Savage 99 article in Blue Press

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pdentrem
Levergunner 2.0

Savage 99 article in Blue Press

Post by pdentrem »

There is a small 2 page article in July 2014 Blue Press from Dillon on the Savage 99 and a the life of Arthur Savage as well.
Pierre
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Savage 99 article in Blue Press

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Yup , Got it but haven`t read it yet. I have never been a fan of the 99 but lately I have been seeing and liking them more. Maybe it is an acquired taste???
Kinda like the 1911 (for me), I have owned a couple of them in the past but never fell in love with them, now I have three. :?
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Here we go, with me starting it...away from the thread........99's shoot like bolt guns. One of my biggest mistakes in the gun collecting field was bypassing the old 1899's in 38-55, 32-40, 25-35, 30-30, etc in favor of 1886's and other Winchesters back in the seventies and eighties when the Savages
could be had for half of a Winchester. I did manage to snag a few of the nice early ones but not as many as I should have.---6
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
MacEntyre
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MacEntyre »

My 1941 99 in 300 Savage is lighter than my 30-06 Browning 1895 and my 308 BLR, and it holds 5+1... the 95 and the BLR will only hold 4+1. The only thing I can say bad about it is that is doesn't have a straight stock... but it does shoot straight! I had a 1929 straight stock takedown 99, but I think the barrel was worn out.

The Arthur Savage story is fascinating! I can't wait to get my Dillon Blue Press in the mail to read about it all over again!
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

A repeating falling block! What can ya say...
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Didn't see this before I posted... so I deleted mine. I found it interesting, and chock full of info I didn't know previously.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!