Inspiring to me.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Inspiring to me.

Post by Gobblerforge »

I may not understand the words but the message come through loud and clear.
Get busy living, or get busy die'n.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... ksdBSVAM6g

Gobbler
Click Click Boom
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Inspiring to me.

Post by Pitchy »

One last hurrah, good for them 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Very kewl.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Thanks Gobbler, I guess I keep riding for the same reasons as those guys. Part of it's for the memories.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

M. M. Wright wrote:Thanks Gobbler, I guess I keep riding for the same reasons as those guys. Part of it's for the memories.
I'm still making new memories :wink: 8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

I guess we all need to be reminded from time to time.
You only get one crack at life, make it worthwhile.
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Thank you for posting this. I'm a member of http://tw200forum.com and one of the oldest and most frequent posting members - one that is revered on this forum passed away recently. He was by all accounts a great man. Being new to the forum, I never got the chance to meet the man but I wish I did.

This video made me think of him - based on the many accounts and comments made about him by the members that knew him. Thanks for posting it so I could share it over there.

If you're not familiar with the Yamaha TW200, it's kind of the levergun of motorcycles. And they seem to attract the same sort of people. Good people.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

O.S.O.K. wrote:Thank you for posting this. I'm a member of http://tw200forum.com and one of the oldest and most frequent posting members - one that is revered on this forum passed away recently. He was by all accounts a great man. Being new to the forum, I never got the chance to meet the man but I wish I did.

This video made me think of him - based on the many accounts and comments made about him by the members that knew him. Thanks for posting it so I could share it over there.

If you're not familiar with the Yamaha TW200, it's kind of the levergun of motorcycles. And they seem to attract the same sort of people. Good people.
I really wanted a TW200....but, me and my 27" inseam can't flatfoot that sucker by a long shot :(

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Blaine, so your avatar really is you! :lol: JK

The TW is about as low as you're going to get for an off-road capable bike. Unless you go 100% off road and get a Rokon! Those are too cool for school but strictly a trail mule.

I totally understand what you're talking about though - my inseam is 30", so I really appreciate the TW's lower seat. I can flatfoot it no problem but I did add an ATV pad on the seat due to the fact that my rump would really start to smart after about and hour's drive on it - and so, now I have to tip toe a bit :) But I don't mind - the trade-off is good.

Here's my bike:

That's a Coleman ATV pad and I got it at wallyworld - $16! Fits the TW like it was made for it - almost.

It now sports a "jimbo shield" which is just right - breaks the wind but not overly bulky, and I just ordered some hand guards. Other than that, I'll install a cycle rack so I can carry some gear in addition to a small backpack.

I really enjoy riding this thing - makes me feel like a kid again.

The TW200 board is putting together a meet-up in the Arkansas ozarks this spring - planning on taking it for that - probably on a trailer though - a bit too long of a ride for this baby. It cruises at 60 mph... not a highway rig in any way shape or form. Great for the state highways around here though!

Besides the pure fun of it, I decided on this because it gets 60-80MPG depending on how you ride it of course... in the case of bad times, it'll provide a lot of from here to there without burning a lot of gas...
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Gobblerforge wrote:I may not understand the words but the message come through loud and clear.
Get busy living, or get busy die'n.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... ksdBSVAM6g

Gobbler
If you didn't catch it, there's sub-titles on the bottom. You have to X out the banner ads to see them.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
Birdman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Birdman »

That was a whole lot better than setting around waiting to die. FTW, let's ride!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Birdman wrote:That was a whole lot better than setting around waiting to die. FTW, let's ride!
Dang Straight!

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

O.S.O.K. wrote:
We refer to it as the "Toad Wart 200 " I tell everyone who test drives mine "Respect the power" :lol:

I could work in the Circus with mine.