POLITICS - CNN gun story

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Comal Forge
Levergunner 2.0

POLITICS - CNN gun story

Post by Comal Forge »

Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Comal Forge wrote:...More fuel for the anti-gun fire...
No, it's Proof Positive that "Gun Control" will never work...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

The "game" needs to be reinstated, but in a real fashion. :D
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Officer Cesar Quitana patrols a dangerous barrio in Juarez, Mexico. He is armed with an M16 assault rifle -- a weapon that would be no match in a gunfight with drug lords.

"I think most of us feel scared just to bring this with us," he says, pointing to the rifle in the front seat of his patrol car. "But this is what we use to defend ourselves."

An M16 no match. WTFO sounds like those boys need to learn how to shoot.

I say they can go get bent. They want our help with guns going south. Well we have wanted their help for decades with drugs and illegals. We already give the Mexican Gov enough money if they have a problem they can fix it.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

JReed wrote: An M16 no match. WTFO sounds like those boys need to learn how to shoot.
Copy that! :lol: Sheesh.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
win38-55
Levergunner 2.0

Post by win38-55 »

The weapon, a Barrett, was seized in an ATF raid. A round fired from 100 yards away tore through a car door and both sides of a bulletproof vest like those used by Mexican police.

No kidding jack. I seem to think it could go a wee bit further that a measly
100 yds.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

What JReed said.
Mtnfolk75
Levergunner

Post by Mtnfolk75 »

I 2nd both JReed and jnyork's post, what a crock .....
Dusty (Mtnfolk75)
Retired CA LEO / NRA Lifer

" Where my friend Roscoe is not welcome ..., neither am I ... "
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Heck, the cops and other officials turn a blind eye to the illegals and drugs that get smuggled up here a do all sorts of damage to our citizenry. So some ot them get shot by weapons smuggled down there. Just think of it as one of the provisions of NAFTA.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

JReed wrote:Officer Cesar Quitana patrols a dangerous barrio in Juarez, Mexico. He is armed with an M16 assault rifle -- a weapon that would be no match in a gunfight with drug lords.

"I think most of us feel scared just to bring this with us," he says, pointing to the rifle in the front seat of his patrol car. "But this is what we use to defend ourselves."

I say they can go get bent. They want our help with guns going south. Well we have wanted their help for decades with drugs and illegals. We already give the Mexican Gov enough money if they have a problem they can fix it.
Two years ago the druggies baited Tijuana cops to Ensenada and killed them. They cut off their heads and dumped the bodies at a bus depot in Tj.

Last year the locals cops had MaDeuce in sand bag revetments at choke points on several highways, and shooters to back up the guy stopping traffic. I passed thru those check points about 20 times and could not summon the guts to take pictures. I didn't get stopped by them but a guy I know did. He lived. Not a druggie. There is very serious effort to kill those badholes. I think the cops have a mad on for a long time. I talked to a pickup load of them armed with M-16s and flak gear. It's a war zone down along the border in more ways than one.
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

I seem to recall a story about some men armed with bolt action rifles storming
machine gun nests in Belleau Wood some time ago.

I hear you can get good nicknames from doing such things.
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
Duff L Bagg
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Duff L Bagg »

Grizz wrote:
JReed wrote:Officer Cesar Quitana patrols a dangerous barrio in Juarez, Mexico. He is armed with an M16 assault rifle -- a weapon that would be no match in a gunfight with drug lords.

Two years ago the druggies baited Tijuana cops to Ensenada and killed them. They cut off their heads and dumped the bodies at a bus depot in Tj.

Last year the locals cops had MaDeuce in sand bag revetments at choke points on several highways, and shooters to back up the guy stopping traffic. I passed thru those check points about 20 times and could not summon the guts to take pictures. I didn't get stopped by them but a guy I know did. He lived. Not a druggie. There is very serious effort to kill those badholes. I think the cops have a mad on for a long time. I talked to a pickup load of them armed with M-16s and flak gear. It's a war zone down along the border in more ways than one.

Jr I could not agree with you more.

I have not been to Mexico in many years, but the conditions that exist today are the results of corupt government officals willing to look the other way for a few pesos more.
Now that the chickens have come home to roost they are whining for our help. sounds like the Mexicans need to step up and take care of business.

Really Baby, I swear that it just followed me home.