POLITICS - One more (unfortunate) reason to own a Lever

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

POLITICS - One more (unfortunate) reason to own a Lever

Post by AJMD429 »

The good news is that at least leverguns don't malfunction this way; the bad news is the Gestapo is out of control and the public is clueless.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php? ... geId=58930
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I had heard of the case, didn't know of the conviction. Rather well done report by CNN, of all folks. The logic of charging the person with "transferring" a machine gun, when the malfunction occurred after the gun was out of his control is beyond me. My only hope is that this is overturned on appeal. It's just as disturbing that it was brought in the first place. I wonder just how many law enforcement personnel using semi-autos have had their interrupter, (I think that's the right name for the part), break on their guns? AND, I include the BATF, when I question whether the same charges would have been brought. Is this a case where the Federal Prosecutor set the scenario up?
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

I'm shocked at such a well done video coming from CNN - in FAVOR or the accused! WOW! With their usual coverage of Second Amendment stuff I'd have expected them to vilify the accused and laud the gov't for getting that vile, ugly, evil black rifle off the streets and that creep gun owner into prison. This is one case that REALLY needs to be taken as high as it can go in the appeals courts until he is vindicated.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Close Griff , but its the disconnector. This deal just sucks. Dont anyone in govt. have any common sence anymore??? :evil:
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Griff wrote:I had heard of the case, didn't know of the conviction. Rather well done report by CNN, of all folks.
+1 I too was shocked when I watched it on CNN. Very good(unbiased, who'd a thought?) report.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

Not surprizing :x !
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

Not surprising at all.

The prosecutor sees another gun crime conviction notch to his belt to further
his career. It probably as simple as that. The poor guy isn't a person to him,
he is a commodity and a tool to further his goals.

Honor has been replaced by agendas.
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Well, Gee Lou, you are only just now learning that the BATFE is NOT a friend to gun owners? :roll:

His biggest mistake was being active on ARFCOM. His 1st Amendment annoyed the "keepers" of the 2nd. :evil:

Did you hear when Lou asked "I would hope the NRA... steps in and takes a look?" Of course, the JPFO sent out alerts about this back in January... ( http://tinyurl.com/2t8ra3 ) but if you do a search for "Olofson" on the NRA sites you get squat. :oops:

A precedent setting case and only the JPFO had anything to say. :evil:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Lou Dobbs Pt 2:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politi ... part.2.cnn

Send Mr Dobbs an Email.

http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form5.html?9

It's so rare to see HONEST reporting that we need to praise it LOUDLY.

I can't wait to hear what the NRA has to say about why they weren't involved in the case...

Oh, FWIW here is 47 pages on this subject on ARFCOM started by the guy himself.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=6&t=507483
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Some info on the BATFE's criminal malfesance:
Be aware, however the court never had access to this information. When Olofson's attorneys requested that the court compel BATFE to produce these and other documents proving Olofson's innocence, BATFE's Chief Counsel's Office loftily informed the court that the documents involved contained "tax information" -- namely, a $200 federal excise tax stamp -- and that the court was therefore prohibited from seeing them.

All such documents -- even a BATFE letter to the manufacturer of Olofson's rifle mandating a safety recall in 1986 (due to its going "full auto" if it malfunctioned) -- were kept secret from the judge in the case, Charles N. Clevert, and the rest of the court. BATFE's Chief Counsel told Assistant U.S. Attorney Gregory J. Haanstad, who passed it along: "The Court will have take our word that the documents in question contain tax information, and contain no exculpatory evidence".

Haanstad claimed the law does not exempt a malfunction. He claims that it states "any weapon that shoots more than once without manual reloading, per function of the trigger is a machinegun". When Len, acting as a defense expert, took the stand, he asked, "Are you saying if I take my great-granddaddy's double barrel shotgun out and pull one trigger, and both barrels go off, it's a machinegun?". Haanstad cited the law (U.S. Code, Section 5845), restating that "any weapon that shoots ... "

If your semiauto rifle breaks, you are now subject to federal prosecution. Even more ironic, those in the sporting culture, who have derided so-called "black guns" and "assault rifles" for so long, now face a real possibility of their expensive double shotguns being seized, and of possible prosecution, if BATFE's no-standards laboratory -- which has no procedures in writing and does all of its testing in secret -- can make it fire more than once with a single pull of the trigger. If there is information proving their innocence, BATFE can always claim it's tax information, and prevent both judge and jury from considering it...

http://www.jpfo.org/smith/smith-olofson-case.htm
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I just looked out my window. Didn't see pigs flying. Don't know the weather forecast in Hades, but I don't think it is calling for ice. Figured one of the two must be happening for anyone on CNN to take the side of a gun owner! :shock:

Watching the story, the phrase "jack-booted thugs" comes to mind. Does anyone really wonder what is going to happen to all of us should folks like Hillary, Obama, Pelosi, Reid, Schumer, Kennedy, et. all continue to gain power in our society??? :evil:
Ram Hammer
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Ram Hammer »

I saw this on the news last night and couldn't believe my ears! One has to wonder if the BATF purposely recruits anti gun personnel to carry out this kind of activity against fellow citizens. Based on what I have seen, the BATF is a political organization with law enforcement authority. Sort of like the Nazi of Germany.
No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself

There's no trick to being a humorist when you have the whole government working for you.
Will Rogers
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

I don't have cable or satellite, so you guys are telling me about something I didn't know. A bit strange considering the kind of stuff I read online, but oh well...

I was going to post the second part, but I see it's already up there. Also talking about CNN, I used to listen to Glenn Beck before they replaced him with a local idjit named Ben Ferguson on the radio station here. I liked him, and I still get his emails. He has a show on CNN too, and I'd have to recommend it, from what he's like on the radio... though I've only seen a few little clips of the TV show.
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

I don't know how fast the 800 or so rounds were fired through the gun, but this could have been from the gun being so hot , that they started to "cook off" in the chamber.As far as the arrest, our government leaders are out of control,they allow a drug smuggler to sue over the treatment he received at the border after entering illegally,and then treat their own upstanding citizens as criminals without proof of wrong doing.

ASK YOUR POLITICIANS WHERE THEY STAND ON BOTH THESE ISSUES ,AND IF THEY WILL NOT STAND FOR THEIR OWN CITIZENS, OR IF THEY WAFFLE ON THESE ISSUES, VOTE AGAINST THEM IN THE NEXT ELECTIONS!
bunklocoempire
Senior Levergunner

Post by bunklocoempire »

Been following this for a while on another forum: http://www.awrm.org/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi under Situation Reports, handle Bladerunner

This is how a soldier and member of a militia forum is treated, vote for the lesser of two evils? ...right :?

I suggest following along with updates and insights Mr. Olofson gives as he is the one going through it. Which of us is next?

mmm... I wonder who's gonna get Mr. Olofsons vote.

Bunkloco
“We, as a group, now have a greater moral responsibility to act than those who live in ignorance, once you become knowledgeable you have an obligation to do something about it.” Ron Paul
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Idahoser wrote:I used to listen to Glenn Beck before they replaced him with a local idjit named Ben Ferguson on the radio station here. I liked him, and I still get his emails. He has a show on CNN too, and I'd have to recommend it, from what he's like on the radio... though I've only seen a few little clips of the TV show.
Check out Neal Boortz - he's the most unapologetically pro-gun guy on the radio, and he actually has a good knowledge base on the topic, as well as many other topics. He pulls no punches, but he's not as rude as some of the others (Savage) or as full of himself (Limbaugh). He's on the web too - http://boortz.com/nuze/
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

It looks like Goerge Bush could see something like this happen, check it out, call down to ATF and fire a few people, and invite the gun owner to the White House for lunch, as he calls the courts and tells them to erase everything on this mans conviction. OH!!!!if only one time we had a president like that.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Man, does this turn my stomach. My first reaction is...This is not my country...it would never happen in my country. Yet here it is. At this particular time in history, at this particular place in history, we have to find a way to make this situation a calling card to arms. No not a call to pick weapons but to literally pick up our pens, our key boards, and our phones to all of our representatives that we allow to work in OUR government.

Some how this has to get to the supreme court and the Heller decision. The very arguement that the petitioner brought up in reference to the 2A suggesting that "his" meaning of a 'well regulated militia' and 'the right ot keep and bear arms' being the intent was for regular citizens belonging to a militia should bring his own weapons...falls right into this. Mr. Olofson was a member of the Army Reserves (at the time of prosecution), even by the worst possible standard given to the supreme court this past Tuesday gives credence to the right of Mr. Olofson to have any weapon that could be utilized by a 'well regulated militia'.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Ysabel Kid wrote:I just looked out my window. Didn't see pigs flying. Don't know the weather forecast in Hades, but I don't think it is calling for ice. Figured one of the two must be happening for anyone on CNN to take the side of a gun owner! :shock:

Watching the story, the phrase "jack-booted thugs" comes to mind. Does anyone really wonder what is going to happen to all of us should folks like Hillary, Obama, Pelosi, Reid, Schumer, Kennedy, et. all continue to gain power in our society??? :evil:
You'll be fine as long as the wife and kids keep the guns for you and you dont run out of ammo. :wink:
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
505stevec
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 505stevec »

As an Investigator on an Indian Reservation the Federal Government has Jurisdiction on all Felonies. I cannot tell you how many Pedophiles, rapists and murderers go free for lack of prosecution or plea bargaining. Then this guy gets hammered. it is beyond me :? :cry: