OT: I guess gun control works in Kenya

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
bigbore442001
Levergunner 3.0

OT: I guess gun control works in Kenya

Post by bigbore442001 »

http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/Bows_ ... r_999.html

I found this story very interesting after seeing pictures of a fight between tribesmen using traditional archery equipment. Oh by the way,Kenya has some very strict gun laws and has had confiscations in the recent past. I guess it works?
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Ha! Hopefully, we won't be doing the same thing in 20 years! :?
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

A bow and arrow will work fine to take out a man with a rifle - as long as he doesn't see you first. Then you have a rifle. Trading up will be the name of the game if you know what hits the fan!!! :shock:
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

Im with Ysabel on this one.
I understand many of the European resistance fighters in WW2 upgraded from a kitchen knife to a gun by slitting the throat of a drunk or sleeping German soldier. I used to be reasonably handy with a bow and my son still is, so when the heathen horde arrives we will be armed, with or without the help of our poxy government.
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
Jarhead
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jarhead »

gundownunder wrote:Im with Ysabel on this one.
I understand many of the European resistance fighters in WW2 upgraded from a kitchen knife to a gun by slitting the throat of a drunk or sleeping German soldier. I used to be reasonably handy with a bow and my son still is, so when the heathen horde arrives we will be armed, with or without the help of our poxy government.
Great :!: Never really thought about this perspective before. Still have my USMC K-Bar.
Last edited by Jarhead on Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Semper Fi
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Bless my 4" Cold Steel lightweight folder. I can have my hands on it in my pocket and no one knows........If I'm just a little lucky, I believe I could charge an untrained thug with a gun and win if I was within 10 or 15 feet.......Hell, if I thought I was about to die, I'd charge if I didn't have that folder :P What do ya have to lose??? :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Post by Dave »

I have a friend from Kenya and he says no one is allowed to have a gun there except soldiers and police who he says are very corrupt.
We could hardly be more different because I am a white, Christian, redneck and he is a black Muslim. But since Africa is a rural area, and I grew up in the country we both grew up running around in the woods, fishing, hunting small game with dogs, all that stuff. He is a black Muslim redneck! He likes power tools and trucks. I gave him a Case XX pocket knife and he was very happy. He is a good ole boy.
He said in Kenya one day rich Arabs came and built mosques and started preaching a fire and brimstone version of Islam and told him he was not Muslim enough. He says the Kenyans hate the Arabs but since they are wealthy the govt likes them.
It just goes to show people are not that different really.