high speed camera, underwater plinking

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

high speed camera, underwater plinking

Post by Grizz »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp5gdUHFGIQ

fun and good info. the bubble that the bullet runs in, and the shockwave in the photo, form the basis of the explanation for the penetration performance of wide flat meplat ammo at reduced velocities. it is thought that as velocity increases the bullet can outrun the shockwave in the substance it is cruising in, and that slows it down.

I have seen the same thought applied to spitzer shaped projectiles, the russians rumored to have a supersonic torpedo.

anywhoo, the video has entertainment value.

is it my eysight playing tricks on me, or does the barrel deflect downward just before the bullet exits?

Grizz
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Re: high speed camera, underwater plinking

Post by 7.62 Precision »

AK receivers flex a bunch and barrels too. The barrel usually does dip before and after the bullet exits on an AK. It is amazing how whippy some rifles can be and still hit a target.
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

It does flex down. Cool. I would think water in the barrel would "plug" it and cause a barrel failure. Why didn't it I wonder?
Gobbler
Click Click Boom
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Show this video to your school kids. It goes a long way to explain why they need to learn math and physics and how much fun they can be.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS