Might be getting a Mastador

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Might be getting a Mastador

Post by madman4570 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVCIGc-z6s0

Looks like this guy above! (see video at min(1:45-2:00 and 3:20)to see what they look at when full grown! :lol:

People want to give me him free(eats too much :roll: )He is a Mastador----Half Bull Mastiff/Lab----both parents pure breds on premisis.
He is stunning(just under a year old)solid black(huge head weighs "now"about 110lbs but will get to about 135-150bs ???(per present owners)

Here is the deal-------lady that works with my wife-------loves Labs-----but always wanted a Bull Mastiff.
Honestly-------I always wanted to breed my lab with a female Bull Mastiff--(didn't know until today these were a known hybrid breed)or its breed name.
The lady that works with my wife lives in the country---(could always use some extra protection)

So, I called her-----------------said,come look at this dog--------you would love him----
Though he is very scary looking(to me honestly he looks like a big Presa Cane Corso Mastiff)------solid jet black-------big jaws etc. :lol: intimidating to say the least!

If she likes him/wants him-----------------------letting her have him/her dog! (if not my dog) owners wanted me to take him this afternoon(for me)cause they said that dog loves you! :lol: -----I was sitting down and he was in my lap.I was telling him----I love dogs/I don't like cats/skunks/chucks/squirrels/coons/ but I love dogs-----Dogs are the best/dogs should rule the world/we should work for dogs etc------That darn dog was actually trying to talk back to me and smiling--------owners were laughing their a##es off-----Then the husband said---------I like dogs better than people------- :D

He wanted to get in my SUV and go! but they said----they will hold it for her/me!

Very friendly with me---but when neighbors of theirs drove by------oh boy(wow-----and what a bark)

Anyhow he is not neutered as is neither my Lab(but my Lab looks very big also)120lbs(not fat)
So---------------we will see-----------------------oh boy-----here goes another $80@ month in dog food---plus all the other goodies. :D

My lab is starring at me all day today---------------------------knowing something is up????????
But really hope that fine gal-------gets her ultimate loving protector! And if so I will just have to take him treats there and I still plan on playing with him! :wink: God, I love dogs!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Might be getting a Mastador

Post by AJMD429 »

From what I understand (from a chance-encounter with a guy who was a medieval history-buff) some of those larger breeds were even LARGER in the feudal times, and when sabre-armed horsemen were approaching with ill-intent, you turned loose the dogs, which would chase the horses, often catch them, and drag their riders off to neutralize (and probably eat) them.

I'd like to read more about that, but haven't ever seen much written about it.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

The dog in that video is very much overweight.

I hope you and your friend take better care of your pet.

:(
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Dogs that vocalize with ya are way cool.... 8) 8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

AJMD429 wrote:From what I understand (from a chance-encounter with a guy who was a medieval history-buff) some of those larger breeds were even LARGER in the feudal times, and when sabre-armed horsemen were approaching with ill-intent, you turned loose the dogs, which would chase the horses, often catch them, and drag their riders off to neutralize (and probably eat) them.

I'd like to read more about that, but haven't ever seen much written about it.
I read awhile back about during the Viking raids of the late 9th century the popular prayer was "Save us from the Danes and their dogs". Some speculate that Great Danes descend from these large fierce Viking dogs.

Personally I'd LOVE a Bull-shihtz, half Bulldog, half Shih-tzu. :lol:
Last edited by Ji in Hawaii on Sat May 18, 2013 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
junkbug
Levergunner 2.0

Post by junkbug »

Just for a second, I thought you got one of these.

http://www.matadorcoupe.com/

Enjoy your new friend.