Some comments made about Charlton Heston..

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
bigbore442001
Levergunner 3.0

Some comments made about Charlton Heston..

Post by bigbore442001 »

I was shocked when Mary told me that Charlton Heston passed away. I know that we will all go but it was something that was a bit of a surprise. I had always liked his movies and admired his character. He had real values as an American and as a family man.

I looked at some news services such as the BBC and MSN that had comments about his passing. It makes me want to vomit. There are some people who are making some pretty poor comments about his conservative views and his support of our constitutional rights. I do have to acknowledge that many comments came from other nations where gun ownership is non existant or for the government. All I can say is that Charlton Heston probably said it best when it comes to people like this.

After hearing an unkind remark made about his condition by George Clooney, nephew of Rosemary Clooney: "It's funny how class can skip a generation, isn't it?"

People, that comment hit the nail on the head. Many of those who posted such vile comments have fit the definition.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I am sad to hear of his passing. 99% of the clowns in hollywood coulden`t start to fill his shoes. :cry:
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

I'm sad at his passing... but not because of how the Vichy used him in his dotage as a "pro gun" icon.

He was never "pro gun" - and in fact was 100% anti "EBR".

But he was a great Movie Jew... (Moses and Judah Ben Hur) and I give him 100% props for that.

But not for being an NRA shill...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
JohnnyReb
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JohnnyReb »

Heston marched in the civil rights movement in '64 and '65 but the liberal press seems to forget that about him.

At that time most of his fan base probably didn't support him for that stance..... but as a man of character, he did what he thought right regardless of the conseuqences to his career. Find that character trait in modern day actors or politicians.....
Redneck suicide note: Here, hold my beer and watch this!!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Character trait?? I'd just like to find some Character in modern day actors and politicians. Charleton Heston was a great man. May GOD have mercy on his soul.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost