Which scope base/mount for a Winchester 94AE .357 carbine?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
ursavus.elemensis
Levergunner 2.0

Which scope base/mount for a Winchester 94AE .357 carbine?

Post by ursavus.elemensis »

QUESTION: I need to put a scope on a Winchester 94AE .357 carbine, and I am wondering what scope mount to get and where to get it. I've looked at bunches of these online, but I am not seeing one that specifically says: "This is for the Winchester 94AE, and you can't go wrong using it." Help! Thanks !!

Background:
I have a Winchester 94AE .357 Trapper that I really love. It came with a scope mounted on it. I had to get a Winchester 94AE .357 carbine, you know, to gfo with the Trapper so it would not be lonely. I plan to fire .38 Specials from the Trapper and .357 Magnums from the carbine. That way I do not need to re-zero the scope each time I want to shoot 38 instead of .357, or whatever.
"A Prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people"
-The Declaration of Independence
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I would probably vote for the Weaver.

The bottom here is Weaver and the other is Leupold.

In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

And you should be able to get either from Brownells
Here are the Leupolds

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/ ... %20-%20S-W
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan