Another Mother Lode

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Another Mother Lode

Post by Pete44ru »

Whilst carousing a few gun shops, today - I hit one of my faves, only to find a new, temporary rack with about 25 new long gun arrivals, completely covered by a sheet.

It turned out, that the shop had just got them in, for sale, and was in the process of photographing & appraising them, prior to tagging w/prices.

Among some dross was a gennie, 97%, .30US (.30-40)Win M-1895, an older .300 Savage 99, a 100% Remington M-12 octagon w/tanger, a 98% Win 1890 or 1906 w/tanger, a 100% Italian 1876 Winchester -and a few more I'm sure I missed, before I got hustled away.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Pete,
I know the feelin'. You waltz on in there and see all kinds of goodies. Thinking your first inline for cherry pickin', you hang around. The owner gets irritated while you ask him questions. You hang around some more, discouraging other people who come near. You see these old guns in mint condition and you just don't care what the owner thinks--your stayin' all night if you have to. Been there--done that----lots of times! :D -----------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Please update us Pete if you get back in there. It would be really cool to have the 1895 Win. :P :P :P
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

The M-1895 has a nice, wedge-shaped, ebony inlay in the tip of it's schnobble forend, too. :P :P :P
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

sleeping on the sidewalk is going to be tough this time of year
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."