stingers

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

stingers

Post by Mescalero »

Found a box of stingers in my stuff, $2.46 a box.
Wonder how old that one is?
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Re: stingers

Post by Grizz »

Mescalero wrote:Found a box of stingers in my stuff, $2.46 a box.
thought this was an AA topic :)
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

AA?
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Anti -Aircraft?

:?:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Mescalero wrote:Found a box of stingers in my stuff, $2.46 a box.
My boxes are marked $1.98. I bought them at half that price when our Howard's (like Kmart, Gibson's, Walmart) store closed up back in 1987 or so. So yours are probably about the same age.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Sounds about right.
arjunky
Levergunner 3.0

Post by arjunky »

I've got a couple bricks at home with a picture of the old shot up soup can. Probably late 70' for 14.96 a brick.

Byron
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

arjunky wrote:I've got a couple bricks at home with a picture of the old shot up soup can. Probably late 70' for 14.96 a brick.

Byron
Post a picture please :D I've only ever seen it in the little blue plastic boxes.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
arjunky
Levergunner 3.0

Post by arjunky »

vancelw wrote:
arjunky wrote:I've got a couple bricks at home with a picture of the old shot up soup can. Probably late 70' for 14.96 a brick.

Byron
Post a picture please :D I've only ever seen it in the little blue plastic boxes.
The boxes are still blue, the soup can is on the carton.
I'll post some pics tonight when I get home. I think I have a couple cartons of Xpediters too, Anybody remember them. They came out before Stingers in the 70's.

Byron
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Yep,
Tried every one I could find.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Mescalero wrote:AA?
yeah, thought you had stumbled on a crate of missles, or some such thing... Heh
arjunky
Levergunner 3.0

Post by arjunky »

vancelw wrote:

Byron
I forgot I had two different ones. They must have got in trouble for using Campbells Soup in the earlier ones. :lol:

Byron
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

There's a flicker of recognition there. Nice thing about getting older is there's more stuff to learn everyday :D

Beside Campbell's wanting royalties (or whatever) I'm sure they got harangued for wasting food :roll:
Ravenman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Ravenman »

CCI Stinger - I would say late 70 early 80. Way cool picture - Winchester Xpediter. That was nice ammo too. Fast and accurate. I claim the CCI Stinger of today is far better than the older stuff. How is your experience?
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Have not bought or shot any new stingers in MANY years.
arjunky
Levergunner 3.0

Post by arjunky »

Ravenman wrote:CCI Stinger - I would say late 70 early 80. Way cool picture - Winchester Xpediter. That was nice ammo too. Fast and accurate. I claim the CCI Stinger of today is far better than the older stuff. How is your experience?
Its not target ammo by any means. Stingers shoot a little over 1 inch groups at 75 yards with my 94/22. I guess I don't need to shoot any better than that for what I'm using it for. :D
Byron
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

I haven't bought any Stingers in a long time. I have a few of the 50 round boxes, they are not real accurate but like arjunky says they are real good for what I want. I keep an big old German single action 22 sixgun on top of the fridge loaded with them, it's been there for what ever is needed for a lot of years. They will get the job done.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

That is cool. I started buying them in the 80s when I was old enough. My Dad never cared for any of the fancy unproven stuff, and stayed with his Federal copper coated .22 in the red box. My Brother and I tried Stingers, Yellow Jackets, vipers, and those ones that were supposed to be prefragmented into 3 sections. I still like the accuracy from the plain little HP loads, but the Stingers do some awesome damage to a watermelon.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost