Got my BD gift

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Got my BD gift

Post by madman4570 »

Guys,
I promise not going to mention how much I can bench etc. :roll:

You know when you find things that are extremely reasonable and built extremely well with the company building such being honorable and just darn right good people. I have found what I think represents one of those companies.

Here is something that I thought some of you fellows would love and when watching the video(full screen)look how they build their stuff.
I honestly do not see how they can for the cost they charge? What is wonderful with this machine is you can use 5lbs if wanted and work up or go from get go being king kong---you make the call.

I deal right with the company(owner)and he gives me aprox even 10% their price shown.

So for like $265 (shipped) what a Heavy Duty unit and so many things can be done on it and it should last decades. Also takes up extremely little space. This time I bought this guy and also their plate stand and preacher bench for my BF-48 I got last year.
Even the two bars and HD pull chain comes with in(everything but weights)

How they can build and ship for $$$ I have no idea, just I love their stuff. Good Luck

http://valorathleticsinc.com/store/CB-1 ... 16352.html

ps-here is the other two items
http://valorathleticsinc.com/store/CB-6 ... 16164.html

http://valorathleticsinc.com/store/BH-9 ... 16347.html (wife was happy with this one had 1300 lbs of plates on floor under stairs where she wants the chest freezer)

and last year
http://valorathleticsinc.com/store/BF-4 ... 16346.html also have a power rack squat cage.
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Got my BD gift

Post by jazman »

Good looking machine, and it looks very sturdy for the money.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Yep,

Nothing fancy just good USA made rugged stuff priced extremely reasonable.
I have been in gyms as a business that used worse stuff.
Again the wife will be using it a lot and even their seats/pulleys/chaining/cabling is good stuff.
Just refreshing these days. :wink:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

So how much can you bench?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Old Savage wrote:So how much can you bench?
:lol: :lol: :oops:

Fred! You rascal :lol:

You know what ?
Getting older (Its that half century deal)and having a couple buddies doing the one time King Kong deal and just lately really messing themselves up and they are younger than me. It has changed my thinking some as of late.

And, I have figured a way (for me presently)to get the most for the least expenditure.
I have my bench (always setup with same weight for me) 2-45lb and 2- 35 lb plates and the Olympic bar/collars.The wife has her own bench with only her special don't touch colored various colors bumper plates. :lol:
What I do now is keep 205lbs on the bench. That is my warm up weight cause my warm up is part of my sets.(it is light enough)
I do (5)sets of 15-20 reps of 205lbs.
By set number 5 with little rest time between, about 8-10 mins- I am down to 15 reps last set. Then I sit up on bench count to 15 taking deep breaths lay back down do 3 reps. sit back up on bench and count to 5 and then do 1 rep. I am Done with bench.
Do this routine only on Tues and Fri.

This way the weight I use is light enough to avoid any strains but works me some.
Though doing it this way I at least keep where I am actually gain some but not like when I was doing much heavier stuff, but now I am looking for the long haul to at least do this to age say 70 heck maybe beyond! :D then I guess it will be all right to lose maybe couple reps? But of course with same weight though. :lol:

Actually also been doing a lot of cardio lately, via mountain climbing and on a NordicTrack Pro Skier. Couple hrs a day.
The Nordic is really great for maintaining good balance too.

Larry