Had a great evening

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Had a great evening

Post by JReed »

About a week or so ago I got a pm from Old No7 saying he was going to be in town today and he wondered if we could meet up so he could take a peek at the sword. So naturaly I invited him to come to the house and have diner and spend the evening with us to sweeten the deal I told him since it was St Paddys day that we would be having corned beef with all the trimmings of course he accepted :D .

We had a great meal if I do say so myself. Had fun showing off the sword and guns. Took him on a small tour of the base and all in all had a great time.
Old No7 is great people and it was awesome to get a chance to meet him in person and to have him spend some time with the family.

I hope to meet quite a few more of you face to face in the future. :D
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Jarhead
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jarhead »

Hey Brother,

Good to hear you are enjoying yourself down there in So. Cal. Are you at Camp Pendleton? I spent 18 months there, but that was over 36 years ago. I did not like So. CA...do the locals treat you Marines with respect now? During the Nam years, they hated us...

How many years you been in the "Crotch?"

"Dress Blues Shower Shoes and a Light Coat of Oil."

Be safe...

Mike
India 3/5
Semper Fi
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Jeremy, good on you for taking the time to meet other forum members! Glad you had a good time, and I hope "Old No. 7" can join us at the next SoCal meet.

-Tutt
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sounds like a grand time! :D
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

:D
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

CowboyTutt wrote:Jeremy, good on you for taking the time to meet other forum members! Glad you had a good time, and I hope "Old No. 7" can join us at the next SoCal meet.

-Tutt
I dont know if he can pull that one he is from Main.

Jarhead Yep down here at Pendleton been doing it for going on 12 years now. Grew up in SoCal so it doesnt bother me much.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

Semper Fidelis
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

A GREAT time!

Post by Old No7 »

Thanks Jeremy!

I had a BLAST meeting you and your wonderful family, seeing your great collection of "toys" and touring the Marine base. And of course, the GREAT meal that Dee cooked up -- yummy! Told my wife about those bacon-wrapped green beans -- hope to have them this weekend...

Just got back to home in Maine after getting about 2 hours sleep on the delayed overnight redeye from San Fran -- not as bad as the "crucible" you mentioned -- but bad enough for me, ugh...

It was really neat to see and hold the awesome sword the gang from Project Sword gave to you. It's even better in person than it is on the website. It's the "Lexus" of swords!

I can honestly say to all that JReed is an Officer and a Gentleman. And it was a pleasure to meet him in person.

As for the next So. Cal. LG Reunion: "Never say never..."

Semper Fi and tight groups!

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Glad you made it home safe. I hope you get a chance this weekend to get over the jet lag.

I dont know about a gentleman :wink:. But no officer for sure. :wink: :D

We will have to see where I go after recruiting school. Who knows I may be getting together with a bunch of you in another part of the country.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

Semper Fidelis
WCF3030
Senior Levergunner

Post by WCF3030 »

Swords, guns, family, good company, and good food...what more can you ask for.
That which does not kill me has made a grave tactical error.

http://thewoodsman1.blogspot.com/