POLITICS - Public School Disses Military Heroes

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

POLITICS - Public School Disses Military Heroes

Post by Ysabel Kid »

From today's "News & Views" from Chuck Muth...

PUBLIC SCHOOL DISSES MILITARY HEROES

"Vets for Freedom is a nonpartisan organization established by combat veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan," explains the group's website. "Our mission is to educate the American public about the importance of achieving success in these conflicts by applying our first-hand knowledge to issues of American strategy and tactics in Iraq."

To that end, the organization - led by its executive director and Bronze Star recipient Pete Hegseth - is in the midst of a national bus tour featuring decorated military veterans, including:

* David Bellavia, recipient of both the Silver and Bronze Stars for valor, and the Conspicuous Service Cross, New York State's highest award for combat valor. Bellavia has also been nominated for both the Distinguished Service Cross and the Medal of Honor for his actions in a fierce urban hand-to-hand fight in the battle of Fallujah in November 2004.

* Marcus Lutrell, a former U.S. Navy SEAL and Petty Officer First Class who was awarded a Purple Heart and the Navy Cross for combat heroism on the front lines in Afghanistan. If you haven't yet read his book, "Lone Survivor," get it today. Absolutely unbelievable.

* Marco Martinez, the first Hispanic American since the Vietnam War to be awarded the Navy Cross, the second-highest honor awarded a U.S. Marine. He was recognized for his heroic actions in Iraq where, oblivious to his own safety and armed only with a grenade and a rifle, single-handedly took out a building and the enemy forces within it because it posed a threat to his squad.

* Jeremiah Workman, who lead three assaults to extricate Marines trapped in a besieged building in Fallujah, Iraq, during clearing operations on Dec. 23, 2004. For his actions, Workman was awarded the Navy Cross, an honor second only to the Medal of Honor, for "extraordinary heroism."

I bring this up because the group was scheduled to stop at Forest Lake High School in Minnesota yesterday, the school from which Pete Hegseth graduated in 1999. "The stop in Forest Lake was supposed to involve about 150 social studies students and was going to be closed to the public but open to the media," reports the Star-Tribune. However, "the school had received several phone calls from parents and others, some of whom indicated that they may stage a protest if the event took place."

So the school's principal bowed to the anti-military pressure and told these American heroes to take a hike. That's right, Principal Steve Massey cancelled the event, saying it was too political!

"I think it's extremely unfortunate that a school would bow to the political pressure of outside groups and not bring in a veterans organization," Hegseth told the Star-Tribune. "Are we saying that patriotism and duty and honor have no place in our public schools?"

Geez, Pete. With all due respect, where have you been?

Oh, that's right. Fighting a war and getting shot at. Never mind.

Yes, patriotism, duty and honor apparently have no place at Forest Lake High, where Dr. "Blood-and-Guts" Massey, threatened with phone calls and protest signs, as opposed to bullets and grenades, headed for the hills with his tail tucked firmly between his legs, leaving a yellow streak a mile long behind him.

Well, it's too late for the students of Forest Lake to meet some of our greatest modern-day American heroes, but it's not too late to tell Steve Massey exactly what you think of his heroic stand against "several phone calls from parents and others." Here's the contact information.

Forest Lake Area High School
6101 Scandia Trail N.
Forest Lake, MN 55025
651-982-8400
Principal Steve Massey
smassey@forestlake.k12.mn.us

What a pathetic little worm. Massey should be tarred and feathered and ran out of town on a rail! Freaking coward! :evil:

"America is not at war. The Marines are at war. America is at the mall". How sadly true. It's idiots like this with their heads so far up their rumps that show just how accurate that statement is! :(
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

It just ain't fashionable to be proud or patriotic any more, if you want to impress your fellow peers these days you have to show them how far under a rock you can crawl! :evil:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Marlin336W
Levergunner

Post by Marlin336W »

Might as well just go ahead and burn books. I mean watching this country die is starting to kill me.

I can't believe what cowards we have raised.
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

Here is the e-mail I sent. I wonder if he'll have any idea what I'm saying.

Mr. Massey,

I'm surprised and disappointed to hear that you denied your students the opportunity to meet with and learn from a group of genuine American patriots. Your actions, which have obviously gained national attention, only lend credence to the growing opinion that the academia of this country are completely and blindly anti-American. It also clearly shows that you feel that these men are on a youth brainwashing mission, to further the cause of a war you personally do not support. Apparently you'd prefer to be the only one with the opportunity to do the brainwashing.

Whether you, a group of parents, or anyone else, does not support the war is far beside the point. These men gave for their country, risked all, and sacrificed much to serve in our place. This kind of faith and patriotism should be set forth as an example for the young, regardless of which campaign a veteran has fought in. Most of our kids are living in an insulated cocoon of support and comfort, afforded by affluence and freedoms sustained by American soldiers and sailors. The actions of these patriots must be supported presented as a model for our youth; not turned away as if they were recruiters for the KKK or Al Qaeda.

The small bit of good that comes out of this is my own renewed determination to keep a closer eye on the actions and policies of my local schools, especially where patriotic citizenry is called into question, or has been denied.

I hope you reconsider your actions, and your own sense of patriotism, for the future of our kids and our country.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Well Said, Homefront.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Very well said homefront! :D

And they wonder why so many parents turn to homeschooling...
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I managed to contain my language to spineless worm, coward and traitor...... I just don't do that sort of thing very well.....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

game keeper wrote:It just ain't fashionable to be proud or patriotic any more, if you want to impress your fellow peers these days you have to show them how far under a rock you can crawl! :evil:
Remember all of the flags being flown, and all the "Never Forget" bumper stickers after 911, and the almost unanimous support when the war started. Well, I guess a lot of folks have darned short memories. Funny, how those who won't serve that turn on those that do when things get even a little bit tough.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

Jeepnik,

It's the ostrich mentality - hide your head, and it goes away.
Fighting wars is for someone else. We all live in the insulated cocoon. :cry:
pshort
Levergunner 3.0

Post by pshort »

Howdy,
My note was more along the line BlaineG spoke of...

Paul
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Even though Sean Connery is an anti-gun jerk, his character in the movie "The Presidio" said it well. I think it was like this, "We're like guard dogs which are used when people are afraid, but they want us hidden away in cages when there is peace" If someone else has the movie, or remembers it better word for word, please correct me. It was during the scene when he was drinking and talking with his old Sergeant-Major.

Cowards always hate the brave because of jealousy. It takes a grown up to respect someone for doing something that he may not be capable of doing. Not the hero worship we give to athletes, but the respect to stand up and salute someone who has gone to war and killed enemies of your country so that you don't have to. I was in the Army, never saw battle, and have a lot of respect for those who did.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost