber space for hackers to steel. Yet another example of the government helping us out.....not.
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Anyone else have Anthem insurance

Post by tman »

ID protection insurance is as big a scam as the hackers themselves. Sometimes I think they work together. Nobody can protect your info if you put it out there in cyberspace. Don't fall for it. Don't put your info out there.
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

tman its already out there since the new healthcare act became law. I wouldn't bother with ID protection if I had to pay for it. But Anthem paid for the service and you don't have to sign up to be covered. It can be used any time in the next 24 months if you have a problem identity theft.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Go here https://www.anthemfacts.com/ and sign up for it, if for no other reason than to make sure Anthem PAYS for their idiocy.

Thanks almost entirely to ANTHEM, I've had to go over a year without a paycheck, and their threats and intimidation to physicians have resulted in many physicians either quitting practice or converting to a style of practice that is designed to 'game the insurance rules' vs. actually provide cost-effective, quality, patient care.

Anthem = The Great Satan.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

I keep hoping someone will steal my financial identity. All it will do is make THEIR life miserable and make mine legally deniable...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

We got the letter from Anthem, too. Their Regence/Blue Cross wing was our insurer through 31 Dec. 2013.
SteveR
Senior Levergunner

Post by SteveR »

Now I know why DR's wouldn't see me with my BlueCross/BlueShield. I hate these scum insurance companies.

Sorry to hear Doc, hope you get paid.

Steve
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

Doc, I think health insurance period is THE problem with health care. Oh and the government. Sorry that you got hosed by Anthem. I have little choice in the coverage other than moving back to Michigan and take one of the other plans that my former employer offers. But some of the other plans are owned by BC/BS.